NCASE M1 V6 info

caboose

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2018
Worldwide shipping.

First post has the most up to date info.

No, the floor mounts were removed for V6. In general it wasn't a good idea to use them anyway with an air-cooled GPU, since the drive would block a lot of airflow and pick up a lot of heat from the GPU.

Wow I feel dumb...sorry about that and thank you.

danny.nguyen

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
He did design something nice. If the cooler you want to use doesn't fit you will need to adjust, or find a case that fits your needs. I bought a new cooler since my d15s won't fit. Now I can use my 9700k in this case.

I know. I will design my own case (itx and sfx) one day.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Oct 28, 2019
man how much longer do i have to wait to buy a V6!? its been what seems like forever, im almost to the point i just want to grab a sliger sm580 instead.

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
Does this cafe fit with ROG X570 Impact VII? It's really shame that it has one slot of pie, should have been two.

Yup. I think you have to remove the soundcard though.

Reactions: danny.nguyen

Emerald9966

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2019
Please tell me which air cooling is better to take for the ryzen 3600 processor? Money is not the problem.
Alpenföhn Black Ridge - will it fit in the ncase m1 v6? Will it be possible to install a 12x15 / 25 fan on top?
Another important question is: will the GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 Super WINDFORCE OC fit into this case? If so, will two 120x25 fit in the bottom of the fan? Or only 120x15?
Thank you in advance for the answer, this will be my first mini-ITX build.
By the way, when will the case go on sale? And will it be possible to order it in Russia?

Emerald9966

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2019
I already saw that you can put more cooling. But I can’t choose. What is better to put cooling under AM4 in this case? I need the best, money doesn't matter.

Emerald9966

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2019
But what about the video card? Will two 120x25 get into the bottom of the video card if there is a gigabyte RTX 2080 super windforce?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I´m not sure about the videocard. can´t tell you.

CPU wise if you need the best you should definetly go for a custom waterloop. There is the iceman reservoir that you can attach to the rear fan grill and can hold a ddc pump, with a good waterblock (alphacool has a good one, or watercool heatkiller I like a lot, but theres little diference between them) and a good rad like the nemesis gts 240 with two noctuas.

If you don´t want to do a custom loop, go for an AIO 240mm, I have read good things about the asus rog one, and I have good experience with the alphacool eisbaer.

If you don´t want water at all, the noctua c14s or the thermalright silver arow 130 are the best options. the black ridge is a very good cpu cooler for it´s size, but if you can use a bigger one... it´s going to be better.

draic

Chassis Packer
Feb 7, 2018
Does this cafe fit with ROG X570 Impact VII? It's really shame that it has one slot of pie, should have been two.
Yup. I think you have to remove the soundcard though.

it fits the V6, but one of the clamps of older versions interferes with the backplate of the motherboard.
If you have version 1 to 5, you can either:
a) remove the backplate (but it has a heatpipe)
b) clip the pin from the sidepanel and remove the clip
c) drill a hole into the backplate for the sidepanel pin to pass through and remove the clip

I went with option c.

If you only remove the clip but let the pin be it is not that noticeable that the sidepanel is barely pushed back by the MB. So you might just live with it and not modify anything.

There are no issues with the soundcard. My front panel connectors fit fine. The extra length wont interfere with anything other than bottom radiator mounting or more obscure stuff.

Only other mod I did was for my apogee drive 2 to fit. Otherwise it all worked

Emerald9966

Caliper Novice
Dec 2, 2019
I´m not sure about the videocard. can´t tell you.

CPU wise if you need the best you should definetly go for a custom waterloop. There is the iceman reservoir that you can attach to the rear fan grill and can hold a ddc pump, with a good waterblock (alphacool has a good one, or watercool heatkiller I like a lot, but theres little diference between them) and a good rad like the nemesis gts 240 with two noctuas.

If you don´t want to do a custom loop, go for an AIO 240mm, I have read good things about the asus rog one, and I have good experience with the alphacool eisbaer.

If you don´t want water at all, the noctua c14s or the thermalright silver arow 130 are the best options. the black ridge is a very good cpu cooler for it´s size, but if you can use a bigger one... it´s going to be better.
Thank you, the issue with cooling the processor has been resolved. It remains only to find out when this case will be on sale and how much it will cost approximately. There is a question about Noctua NH-C14S - can I put two 120x25 fans at the top-side? Or at least two 120x15?

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
@Necere do you know the name of the 6 pin connector that attaches to the power switch? It seems like a 6 pin JST 2.0 PH connector but just wanted to confirm. Want to leave the stock cable alone and make a custom sleeved one direct to my motherboard.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Thank you, the issue with cooling the processor has been resolved. It remains only to find out when this case will be on sale and how much it will cost approximately. There is a question about Noctua NH-C14S - can I put two 120x25 fans at the top-side? Or at least two 120x15?
140x25 underneath the c14s, 120x15 on top (do it only drops cpu temps by 2-4 degrees push-push set up i believe.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere do you know the name of the 6 pin connector that attaches to the power switch? It seems like a 6 pin JST 2.0 PH connector but just wanted to confirm. Want to leave the stock cable alone and make a custom sleeved one direct to my motherboard.
I don't know what the connector is, sorry.