NCASE M1 V6 info

remig

Efficiency Noob
Aug 21, 2019
Delivery isn't going to be the 20th from what I remember. I believe the 20th is around when deliveries is expected to start happening. Just depends on how long the cases take to get through customs.

God, is it that complicated to go on the website ? It is written very visibly :
Orders placed by September 15th are shipped by September 20th
Fulfilled by SFFLAB and ships from Taiwan

Reactions: rfarmer

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Ok yes,sorry my poor use of english. I meant that 20th of september the case is sent. Then we have to wait the shipment and then customs.

sensensempompom

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2019
Hello!
This is my first pc build, excited and a little nervous.
Below is what i’m planning on filling my V6 with, i’m open to any opinions or recommendations.

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S with 2x NF-A9’s, NT-H1 thermal compound
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING OC
Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC
Power: Corsair SF750, 80+ Platinum, Fully Modular Power Supply
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus - 500GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD and
860 EVO 2.5" SATA III 1TB SSD
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM
Fans: 3x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM’s
Case: NCASE M1 V6 Black

Last edited:

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Hello!
Below is what i’m planning on filling my V6 with, i’m open to any opinions or recommendations.

GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super GAMING OC

Take note of the limits published on the SFFLab M1 website in the graphics card compatibility section:

Cards over 2.2 slots (45mm):
  • Length: 280mm (with front I/O ports), 290mm (with front I/O ports removed).
  • Height: 130mm, 125mm at front corner (if over 280mm long)
The Gigabyte card you listed has dimensions of L=286.5 W=114.5 H=50.2 mm. So its height (or thickness) is more than 45 mm. This means its length is longer than the limit with the Front I/O installed. If you remove the Front I/O it should fit, though getting a long card installed can be a bit tricky.

@Necere published some renders, which might show that your card may just fit, though it could be tight against the Front I/O cables. I'm not sure. Maybe he can respond to this post and offer an opinion.

Reactions: sensensempompom

sensensempompom

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2019
Take note of the limits published on the SFFLab M1 website in the graphics card compatibility section:

The Gigabyte card you listed has dimensions of L=286.5 W=114.5 H=50.2 mm. So its height (or thickness) is more than 45 mm. This means its length is longer than the limit with the Front I/O installed. If you remove the Front I/O it should fit, though getting a long card installed can be a bit tricky.

@Necere published some renders, which might show that your card may just fit, though it could be tight against the Front I/O cables. I'm not sure. Maybe he can respond to this post and offer an opinion.

Thank you Qrash,

I'm considering removing the stock fans and shroud and cooling it with two Noctua NF-A12x25’s, i’m wondering if that might allow me to keep the front I/O in place.

Last edited:

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
God, is it that complicated to go on the website ? It is written very visibly :
Take it easy man. People miss things or read things differently all the time. There wasn't any malice intent in his question so there shouldn't be in the response.

I've been in this thread long enough to see multiple questions asked many multiple times. Just help out and move on.

Ok yes,sorry my poor use of english. I meant that 20th of september the case is sent. Then we have to wait the shipment and then customs.

No need to apologize. It is all good. You are correct. Shipment is expected on the 20th, but you never know what can happen. It may get delayed past the 20th. It's just part of the waiting process when ordering stuff from overseas.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019

Is the front i/o bigger than before? Because bigger cards fitted before when you look at other builds. It is just harder to put in.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Hello!

I think you mean 2 12x25 fans on the bottom? Don't go over 42 mm in thickness. Go for something like the gigabyte windforce oc or some other 2 slot card.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is the front i/o bigger than before? Because bigger cards fitted before when you look at other builds. It is just harder to put in.
The audio combo jack and USB C are slightly longer than the old ports. What bigger cards are you talking about that fit? Keep in mind that most cards last generation - even the larger ones - were only two slots thick, so they didn't run into issues with the front I/O. It's much more common in the current gen for cards to be 2.5+ slots.

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
Hello!

Im making a similar build as yours. Please note that the ASRock motherboard does not have headers to connect both the USB-C and the USB-A ports in the front of M1v6 at the same time. For this reason alone Im going with Gigabyte Aorus or ASUS Strix Z390 motherboards.

sensensempompom

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2019
I just caught my mistake, my apologies.
I’m looking at purchasing the GIGABYTE 2070 GAMING OC and not the Super Gaming OC,
L=280.35 W=116.45 H=40.24 mm
Would i still need to remove the i/o with a gpu height of 40.24 mm, my length is still over by .35 mm but seeing as how i’m under 45 mm, would i be good to go?

Otherwise, would doubling up on fans cause any problems, if i keep the stock gpu fans and the Noctua’s on bottom as exhaust. Could i still fit the 12x25’s and could i run them in such a way that they would complement the gpu fans in expelling air?

I think you mean 2 12x25 fans on the bottom? Don't go over 42 mm in thickness. Go for something like the gigabyte windforce oc or some other 2 slot card.
Yes, two fans on bottom, the third was for the side of case.

Im making a similar build as yours. Please note that the ASRock motherboard does not have headers to connect both the USB-C and the USB-A ports in the front of M1v6 at the same time. For this reason alone Im going with Gigabyte Aorus or ASUS Strix Z390 motherboards.
Yes, i had noted.
thanks for looking out.

Last edited:

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I’m looking at purchasing the GIGABYTE 2070 GAMING OC and not the Super Gaming OC,
Would i still need to remove the i/o with a gpu height of 40.24 mm, my length is still over by .35 mm but seeing as how i’m under 45 mm, would i be good to go?

With a height less than 45 mm, I think this card should fit fine according to the Compatibility limits stated on the SFFLab M1 webpage:

Cards 2.2 slots (45mm) or less:
  • Length: 317mm
  • Height: 140mm at mid-card, 130mm at rear corner, 125mm at front corner (if over 280mm long)

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
First time builder here, can't wait to build in the case! What is the distance between the back of motherboard and side panel? I am wondering if I could fit a m2 heatsink on the back of motherboard (https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-m-2-nvme-heatsink-nickel).

Please be sure to read the yellow "Read before you buy!" warning on that webpage. Many M.2 sockets on the back of a motherboard are less than 4.2 mm in height. For these lower M.2 connectors, the metal backplate of the EKWB heatsink will make contact with the motherboard and possibly cause an electrical short circuit.

bernard.xl

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 10, 2019
Please be sure to read the yellow "Read before you buy!" warning on that webpage. Many M.2 sockets on the back of a motherboard are less than 4.2 mm in height. For these lower M.2 connectors, the metal backplate of the EKWB heatsink will make contact with the motherboard and possibly cause an electrical short circuit.
Thanks for reminder, you saved my motherboard. I indeed never read the warning, and I thought all M.2 sockets are the same ?.

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019

Paulson

Case Bender
Aug 1, 2019
For my build I want a motherboard that has the 20 pin Type E header that will support the USB Type C on the front panel. I'm looking at the ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming. This board has substantial heat sinking. Will the NH-U9S fit if I add the second Noctua NF-A9 fan on it? I'm not afraid of a little Dremeling if need be... just curious. @Necere ?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
For my build I want a motherboard that has the 20 pin Type E header that will support the USB Type C on the front panel. I'm looking at the ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming. This board has substantial heat sinking. Will the NH-U9S fit if I add the second Noctua NF-A9 fan on it? I'm not afraid of a little Dremeling if need be... just curious. @Necere ?
On Noctua's site there's a note on the drawing that mentions you can move the fan up for more clearance:

I'm guessing with that adjustability it should clear any of the board heatsinks (which shouldn't be taller than the IO shield).

Either that or mount the fan at the back of the case.

Reactions: Paulson