NCASE M1 V6 info

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
finished cable management of all the V6 cables and the Impact. The only other cables that this build will see are the two motherboard power cables ( cablemod custom made ), the GFX cable ( also from cablemod ) and the fan and pump cables. I'm wainting for the cablemod cables for now. I settled on 20cm for the PSU cables and 35 for the GFX ( I will have to route it quite a bit )

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
Good news at least this Friday I will finally be able to call my build complete... pslate custom cables to arrive. Cant wait to have it all done. Was a pretty easy build outside of my Scythe cooler not fitting the asus x570 board

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks means also no panel sets? ODD top panel set? USB front panel?
That's really bad for future repairs. How about the angled power cable that you said it was coming? For people that use the PSU in the ATX position, now you have to force it in place risking to make some damage.
so providing upgrade kits for the I/O for the older NCase versions is canceled? Why?

When the v6 was announced, this was the first thing I wanted to know and the clear statement was, that there will be an I/O replacement for older versions. Now this is not going to happen? Then you shouldn't have promised it in the first place. I am not going to buy a v6 just to get front USB-C.
I asked w360 for clarification regarding shipping M1 parts, this is what he said:
wahaha360 said:
not right now, depends on shipping workload

the new team at TWPS is so inefficient, it took too much work just explaining how to ship 6 SKUs, they just don’t want to handle complicated stuff

the new staff is minimum wage workers, younger too, they want easy

TWPS is know to loose $ per shipment, so every shipment is subsidized, so they preferred to do almost nothing

So the problem is with Taiwan Post's quality of service, and until that improves, shipment of parts is on hold.

victorysaber

Cable Smoosher
Oct 2, 2019
finished cable management of all the V6 cables and the Impact. The only other cables that this build will see are the two motherboard power cables ( cablemod custom made ), the GFX cable ( also from cablemod ) and the fan and pump cables. I'm wainting for the cablemod cables for now. I settled on 20cm for the PSU cables and 35 for the GFX ( I will have to route it quite a bit )

Can u still install a 120mm fan beneath the motherboard?

RolandX

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2019
I‘m planing my first mini-itx build for my homelab server (supermicro mini-itx motherboards with Xeon-d are just amazing), and at first I removed the NCase M1 from my list because the front I/O, but now that is going to optional, and after read all the features it has (one of my favorites is the capacity to use a CPU fan of 120mm like the Noctua NH-U9S) is back to the top of my list.

I just hope this new version can arrive for x-mas :) it would be like one the best gifts ever hehe.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I‘m planing my first mini-itx build for my homelab server (supermicro mini-itx motherboards with Xeon-d are just amazing), and at first I removed the NCase N1 from my list because the front I/O, but now that is going to optional, and after read all the features it has (one of my favorites is the capacity to use a CPU fan of 120mm like the Noctua NH-U9S) is back to the top of my list.

I just hope this new version can arrive for x-mas :) it would be like one the best gifts ever hehe.

Thanks!

The Noctua NH-U9S uses 92 mm fans. There are a few short tower coolers that use 120 mm fans and still fit within the Ncase M1, but compatibility depends on the position of the CPU socket on the motherboard, the size of the VRM heatsinks, and the height of the RAM modules. One such model is the Thermalright Silver Arrow 130.

RolandX

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2019
Ok, so it seems that this is going to be my case of choice, based on my research, using the Noctua C14S with the NCase M1, vs for example the Noctua NH-12S which is the one I was planing to use if I choose the Ghost S1, the Ncase combination could beat the ass of the ghost s1 with a difference of 10 C under high load, that is just amazing, if anyone with more experience can comment on this I would really appreciate it. And for now I just need to wait for the availability of the V6 :).

Thanks!

Last edited:

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
Can u still install a 120mm fan beneath the motherboard?

yes, there is plenty of space. It will eat into the GXF area tho. You will be restricted to a one or two slot GFX.

Reactions: victorysaber

draic

Chassis Packer
Feb 7, 2018
So the problem is with Taiwan Post's quality of service, and until that improves, shipment of parts is on hold.

and Taiwan Post is the only available option? Why not change the carrier then? Can we assume that this is a temporary problem and you will offer parts again in the future?

RolandX

Chassis Packer
Nov 7, 2019
I just wondering, I have a pending vacation and Taiwan is on the list of places that I may visit, there is an online Store or physical store where I can get the Ncase and bring it with me? :)

and Taiwan Post is the only available option? Why not change the carrier then? Can we assume that this is a temporary problem and you will offer parts again in the future?

Reactions: roozter

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
So just to understand, is there other places where we can get the power cable angled in the other way? I can mount it like this now, it's really bad.

AsTuRkInG

Cable Smoosher
Jul 1, 2018
yes, there is plenty of space. It will eat into the GXF area tho. You will be restricted to a one or two slot GFX.

It seems that if you wanted to install a radiator in the future, there wouldn't be enough space.
Better to choose an itx board

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
It seems that if you wanted to install a radiator in the future, there wouldn't be enough space.
Better to choose an itx board

usually the radiator goes on the side bracket and not on the case floor because then you will have no space for a GFX if you put a radiator plus fans down there.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I asked w360 and apparently both FedEx and UPS require a business account to get decent rates, but only Taiwan residents or companies are eligible (neither of apply to him or NCASE/SFFlab). Without an account the only option is to ship retail, which for the M1 is $250 (!).

I just wondering, I have a pending vacation and Taiwan is on the list of places that I may visit, there is an online Store or physical store where I can get the Ncase and bring it with me? :)
No, there's no store.

So just to understand, is there other places where we can get the power cable angled in the other way? I can mount it like this now, it's really bad.
Other cases use similar cables, but I don't know offhand where you could get one.