NCASE M1 V6 info

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
Case delivered and build went fine. Feels so solid once completed. Had to move the default power intake as it was fouling the AIO, but other than that it was plain sailing after all the research and planning I'd done - thanks for all the info shared here and elsewhere.

i9 9900K
Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX
Sapphire RX580 8GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200
2x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe
Corsair SF750 SFX
Celsius S24 AIO
4x Noctua NF-A12x25 (2 for AIO)
Ncase M1 v6

Nice build! Would appreciate it if you could report your temperatures in the 9900k thread I set up here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/9900k-in-ncase-m1.11617/

Im struggling with cooling my 9900k.

MarceloSiciliano

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
My ncase M1 just passed customs in brazil, paid about $30 in taxes, which in Brazil its definitely not a lot, i was expecting $150 because it was what i paid on taxes for my Cerberus.

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
Was looking on dozens of sites and none of them knows when the rog itx will be available ?so I pulled the trigger the ordered the impact it’s only €40 more expensive than the strix and at least it will arrive next week for sure. Just need patience now.?

PandahNZ

Cable Smoosher
Aug 31, 2019
Got my flatmate to take me to depot to collect last night. £27.53 customs.

Did a rough build last night as room had very little decent light and I was getting annoyed, going to buy some custom shorter PSU cables and do a proper job of it. The EVGA 2080 Super XC Ultra wouldn't fit with any amount of 'gentle force' with 2x Noctua 25x15 fans in the bottom however it would go in with a single fan towards the back of the case.

Absolutely love the case and attention to detail, its one of those things that i KNEW it was small but until I picked up the box and then actually inboxed it it doesn't actually compute.
Hey man how did you get on with your build? You end up managing to get both fans under the GPU or just stick with the one? How did the temperatures turn out? Cheers!

Paradyme

Chassis Packer
Oct 10, 2019
I have the ROG C VIII Impact, Ok with 2 SSD and NH-C14S by Noctua, if you want information, tell me ;)

My M1 v6 is on the way and I'm still trying to work out the best X570 mobo for it - keen on the Crosshair Impact but will be using 2x 240mm rads for a custom loop (using the 92mm FrozenQ res)
I'd love to know:
a) does the height of the sound board interfere with bottom mounting for 120mm fans/rad - assuming total height is ~45mm (30mm rad + 15mm fan)?
b) if so, is there room closer to the side panel to drill new mount holes to avoid interference with mobo?
c) if not relocatable, could I squeeze in an ultra-slim rad (XSPC do a 21mm rad) for a total height of 36mm?
d) does the Sodimm/M.2 board interfere with the bottom of the side bracket for the second rad?

I read Necere's estimate that there would be room between the graphics card and side bracket but would like to confirm this.

Many thanks in advance!! Will be posting build log in 2-3 months for those interested.

Reactions: Sdedarally

IncredibleGonzo

Chassis Packer
Oct 3, 2019
My M1 v6 is on the way and I'm still trying to work out the best X570 mobo for it - keen on the Crosshair Impact but will be using 2x 240mm rads for a custom loop (using the 92mm FrozenQ res)
I'd love to know:
a) does the height of the sound board interfere with bottom mounting for 120mm fans/rad - assuming total height is ~45mm (30mm rad + 15mm fan)?
b) if so, is there room closer to the side panel to drill new mount holes to avoid interference with mobo?
c) if not relocatable, could I squeeze in an ultra-slim rad (XSPC do a 21mm rad) for a total height of 36mm?
d) does the Sodimm/M.2 board interfere with the bottom of the side bracket for the second rad?

I read Necere's estimate that there would be room between the graphics card and side bracket but would like to confirm this.

Many thanks in advance!! Will be posting build log in 2-3 months for those interested.
Not sure about b) or c), can check d) later... as for a) though, I don't think that would fit - a 25mm fan on it's own would just about fit, but is difficult to impossible to fit with the front panel audio cable connected. A 15mm on its own would probably be fine, but I think the 30mm rad would be a complete non-starter in an unmodded case with the sound card attached.

Paradyme

Chassis Packer
Oct 10, 2019
Not sure about b) or c), can check d) later... as for a) though, I don't think that would fit - a 25mm fan on it's own would just about fit, but is difficult to impossible to fit with the front panel audio cable connected. A 15mm on its own would probably be fine, but I think the 30mm rad would be a complete non-starter in an unmodded case with the sound card attached.
I'm pretty sure the front audio issue can be solved with a 90° connector for those who want to use 25mm fans (something like this https://www.technobotsonline.com/female-pcb-header-2x5-right-angle.html)

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
thank you @paulesko and @Korath for pictures

maybe i will remove one bracket too ... the front has a small gap where the top cover is, but only on the left side, so i assumed it's the ssd-pack

Last night I took the case home to play a little with it, and ended up mounting the ssd this way, I think it´s the way @Necere want it to be done. Much better and cleaner. I changed a lot of other things and went to bed at 2.00 AM. I´m having a bad mornig lol. What a bad hobby being a sff enthusiast. ?

in order to do this, you have to mount one sdd to the bare front panel from the back, then mount the other ssd to the bracket, and finally the bracket to the front panel. Quite clever.

Reactions: Fire

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
Last night I took the case home to play a little with it, and ended up mounting the ssd this way, I think it´s the way @Necere want it to be done. Much better and cleaner. I changed a lot of other things and went to bed at 2.00 AM. I´m having a bad mornig lol. What a bad hobby being a sff enthusiast. ?

in order to do this, you have to mount one sdd to the bare front panel from the back, then mount the other ssd to the bracket, and finally the bracket to the front panel. Quite clever.
I'll try this after work and give feedback here later :)

Reactions: paulesko

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019

For those interested I found this person managed to fit an alphacool 240 rad with a couple of noctua fans on the impact. Seems to be no interference

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019

For those interested I found this person managed to fit an alphacool 240 rad with a couple of noctua fans on the impact. Seems to be no interference
i'm using the Alphacool Eisbaer LT240 with two Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM as intake pull too .... it fits easily! there i a lot of space left for other stuff ... like a big motherboard like the one u mentioned :)

b-stock

Efficiency Noob
Oct 8, 2019

Did you try mounting them both on the front-side of the panel, using the double-SSD bracket?