NCASE M1 V6 info

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
W360 tells me we're looking at about mid-December for availability on the next batch of M1s.
Is there any better way to receive updates when the new stock goes live than this thread? I'd hate to miss out.

Also, any developments on a tempered glass side panel option?

Kanelbulle

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
v6.1 should probably just fix this little *cough* mishap... (that you cant fit two SSD drives in front using the 2,5" stacking brackets)

i can confirm that putting two SSDs in the front outside is very hard to archive. If u use the optical drive bay, they touch the front cover and cause s small gap.

Even if you use only the SSDs with the stacking bracket and clamp it to the front, it will touch the front panel

the only way i see is to mount one in the inside and one on the outside on the optical drive bay... unfortunately, this istn possible for me because of my SATA power cable ... the SSD on the inside is to close to the case, i cant plug it in.

Try using a single 2.5" stacking bracket on the side furthest from the front panel angled bend. I think that should fit. This is something I overlooked though, unfortunately (I tested with a 15.5mm thick 2.5" drive, rather than a pair of 7mm stacked drives, neglecting to take the brackets into account), and will need to fix in a future revision.

Reactions: xSDMx

HAshfaq786

Cable Smoosher
Nov 21, 2019
Hi @Necere,

I was wondering if you could help at all. Looking to get hold of the NCase M1. The website seems to be down.

Would you know when the website is likely to come back online and when is a realistic date of obtaining the case.

Thanks

• Angry
Reactions: xSDMx

NcaseFan

Case Bender
Nov 20, 2019
Hi @Necere,

I was wondering if you could help at all. Looking to get hold of the NCase M1. The website seems to be down.

Would you know when the website is likely to come back online and when is a realistic date of obtaining the case.

Thanks
mate could you do everybody a favor and read the very first post of the thread youre posting in? thank you!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thank you, can you tell me what do you mean with "Adjusted front SFX mount position"?
I just moved the front SFX mounting holes to the left by 1.5mm so the chassis acts as a stop for the extended flange on the SFX bracket in order to limit its range of motion. Here are some preproduction pics of the new bracket:

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
I just moved the front SFX mounting holes to the left by 1.5mm so the chassis acts as a stop for the extended flange on the SFX bracket in order to limit its range of motion. Here are some preproduction pics of the new bracket:

Ok thanks, so the changes for the v6.1 are only for people that use two 2.5" ssd in the front or use the odd slot?
Anything else that can be useful? I'm asking it because I have a v6 but I won't have all my parts for a while so I could sell it and get the new version.
Do you think it's worth the hassle?

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Ok thanks, so the changes for the v6.1 are only for people that use two 2.5" ssd in the front or use the odd slot?
Anything else that can be useful? I'm asking it because I have a v6 but I won't have all my parts for a while so I could sell it and get the new version.
Do you think it's worth the hassle?
Nah, it's just some very minor revisions in V6.1 to address some issues a few people brought up, none of them especially serious. V6 should do you fine.

Reactions: Alessio.B87

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
One thing I noticed when building my M1 ( still unfinished ) is that the front IO cables are way to big! I would consider at least halving their length.
They need to be long enough to reach any possible header location on the motherboard, plus enough slack to allow for clean routing.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
They need to be long enough to reach any possible header location on the motherboard, plus enough slack to allow for clean routing.
I understand that, I just don't see any motherboard in existence having those headers on the rear of the board.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I understand that, I just don't see any motherboard in existence having those headers on the rear of the board.
Here's an example of a board with the 19 pin USB header in the rear upper corner. Many of the boards with the type E header (for front panel USB C) also have the header up in that corner.

Reactions: Cristian