NCASE M1 V6 info

SuperShires

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
In exactly the same position as you guys. I've had a good look through and it should just be VAT plus the parcelforce charge of either £8 or £13.50 at most, if I've done my homework correctly should be just over £50. ?
Yeah I saw most people in the UK paid about £30 for import tax on their M1's so I'm expecting about £40 but tbh I'll pay what ever, I just want my case haha.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
I mean, if you know that its there its not exactly impossible to see. I get that it's pretty hard to spot but I mean I wouldn't expect this on a case that costs over $200 you know? I'll be happy regardless but if @Necere turns round and says they will send a replacement plate I'm not gonna say no haha.

I would think giving the option to have laser cut i/o sent to first adopters who want them in exchange for the defective i/o face plates would be a better option than denying it isn't defective along the edge. That seems like better customer service.

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Yes, I really do hope it isnt noticable, with import charges and shipping this case is closing in on 400$ CAD, that's about double what a really premium case would cost I got the evolv shift for 140$ cad and it's a really premium case (in terms of quality). So I do have the expectation that this case is really really premium.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I mean, if you know that its there its not exactly impossible to see. I get that it's pretty hard to spot but I mean I wouldn't expect this on a case that costs over $200 you know? I'll be happy regardless but if @Necere turns round and says they will send a replacement plate I'm not gonna say no haha.
I would think giving the option to have laser cut i/o sent to first adopters who want them in exchange for the defective i/o face plates would be a better option than denying it isn't defective along the edge. That seems like better customer service.
Yes, I really do hope it isnt noticable, with import charges and shipping this case is closing in on 400$ CAD, that's about double what a really premium case would cost I got the evolv shift for 140$ cad and it's a really premium case (in terms of quality). So I do have the expectation that this case is really really premium.
There's going to be some variation between cases, and it's likely that most people won't notice or be bothered by it - M1 V5 and earlier had an NCT'd front I/O bracket and no one took issue with it. I think part of it is just being the latest version people are scrutinizing it a little more closely.

Here are a couple of other examples of M1 V6s to compare. This one posted on Reddit earlier:

And this one in the possession of a certain Youtuber:

You can always find faults if you go looking for them, but generally it's not likely to be noticeable beyond a couple feet with the case sat on a desk.

In any event, if you receive the case and are truly not satisfied with some part of it, you can contact SFFLab to see about getting a replacement part sent to you. We typically ask for a picture that shows the exact issue, and then evaluate it on a case-by-case basis.

Callthemandem

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2019
I take a photo of that ^^
But honestly it's nothing and barely visible to the naked eye

This case is Beautifull ! Many thx Necere ^^

My case just arrived I knew it was going to be good but it’s amazing. Mine also has the same little notches but you can barely see them I’m so happy to finally own this case hahaha! This will be my first SFF build its going to be a crazy upgrade from my cooler master k380/fx6300/r270 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Titchiboi

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2019
My case just arrived I knew it was going to be good but it’s amazing. Mine also has the same little notches but you can barely see them I’m so happy to finally own this case hahaha! This will be my first SFF build its going to be a crazy upgrade from my cooler master k380/fx6300/r270 ?

which country?

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
You can always find faults if you go looking for them, but generally it's not likely to be noticeable beyond a couple feet with the case sat on a desk.
Frankly, I'm surprised you're trying to sweep it under the carpet. Not to be a jerk, but it seems that we paid so much money for not quite the case we were supposed to get, according to your own words. Not very happy about that, either.

That said, if Lian Li were clearly told about laser-cutting the I/O plate, yet didn't do as requested, wouldn't that mean the redress of grievances is on them? By the way, how come the first batch is being shipped simultaneously with the September one?

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
In any event, if you receive the case and are truly not satisfied with some part of it, you can contact SFFLab to see about getting a replacement part sent to you. We typically ask for a picture that shows the exact issue, and then evaluate it on a case-by-case basis.
Personally, I am satisfied by this reply. I will see how I feel about it when I see it. It will probably be fine.

But I would also point out: what are you going to do? Say to Lian Li : "it is fine, it is not that visible, keep doing that, it does not matter, nothing is perfect" or "do laser cuts as I asked before".
I think that relate with how we feel.

Callthemandem

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2019
Frankly, I'm surprised you're trying to sweep it under the carpet. Not to be a jerk, but it seems that we paid so much money for not quite the case we were supposed to get, according to your own words. Not very happy about that, either.

That said, if Lian Li were clearly told about laser-cutting the I/O plate, yet didn't do as requested, wouldn't that mean the redress of grievances is on them? By the way, how come the first batch is being shipped simultaneously with the September one?
Once you feel the overall quality of this case I don’t think a little bump in the io plate will matter it certainly doesn’t for me