NCASE M1 V6 info

QuasarKiller

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 12, 2019
Does anyone know of an adapter for the 20 Pin Type E motherboard header to some older USB standard? I want to go Ryzen while keeping all of the front I/O functionality, but can’t stomach the cost of the ASUS Crosshair Impact VIII.

I’m assuming someone has asked this in the past but I probably missed it through my searching through 95 pages of replies.

shukero

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 10, 2019
finished cable management of all the V6 cables and the Impact. The only other cables that this build will see are the two motherboard power cables ( cablemod custom made ), the GFX cable ( also from cablemod ) and the fan and pump cables. I'm wainting for the cablemod cables for now. I settled on 20cm for the PSU cables and 35 for the GFX ( I will have to route it quite a bit )

Hey Turboleak,

First off, I'm really greatful for the wire management and 120mm fan photos you've already added to help with most of my questions on this particular mobo.

My last curiosity is where the m.2 riser board stops when mounted. are you still able to put an AIO / radiator with 120mm fans on the side bracket? I'll be heartbroken if I'm not able to use the riser board due to AIO limitations :(.

Thanks in advance!

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the DTX Crosshair because it is the only x570 board that has 2 M.2 drives and optical out (my steelseries headset sounds better with optical). Can't use that MoBo on sandwich layout cases, so add me to the list of ppl waiting for V6 haha.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Does anyone know of an adapter for the 20 Pin Type E motherboard header to some older USB standard? I want to go Ryzen while keeping all of the front I/O functionality, but can’t stomach the cost of the ASUS Crosshair Impact VIII.

I’m assuming someone has asked this in the past but I probably missed it through my searching through 95 pages of replies.
Most of the discussion is in the motherboards w/type E header thread (check the last couple of pages).

Reactions: QuasarKiller

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
should i expect in December of this year ncase m1? And how much will it cost?
For me it was, I believe, 210 case, 35 cheapest shipping and 30 for import (no tax, just processing at the customs in the Netherlands, otherwise it was an extra 21% of 210) = 275 euro's

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
Hey Turboleak,

First off, I'm really greatful for the wire management and 120mm fan photos you've already added to help with most of my questions on this particular mobo.

My last curiosity is where the m.2 riser board stops when mounted. are you still able to put an AIO / radiator with 120mm fans on the side bracket? I'll be heartbroken if I'm not able to use the riser board due to AIO limitations :(.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,
The riser board does not interfere at all with the AIO. It is positioned lower than the AIO bracket.
Regarding AIO compatibility, well, it really depends on the AIO. I bought the enermax Liqtech II 240. It has the thickest radiator of all the 240mm AIO´s I could find and it also has a reasonably short cpu block. But I was not satisfied with it's performance and ended up making a frankenstein AIO. Basically I am using the block and tubing of the Liqtech and replaced the original radiator and fans for a Alphacool 45mm thick copper radiator ( the Liqtech was 39mm ) and two noctua 2000rpm industrial fans. The fan is about 5mm from the block, it is thight but it is really clean and it fits. Another advantage of the frankenstein AIO is that as I cut the tubing to the exact size, it really helps on a clean look and also on uncluttering the already small space available.

I did a couple of more cool things like deliding the CPU and modding the cpu copper base to be able to use the core directly on the copper block without having to use the heatspreader, and I did film every single part with the intention of publishing it on youtube but I'm having a hard time justifying the effort of editing the videos and uploading them :/

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the 3950x ( using a 3400g in the meanwhile ) and also waiting for the GFX. And yes, I will delid the 3950x :)

Last edited:

MDKenley

Chassis Packer
Sep 23, 2019
Just Ncase you are using a NH-C14S and find the power plug colliding with the cooler, here is my solution, standoffs.

Emerald9966

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2019
Just Ncase you are using a NH-C14S and find the power plug colliding with the cooler, here is my solution, standoffs.
no pictures ... I ordered the NH-C14S myself, I would like to see how you have it. It remains only to wait for the case to be on sale ...

thefiend1

Trash Compacter
Oct 6, 2017
Has there been an update on the front I/O plate (with usb and headphone port removed) being offered for sale? I know there was the possibility for a group buy but havent really seen any news since then.

Thanks!

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
You can also remove the ncase name tag and switch position with the power cable :) this way the cable comes over the fan part and fits nicely. Can make a picture of my set-up if you would like.
That's how I have mine setup as well since I was running into the exact issue in the pictures. So swapping the position of the plug with the name plate position solves that problem.

Reactions: mika and rfarmer

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
That's how I have mine setup as well since I was running into the exact issue in the pictures. So swapping the position of the plug with the name plate position solves that problem.
Saw in the photo you had it in stock position, but never mind then :)

I didn't notice until after 4 week and 10 times removing all the panels that it was an option. Amazing detail and possibilties!

Last edited: