NCASE M1 V6 info

goncalo532

Efficiency Noob
Sep 8, 2019
Yea it should be in the back, if you check the storage section you can see they are on top of each other but one is in the back and one is up front! Do you think there would be space between the motherboard and the ncase for the "Explomos M.2 Key NGFF to PCI-E 4X Adapter Card"?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Yea it should be in the back, if you check the storage section you can see they are on top of each other but one is in the back and one is up front! Do you think there would be space between the motherboard and the ncase for the "Explomos M.2 Key NGFF to PCI-E 4X Adapter Card"?

No, it's too tall. A PCI-E slot alone is 11.1 mm tall. I measured the gap between the inside of the M1 side panel and the bottom of my motherboard to be only 6.8 mm.

goncalo532

Efficiency Noob
Sep 8, 2019
No, it's too tall. A PCI-E slot alone is 11.1 mm tall. I measured the gap between the inside of the M1 side panel and the bottom of my motherboard to be only 6.8 mm.

Thank you ! I found a m.2 m key to pcie x16 riser cable that should work!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Awesome update on the V6!
I currently have a V5 and I am wondering how much of it is compatible with V6 parts?
I'm assuming only the front panel IO?
The following parts from V6 are compatible with older versions:
  • Exterior panels
  • Front I/O bracket w/ports
  • Side fan bracket
  • 3.5"/2.5" and ODD drive brackets
  • Motherboard tray

turke

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
Looks like the shipping date is the 27th of September at the latest currently according to the website.

"Orders placed by September 22nd are shipped by September 27th "

Why hasn't anyone been made aware of this via email? Disappointing from SFFLab, again.

Last edited:

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019
There are 2 statements actually.

1) "Orders placed by September 22nd are shipped by September 27th" - i presume for new orders

2) "M1V6 orders made before September 15th 23:59 PST are on schedule to ship from September 20th to 25th. Tracking numbers will be sent around September 27th. " - so it should start shipping over the next week, but tracking numbers will come later

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Humm I was thinking of using http://www.adt.link/product/R43_STX.html, they have some with angles I assume the thickness to be lower than 6mm. what do you think?

Those look like they will fit. I like that the power connector is on the PCI-E slot portion.

I couldn't find any specifications for the dimensions of the M.2 portion, but based on the 3D PDF file I looked at I think it is less than 6 mm thick. However, remember the M.2 connector on the rear of the motherboard will be 2 or 3 mm closer to the M1 side panel so there's only 3 mm or so left for this. Still, it looks really thin.

Be careful to order the R or L (right or left) version depending on the orientation of the rear M.2 connector on your motherboard and how the PCI-E cable will pass around the edge of the motherboard. Good luck!

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Those look like they will fit. I like that the power connector is on the PCI-E slot portion.

I couldn't find any specifications for the dimensions of the M.2 portion, but based on the 3D PDF file I looked at I think it is less than 6 mm thick. However, remember the M.2 connector on the rear of the motherboard will be 2 or 3 mm closer to the M1 side panel so there's only 3 mm or so left for this. Still, it looks really thin.

Be careful to order the R or L (right or left) version depending on the orientation of the rear M.2 connector on your motherboard and how the PCI-E cable will pass around the edge of the motherboard. Good luck!

Actually, be very careful if you order one of these. I went back to the site to see if a Left or Right version is needed and of the two 2280 versions (R43UR and R43UL), I don't think either one will work. Both will have the ribbon cable connected to the PCI-E slot extending into the middle of the motherboard instead of towards the nearest edge. Instead, you might need one of the shorter versions (R43MR and R43ML), but I'm not sure if those have the necessary M.2 key slot. Even if they do, the PCI-E slot may be further from the rear of the case that you want, but that's hard to tell from looking at the renders and the illustrations in the motherboard manual. Be careful!

goncalo532

Efficiency Noob
Sep 8, 2019
Actually, be very careful if you order one of these. I went back to the site to see if a Left or Right version is needed and of the two 2280 versions (R43UR and R43UL), I don't think either one will work. Both will have the ribbon cable connected to the PCI-E slot extending into the middle of the motherboard instead of towards the nearest edge. Instead, you might need one of the shorter versions (R43MR and R43ML), but I'm not sure if those have the necessary M.2 key slot. Even if they do, the PCI-E slot may be further from the rear of the case that you want, but that's hard to tell from looking at the renders and the illustrations in the motherboard manual. Be careful!

Yes I noticed Qrash thank you for the heads up, I emailed them to see if they would do the right direction with the bigger size m.2 card as they have the right configuration but with the smaller one. The r43ML has the perfect direction just small size. On a side note I had emailed them to see if they would work with pcie 4.0 speeds and he said they were only rated for pcie 3.0 but I have seen some people get higher speeds with other riser cables even using only 3.0 rated.
Cheers

Last edited: