NCASE M1 V6 info

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
You can also remove the ncase name tag and switch position with the power cable :) this way the cable comes over the fan part and fits nicely. Can make a picture of my set-up if you would like.
I have a picture of this solution I posted a few pages ago:

MDKenley

Chassis Packer
Sep 23, 2019
I will probably leave mine where it is, routing the cord over the cooler will make me nuts lol, but thanks for pointing out n alternative solution!

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I have a picture of this solution I posted a few pages ago:

This solution works for this type of heatsink, but stand-offs might be needed for others.

For example, last month Bourne3D posted twice, with 3 photos of the Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 Tower Cooler in his M1. Being a tower cooler, the fins on the heatsink are close to both positions for the case's rear power connector so it was decided to cut some of the fins. Photos two and three show the cut fins and the internal power connector. I wonder if using stand-offs for the power connector might have allowed the power cable to pass over the fins instead. If not, cutting a few fins to gain the good cooling results that were reported may be an acceptable solution.

Reactions: mika and MDKenley

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Do i have to do any special modding to fit an maximus xi gene en the ncase m1 v6?

Yes, this motherboard fits without modding the M1, but you'll have to mod the connectors along the bottom edge of the motherboard (see the links below) and devise a method for mounting the power supply. I don't know if the new M1 v6 front mounting bracket would work in such a build. Also note that this motherboard's PCI-E x16 slot is lower than usual and is aligned with the M1's middle expansion slot cover. This will limit you to a graphics card that is 2 slots thick.

Links on this subject:
Please post if you proceed with using this build.

Last edited:

MarceloSiciliano

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Yes, this motherboard fits without modding the M1, but you'll have to mod the connectors along the bottom edge of the motherboard (see the links below) and devise a method for mounting the power supply. I don't know if the new M1 v6 front mounting bracket would work in such a build. Also note that this motherboard's PCI-E x16 slot is lower than usual and is aligned with the M1's middle expansion slot cover. This will limit you to a graphics card that is 2 slots thick.

Links on this subject:
Please post if you proceed with using this build.
@Necere can you confirm that PSU mount will work?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I'm surprised you haven't gotten rid of the holes and rubber grommets in the back.

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Your cable is way shorter than mine!
I'm not sure there were different power cable lengths shipped with the M1 v6. I did have to do some careful routing near where it connects to the psu. Maybe that accounts for the shorter distance you're seeing? You can see the extra slack in the bottom right of the pic.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I'm not sure there were different power cable lengths shipped with the M1 v6. I did have to do some careful routing near where it connects to the psu. Maybe that accounts for the shorter distance you're seeing? You can see the extra slack in the bottom right of the pic.
Ohhh I see now, in front of the psu. Thanks.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com

aforrister

Case Bender
Dec 8, 2019
Hey guys! I was lucky enough to get my hands on both a 3950x and a V6 case. I'm planning to buy a 1080ti with the intent to wait and see what the next gen Nvidia cards are like in 6 months, at which point I'll probably sell the 1080ti for a slight loss. The only thing holding me up in building my system is choosing a motherboard. I'm between the Crosshair Impact and the Strix X570-I.

If I go with the itx board, I can build a dual 240mm custom loop with a 240mm rad in the bottom of the case. However, I'm drawn to the Impact board.

If I go with the Impact, it seems the bottom of the PCB and the soundcard would conflict with a bottom radiator, so I couldn't do a custom loop with dual 240 rads. I would use a 240mm AIO and likely an accelero 3 with 2NFA-12x25's underneath instead.

Cost aside, which would you go for? Which would likely cool the GPU more effectively? Would a 240mm rad be choked for air in the bottom of the case? Since there aren't many workloads which put a lot of stress on both the CPU and GPU simultaneously, would I be better with the custom loop even if the bottom radiator were to dissipate less heat than the accelero 3? I've read ALL of this thread and watched Optimum Tech's videos already, there just doesn't seem to be much information out there about a dual radiator set up and temps. How much of a pain would maintenance be on a custom loop like this?
Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give.