NCASE M1 V6 info

sensensempompom

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks JaPeMo.
My inclusion of the word "Super" caused a curfuffle, couldn't help but request a final confirmation.
Brushed my hair, i'll see myself to the fan stacking thread.

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019
Regarding the new inside-front mounting for SFX PSU, how does it work now?
Do I need an ATX to SFX adaptor plate/mount?
How would the sfx power supply mount? as in does the psu now attaches to the front panel? or to the top rails?
And how much clearance is there around the psu? can I fit a 120 slim fan on the Integrated fan bracket mount as well as the sfx psu in this orientation?
@Necere do you have a render or image of the new mounting system?
Thanks in Advance

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Regarding the new inside-front mounting for SFX PSU, how does it work now?
Do I need an ATX to SFX adaptor plate/mount?
How would the sfx power supply mount? as in does the psu now attaches to the front panel? or to the top rails?
And how much clearance is there around the psu? can I fit a 120 slim fan on the Integrated fan bracket mount as well as the sfx psu in this orientation?
@Necere do you have a render or image of the new mounting system?
Thanks in Advance
The SFX bracket can either be mounted to the right side or the front:

There's not enough space for a fan (slim or otherwise) between the PSU and the fan bracket when mounted in the front.

egementncr

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
Hi,
I have already ordered v6 but I just seen some people on Reddit are having compatibility issues with Gigabyte X570 I and some custom CPU air coolers because Gigabyte socket is a bit higher than normal. SFFLab says CPU Heatsinks must not extend past the top edge of the motherboard by more than 10mm. So, does that motherboard and AMD wraith prism together fit in v6? Thanks. @Necere

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019
Nice, thanks for the image and clarification.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Hi,
I have already ordered v6 but I just seen some people on Reddit are having compatibility issues with Gigabyte X570 I and some custom CPU air coolers because Gigabyte socket is a bit higher than normal. SFFLab says CPU Heatsinks must not extend past the top edge of the motherboard by more than 10mm. So, does that motherboard and AMD wraith prism together fit in v6? Thanks. @Necere

I downloaded a high-resolution image of the Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI and then compared the CPU socket location to the Mini ITX motherboard specification and determined that the center of the CPU socket is 59 mm from the edge of the motherboard that will be highest when mounted in the M1. Adding the M1's 10 mm limit gives 69 mm and doubling this total is 138 mm. So, a CPU air cooler that is less than 138 mm wide and is symmetric about the center of the CPU socket should just fit in the M1.

Note, the distance from the center of the CPU cooler to the closest edge of the X570 chipset and M.2 cooler is only 58 mm so a symmetric CPU heatsink that is wider than 116 mm will partially overlap the chipset cooler's fan. The heatsink fins will be several centimeters above the motherboard (to clear RAM modules) so there should still be room for the chipset fan to breathe, though I don't know the fan's height above the motherboard.

egementncr

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
I downloaded a high-resolution image of the Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI and then compared the CPU socket location to the Mini ITX motherboard specification and determined that the center of the CPU socket is 59 mm from the edge of the motherboard that will be highest when mounted in the M1. Adding the M1's 10 mm limit gives 69 mm and doubling this total is 138 mm. So, a CPU air cooler that is less than 138 mm wide and is symmetric about the center of the CPU socket should just fit in the M1.

Note, the distance from the center of the CPU cooler to the closest edge of the X570 chipset and M.2 cooler is only 58 mm so a symmetric CPU heatsink that is wider than 116 mm will partially overlap the chipset cooler's fan. The heatsink fins will be several centimeters above the motherboard (to clear RAM modules) so there should still be room for the chipset fan to breathe, though I don't know the fan's height above the motherboard.

Thank you for your detailed answer! It must fit then. Although I couldn't find exact data sheet about sizes, I found an video which gave measurements roughly :

Pulstura

Efficiency Noob
Aug 12, 2017
Will the front I/O Kit come with all new cables? - Including the USB 3 cable.
My USB3 cable is broken and I can't seem to source a new one :(

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will the front I/O Kit come with all new cables? - Including the USB 3 cable.
My USB3 cable is broken and I can't seem to source a new one :(
The bracket and cables are all new for V6, with no compatibility with the old bracket/cables. The new bracket and cables are backward compatible with previous versions of the case, however.

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
Is there anyone else here who’s waiting for the itx mobo from asus? Any idea when they should be available for purchase? Been checking on all the possible websites across Europe still nothing.
Got all the components ready, getting really impatient now

Feyes

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 20, 2019
Is there anyone else here who’s waiting for the itx mobo from asus? Any idea when they should be available for purchase? Been checking on all the possible websites across Europe still nothing.

I was waiting but they said something around October and I said nope, that's too long of a wait and went with the Aorus. No regrets as of yet. BIOS updates coming in quick too.

MrFlamey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 18, 2019

Yeah, I'm holding out to see what the prices are like and how well they fit with various components (due to large heatsinks etc.) before deciding on which board to get. x570 prices are a bit on the high side, so I wanna get the right board. There have been a couple of youtube vids (no reviews yet) about the dtx board, so I guess some people are able to get them, but maybe they received review samples from Asus.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Europe or Germany, I forget which one, is starting to slowly sell the Asus DTX boards. No strix boards have been released yet. No word on pricing for either board in the US at this time. Estimated time of release in the US is optimistically late September to mid October.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Europe or Germany, I forget which one, is starting to slowly sell the Asus DTX boards. No strix boards have been released yet. No word on pricing for either board in the US at this time. Estimated time of release in the US is optimistically late September to mid October.
Europe or Germany? That's like saying the United States or California..

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Europe or Germany? That's like saying the United States or California..

I couldn't remember if it was just released in Germany first, or if it was released throughout Europe. I know my geography and distribution patterns do discriminate, geographically. ha