NCASE M1 V6 info

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
i just tried to mount 2 2,5" SSDs in the front, behind the front cover ... it seems that they are a little to high? am i right or should it work? do i need the optical drive bay when i want to mount 2 2,5" SSD in the front behind the cover? (i don't mean inside)

I removed the optical bay, used the included bracket to stack 2x 2.5 SSDs and then clipped into the front of the case using the bottom of one of the SSDs screw holes. Fits fine and leaves enough space between drives to get the power connectors in.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
I removed the optical bay, used the included bracket to stack 2x 2.5 SSDs and then clipped into the front of the case using the bottom of one of the SSDs screw holes. Fits fine and leaves enough space between drives to get the power connectors in.
cant u post a picture? i tried the same, but the drives are to far on the left side, so they seem to touch the front cover

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
It's the fastest ram available ( there are some corsair 32gb kits at 4100 but they cheat by upping the voltage to 1.4. The g.skill does 4000 at 1.35 ).
Reason for the 32GB kit is that I run a linux vm on my pc and need quite a lot of memory. Reason for 4000mhz is that I want to try to run the memory controller of the cpu at 2000mhz and the last thing I want is not being able to do it because of the memory.
The memory costs around 300USD in Europe.

This is OT but have you seen someone doing 2000 mhz on the infinity fabric? I say it because I haven´t and many chips can´t even make 1900, or in my case I can do 1900 on the infinity fabric, and 3800 on the memory but not both at the same time in 1:1 mode. And trust me, it´s not a matter of voltage, I´ve tried everything.

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
cant u post a picture? i tried the same, but the drives are to far on the left side, so they seem to touch the front cover

I'm at work at the moment but if someone else hasn't stepped in by the time I get home (7 ish hours) I'll post :)

Reactions: Fire

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I have it that way, it seems that the front panel doesn´t close very well, I was thinking on machining a bit of one of the brackets because is not the ssd itself what causes this, it´s the bracket.

Reactions: Mocoso and Fire

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
Ah I only used a bracket on the right side so potentially they are pushing together slightly on the left side when I push the front on. I'll have to have a look tonight

Reactions: Fire

IncredibleGonzo

Chassis Packer
Oct 3, 2019
I notice in this image of the v5 screws, it doesn't seem to have the M4 screws listed in the manual - I take it these are an addition with the v6? If the screw sets being included are the v5 version, what are people using for attaching the GPU support bracket to the case?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Ah I only used a bracket on the right side so potentially they are pushing together slightly on the left side when I push the front on. I'll have to have a look tonight

That´s not bad idea, althogh there may be some flex on the upper ssd

VincentZ

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 9, 2019
I think I will be the last one to receive my case : (
Have you received your case yet? I'm in Beijing. My status is just the same as yours. But I managed to find this link http://yjcx.ems.com.cn/qps/yjcx It says the package is at the custom since 09.30. Havn't got any update since then....

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
This is OT but have you seen someone doing 2000 mhz on the infinity fabric? I say it because I haven´t and many chips can´t even make 1900, or in my case I can do 1900 on the infinity fabric, and 3800 on the memory but not both at the same time in 1:1 mode. And trust me, it´s not a matter of voltage, I´ve tried everything.
Nope, but I haven't actively searched for it. What I did read was that the 3950x was ultra binned, so higher chance of overclocking better.
We will only know for sure when the first 3950x's are out.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
thank you @paulesko and @Korath for pictures

maybe i will remove one bracket too ... the front has a small gap where the top cover is, but only on the left side, so i assumed it's the ssd-pack

IncredibleGonzo

Chassis Packer
Oct 3, 2019
I have it that way, it seems that the front panel doesn´t close very well, I was thinking on machining a bit of one of the brackets because is not the ssd itself what causes this, it´s the bracket.

Have you tried it with the optical drive bracket? That seems to be the recommended mounting for inside the front panel now (not sure if it fits well with two drives or not though, this only shows it with one.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
No, I havent´tried it. To be honest I built it very fast on monday night because I use the pc for work and until the weekend I don´t want to touch it very much, but I will look into more possibilities, and try to mount them that way.

JoShmo

Cable Smoosher
Jul 30, 2019
Case delivered and build went fine. Feels so solid once completed. Had to move the default power intake as it was fouling the AIO, but other than that it was plain sailing after all the research and planning I'd done - thanks for all the info shared here and elsewhere.

i9 9900K
Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX
Sapphire RX580 8GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200
2x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe
Corsair SF750 SFX
Celsius S24 AIO
4x Noctua NF-A12x25 (2 for AIO)
Ncase M1 v6

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
i just tried to mount 2 2,5" SSDs in the front, behind the front cover ... it seems that they are a little to high? am i right or should it work? do i need the optical drive bay when i want to mount 2 2,5" SSD in the front behind the cover? (i don't mean inside)

That set of mounting holes is intended for mounting the drives on the inside-front. For the outside-front, attach the drives to the ODD bracket first, then install the ODD bracket in its stock location at the front.

Reactions: paulesko

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I notice in this image of the v5 screws, it doesn't seem to have the M4 screws listed in the manual - I take it these are an addition with the v6? If the screw sets being included are the v5 version, what are people using for attaching the GPU support bracket to the case?
The M4 screws are a new addition for V6 that were included, but the rest of the screw set seems to use the loadout for V5.

b-stock

Efficiency Noob
Oct 8, 2019
For the outside-front, attach the drives to the ODD bracket first

Do you happen to have a photo or diagram of how the 2.5" drives are attached to the ODD bracket? I'm having a hard time picturing how that works.

EDIT: I see "Alternate mounting for 2.5" drive" in the ODD section of the User Manual, but it's not clear to me where the how the screws attach the drive(s) to the plate. If they are screwed through the four holes on the face of the ODD plate, won't the screw heads interfere with the flat front panel of the chassis?

EDIT2: I see now that the screw holes are chamfered on the back side of the ODD plate. You thought of everything! This will be a drastic improvement to my current SSD mounting solution (dangling loose from a SATA cable).

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

hendo9

Cable Smoosher
Sep 21, 2019
Case delivered and build went fine. Feels so solid once completed. Had to move the default power intake as it was fouling the AIO, but other than that it was plain sailing after all the research and planning I'd done - thanks for all the info shared here and elsewhere.

Very nice. What graphics card have you got in there?

Reactions: Rolling9Deep