NCASE M1 V6 info

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
I was waiting for the Asus itx or dtx but gave up. Gone with the Gigabyte x570 itx now, no complaints yet. They released the AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA bios very quickly

Moondragon

Cable Smoosher
Jul 15, 2019
Is there anyone else here who’s waiting for the itx mobo from asus?

Yes, I‘m still waiting for the ASUS ITX board. I‘m waiting for multiple things at the moment so I don’t feel the pressure yet. I plan on starting my build around early to mid october.

I could theoretically go with the Gigabyte board instead but I don’t like how the I/O looks on that. Also the ASUS one has more USB ports.

Tjall

Case Bender
Sep 17, 2019
Hi, I'm new to the SFF scene and wanted to just double check that Im not screwing up here. my plan is to buy the Gigabyte 2070 super Gaming OC, with the measurements of L=286.5 W=114.5 H=50.2 mm. Thats going to fit, but i'm going to have to remove the front IO right?
And as a second question there, 15MM Noctua nf-f12s are going to fit underneath?

Cant wait for the M1 to arrive, it has to be the most beautiful PC case I'v ever seen!
by the way Komplett.no has the Strix board as incoming the 27.09. so I would assume that would be the date for larger parts of Europe.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Is there anyone else here who’s waiting for the itx mobo from asus? Any idea when they should be available for purchase? Been checking on all the possible websites across Europe still nothing.
Got all the components ready, getting really impatient now
Available in the Netherlands for 320 euro's while the Aorus x570 itx is 250...
I went with the b450i but none of the biosupdates resulted in fixing the bios bootloop for my 3700x... So another b450i and even de x470i are coming in tomorrow, since I already tried another 3700x. All works fine for the amd bootkit cpu so I guess it's not the trident z Neo.
All in all I would go for either the Asus b450 or x470 itx (but in my case the bios compatible issues are very frustrating) or the Aorus.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Hi, I'm new to the SFF scene and wanted to just double check that Im not screwing up here. my plan is to buy the Gigabyte 2070 super Gaming OC, with the measurements of L=286.5 W=114.5 H=50.2 mm. Thats going to fit, but i'm going to have to remove the front IO right?
And as a second question there, 15MM Noctua nf-f12s are going to fit underneath?

Cant wait for the M1 to arrive, it has to be the most beautiful PC case I'v ever seen!
by the way Komplett.no has the Strix board as incoming the 27.09. so I would assume that would be the date for larger parts of Europe.

Yes, based on the v6 renders that Necere has released, you are correct. A graphics card that thick and that long will require removal of the Front I/O and will only allow thin fans like the 15 mm Noctuas to fit underneath.

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
I found some sites that started adding the x570-i for preorder. The release date on all of them is 23.09. Prices fluctuate between €315 and €340 (different countries so different taxes applied).

Quite high as a price. If it will be like this I might as well go with the impact at €439.

Deekay

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 17, 2019
I would like to know what the specification requirements for water cooling radiator for v6 are, especially in terms of length and height.I tried to find specific specifications but failed, thanks!

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
I was initially planning to do a custom loop in my M1, and in my research I found that post :

Which I find useful for a basis about what fits.

Edit : for the radiator itself, Sfflab already gives quite a lot of information :

• 1x 240 radiator or up to 2x 120 radiators are supported on the side fan bracket
  • Radiators less than 35mm thick are recommended

Last edited:

Tjall

Case Bender
Sep 17, 2019
Yes, based on the v6 renders that Necere has released, you are correct. A graphics card that thick and that long will require removal of the Front I/O and will only allow thin fans like the 15 mm Noctuas to fit underneath.
Thank you!

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
I was also curious if Necere would get a chance to see what was "massively product". But I guess that was the point of the pre-production runs :)

goncalo532

Efficiency Noob
Sep 8, 2019
Hello, I wanted to put a m.2 m key to PCIex4 adaptor on the m.2 slot something like this () on the back of the asus x570 i gaming and then run a riser cable to an HBA to get more drives using the unused m.2 slot. My question is do we have much space behind the motherboard in between it and the case wall? Also would the HBA be able to occupy a slot on the case along with the evga rtx 2060 super xc gaming gpu? I also wanted to put some Noctuas A12x25 down there so might get too cramped?

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
Hello, I wanted to put a m.2 m key to PCIex4 adaptor on the m.2 slot something like this () on the back of the asus x570 i gaming and then run a riser cable to an HBA to get more drives using the unused m.2 slot. My question is do we have much space behind the motherboard in between it and the case wall? Also would the HBA be able to occupy a slot on the case along with the evga rtx 2060 super xc gaming gpu? I also wanted to put some Noctuas A12x25 down there so might get too cramped?
The board you mentioned has both m.2 slots in the front

Phoenix_ZA

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 19, 2019
Awesome update on the V6!
I currently have a V5 and I am wondering how much of it is compatible with V6 parts?
I'm assuming only the front panel IO?

Warside

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2019
Hello, I wanted to put a m.2 m key to PCIex4 adaptor on the m.2 slot something like this () on the back of the asus x570 i gaming and then run a riser cable to an HBA to get more drives using the unused m.2 slot. My question is do we have much space behind the motherboard in between it and the case wall?

No.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Looks like the shipping date is the 27th of September at the latest currently according to the website.

"Orders placed by September 22nd are shipped by September 27th "

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
Looks like the shipping date is the 27th of September at the latest currently according to the website.

"Orders placed by September 22nd are shipped by September 27th "

Shipping slipped by a week which is a shame, built my new build this week and currently running on cardboard™ until it arrives :p

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2019
There is a comment on the website.

"M1V6 orders made before September 15th 23:59 PST are on schedule to ship from September 20th to 25th. Tracking numbers will be sent around September 27th."

sounds a lot like orders before 15th will ship on 27th..... which was the previous date if I remember correctly?

anyways, it seems like the dates etc are a little flexible but should be in the next week / 10 days. just hope it gets here before my holidays on the 11th October....

also falls in line with when EK are going to be releasing the fluid gaming 240g bundle for 5700.... there goes another £250....

Last edited: