NCASE M1 V6 info

hendo9

Cable Smoosher
Sep 21, 2019
Newbie here, just wanted to ask if i can install a single 3.5 hdd beneath the gpu?
I believe that the HDD mounts under the gpu have been removed for v6 on the basis that they weren't frequently used and the HDDs get cooked by the heat from the gpu. The manual (link in first post) shows where HDDs/SSDs can be mounted.

Reactions: victorysaber

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2019
Yet to open my package up, I'm wondering if my panel will be chipped now. Hope not.

I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure SFFLab will send out a perfect panel to you if it is chipped. and you can just swap it when you receive the replacement.

oh, my shipping has updated.... another charges raised.....

Reactions: SpencerUk

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
I know you are just excited but let the RMA process takes place. I'm sure they will have a solution for you. I know it sucks but it also happen on other components.
Right now SFFLab just has plans to stock M1 panel kits (front/top/sides) and ODD top panels. Other panels will not be available to purchase individually.

In your case, since it appears it arrived damaged, SFFLab will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you. You could also try filling the chip with a black permanent marker, but based on the size and location you probably wouldn't have satisfactory results.

Alright, will let SFFlab do their thing. I’ll keep you guys updated on what happens and then hopefully on the entire build!

turke

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
I believe that the HDD mounts under the gpu have been removed for v6 on the basis that they weren't frequently used and the HDDs get cooked by the heat from the gpu. The manual (link in first post) shows where HDDs/SSDs can be mounted.
That said, if theres space, theres absolutely nothing stopping you from putting one there loose.

Reactions: victorysaber

victorysaber

Cable Smoosher
Oct 2, 2019
Thank you for the advise..
Got my case yesterday..
But still waiting for the availability of the asus x570 i gaming..

turke

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure SFFLab will send out a perfect panel to you if it is chipped. and you can just swap it when you receive the replacement.

Mine has finally been released

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Mine updated to at depot today and charges need to be paid. Rather than wait a million years for the snail mail I called Parcel Force and paid the charge, so hopefully mine will be here tomorrow. I had to pay £32.50 the same as some others but not the same as the lucky people who only had to pay £26 something. I dont get the difference here, sounds like the customs people are just making it up. Out of interest the people who have paid their customs value did you have the more expensive shipping? I opted for the cheapest available and my customs charge was £32.50. Wonder if the people who are paying less for customs are on the more expensive postage? I mean the ~£7 isnt enough to cry about, I'm simply interested.

Turbopenguin

Efficiency Noob
Sep 25, 2019
It's done! It works! It looks beautiful! No machining flaws to my naked eye.

It was my first build ever, so just stoked it turned on. I'm sure there are folks here that could seriously improve my cable management, but I did the best I could (and yay for closed side panels!)

Parts list here.

Build album and final product here (although to be honest I was too stressed to take pictures through most of the process.)

My one issue: This one is weird. When I plug the USB dongle for a wireless mouse into either of the front USB ports, the mouse works for about 2 seconds and then the cursor stops moving. This is true for both front ports. The USB dongle works fine in the back ports. The front ports do work, which is the weird part. I'm able to charge my phone through them, for instance. Any thoughts? I'd really like all of my rear-facing USB ports for other cables.

Special shout out to @Qrash. He was super patient and clutch as a resource for a first time builder jumping in on the deep end with an M1!

Looks great! What keyboard is that?

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018

Revised charges? Yeah I got that too.

If its chipped, its chipped, as you say, just a case of arranging an replacement. The whole process has been substancially smoother than the farce with the Ghost Case I had.

Thank you for the advise..
Got my case yesterday..
But still waiting for the availability of the asus x570 i gaming..

Not going the crosshair?

Mine updated to at depot today and charges need to be paid. Rather than wait a million years for the snail mail I called Parcel Force and paid the charge, so hopefully mine will be here tomorrow. I had to pay £32.50 the same as some others but not the same as the lucky people who only had to pay £26 something. I dont get the difference here, sounds like the customs people are just making it up. Out of interest the people who have paid their customs value did you have the more expensive shipping? I opted for the cheapest available and my customs charge was £32.50. Wonder if the people who are paying less for customs are on the more expensive postage? I mean the ~£7 isnt enough to cry about, I'm simply interested.

Out of interest, where is it shipping to in the UK, up north? I'm wondering its something to do with geographical location.
I got mine revised too.

SuperShires

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Mine was the cheapest delivery option and the charge was £25.67, I think it was £13.67 tax and £12 flat rate for handling.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
I picked mine up at the depot so maybe it's a delivery charge??‍♂️
I also chose cheapest delivery option.

Kaiede

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2019
New baby is finished! Not sure about the fan orientation though.

Like another poster on this page, I put the second 92mm fan on the case itself to try to get better exhaust performance.

Right now I’ve got it tuned as well as I think I can get with my setup: high 60s on a 3600, and maxing out at 75C on the 2080 GPU. And the fan noise isn’t too bad at full GPU load.

It is warmer than the Node 304 I came from though. 6C warmer on the GPU, and 7C warmer on the CPU. But much better footprint, and same noise level.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
New baby is finished! Not sure about the fan orientation though.

If the side fan is an intake then the CPU heatsink fans should be blowing air towards the rear of the case.

Fans usually have arrows on one side to show the direction the fans rotate and of the airflow. The arrows are stamped into the frame and can be small or hard to see. If the arrows are missing, the ariflow is usually towards the side that has the motor struts. This is usually the same side that has the fan manufacturer's label on the motor.

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Mine was the cheapest delivery option and the charge was £25.67, I think it was £13.67 tax and £12 flat rate for handling.
Thanks for the info. I guess the tax must be different, as the guy on the phone said it was also a £12 flat rate for handling. Odd that the tax would be different. I have not got mine yet to see what the tax is. I'm in Dorset, not sure if that makes any difference at all.

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
Revised charges? Yeah I got that too.

If its chipped, its chipped, as you say, just a case of arranging an replacement. The whole process has been substancially smoother than the farce with the Ghost Case I had.

Not going the crosshair?

Out of interest, where is it shipping to in the UK, up north? I'm wondering its something to do with geographical location.
I got mine revised too.

I'm northeast scotland and mine was £25.67 so dont think its geographical

• Haha