NCASE M1 V6 info

draic

Chassis Packer
Feb 7, 2018
not right now, depends on shipping workload

the new team at TWPS is so inefficient, it took too much work just explaining how to ship 6 SKUs, they just don’t want to handle complicated stuff

the new staff is minimum wage workers, younger too, they want easy

TWPS is know to loose $ per shipment, so every shipment is subsidized, so they preferred to do almost nothing

So the main issue is with having all the different options and items available in the store and supporting that, correct? Might it work better to do a preorder/groupbuy then instead? So not supporting these items on the shop for now, but people can order something like like the power cable or the I/O until a fixed date and you do a single time shipping those orders out? It would really suck if you completely stop offering parts all together, so something like that might be a temporary solution.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
So the main issue is with having all the different options and items available in the store and supporting that, correct? Might it work better to do a preorder/groupbuy then instead? So not supporting these items on the shop for now, but people can order something like like the power cable or the I/O until a fixed date and you do a single time shipping those orders out? It would really suck if you completely stop offering parts all together, so something like that might be a temporary solution.
I've passed the group buy idea on to w360.

One bit of good news: he says he should be able to sell the power cable, as it's made in China and is therefore not subject to the same shipping issues as the parts in Taiwan. He says these'll be up once the new ncases.com store is up.

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Sep 1, 2019
So ladies, gentlemen and others I'm happy to announce that I finally have the case in my possession, actually it's already up and running! After a month and a half of waiting, anxiety, cursing, praying and so on it was totally worth it, I'm in love with this thing.

Today the customs part was a breeze, I just went there without any hope but this time around another person was at the counter, just gave the papers, he went back to the storage room, returned with the box, asked me what was in it, I said a case, he said: cool, and that was it hahah.

I want to super mega hyper thank Daniel a.k.a. Wahaha360 for helping me on this situation and for having an unmeasured amount of patience with me. I'm really glad that it was a happy ending :)

A small sneak peak of my build, tomorrow with more time I will do a proper cable management and star tinkering with it.

Last edited:

throwawayaccount

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 12, 2019
Are people still looking for this case? I bought the ncase in 2014 and have never opened the package. Thinking about putting it on ebay if you guys are interested.

Last edited:

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I know. I know.

It's the holidays so I figure now would be a good time to get rid of it. Owned it for 5 years and it just sat in the corner untouched.
I'm triggered. You simply don't get rid of such a beauty! Being untouched for such a long time... She doesn't even know what it feels like being touched... So sad for her.

On topic: you had money to spend and just wanted to leave 200+ dollars in the corner of a room? XD

koxplate

Efficiency Noob
Nov 13, 2019
So ladies, gentlemen and others I'm happy to announce that I finally have the case in my possession, actually it's already up and running! After a month and a half of waiting, anxiety, cursing, praying and so on it was totally worth it, I'm in love with this thing.

Today the customs part was a breeze, I just went there without any hope but this time around another person was at the counter, just gave the papers, he went back to the storage room, returned with the box, asked me what was in it, I said a case, he said: cool, and that was it hahah.

I want to super mega hyper thank Daniel a.k.a. Wahaha360 for helping me on this situation and for having an unmeasured amount of patience with me. I'm really glad that it was a happy ending :)

A small sneak peak of my build, tomorrow with more time I will do a proper cable management and star tinkering with it.

I would but it !!

Mukes

Efficiency Noob
Nov 14, 2019
so providing upgrade kits for the I/O for the older NCase versions is canceled? Why?

When the v6 was announced, this was the first thing I wanted to know and the clear statement was, that there will be an I/O replacement for older versions. Now this is not going to happen? Then you shouldn't have promised it in the first place. I am not going to buy a v6 just to get front USB-C.

I would also like to upgrade my M1 to front USB-C.

Unfortunately, when I was about to check the status I had to realize that the product page of sfflab is no longer available. So I have signed up here in the forum to tell you that there are people out there willing to buy the upgrade kit ...
Please make this possible for us. @Necere

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I would also like to upgrade my M1 to front USB-C.

Unfortunately, when I was about to check the status I had to realize that the product page of sfflab is no longer available. So I have signed up here in the forum to tell you that there are people out there willing to buy the upgrade kit ...
Please make this possible for us. @Necere
Sadly, this is outside of my control.

smog4ik

Case Bender
Nov 15, 2019
Hi Necere,

First of all, thank you very much for a great design! I cannot wait to get my hands on an M1 and re-build my system in it.

Is there any update on when will ncases.com storefront launch?