NCASE M1 V6 info

DrunkenMercenary90

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
Fuck it, I've ordered the v6.

The only thing I'm really curious about still is if the ATX PSU bracket from my v5 can be used with the v6. I'm looking into using the Noctua NH-C14s, and to use the 140mm fan beneath the heatsink, I need to mount the corsair sf600 in ATX position.

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
Just ordered silver v6.

What's your preferred color? I always go for black when it comes to hardware, but for once I went with silver. Im not sure I made the right choice :)

Warside

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2019
Just ordered silver v6.

What's your preferred color? I always go for black when it comes to hardware, but for once I went with silver. Im not sure I made the right choice

I had 2 black Lianli cases in the past, but I ordered a silver ncase today.

Scratches are immediately visible on a black alu case!

Reactions: knewt

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
Nice man looks awesome!! I am considering the same GPU and just wanted to ask, what are your thoughts on getting a thicker GPU with slim fans on the bottom vs. a thinner GPU and thicker fans? Was there any review or info that lead to you choosing this GPU in general?

Would love to see some results once you get it built as it is very similar to what I have lined up!

Cheers

Airflow wise there isn't that much difference between the 15mm and 25mm Nocuta fans, just the 15mm are a bit louder when pushed but getting a thicker GPU means bigger heatsink which should work out better than smaller + slightly more air.

I normally go for Zotac cards as their customer service here in the UK is much better than all the others however their mid range cards (like the EVGA XC) are much bigger so can't, plus EVGA do their step up program so if the 2080 TI Super actually magically appears or the 2080tis drop in price a huge amount in the next 3 months I can pay the difference to upgrade.

Parts all get delivered next Saturday (except for case) but will post a build update once everything is together :)

Reactions: PandahNZ

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Fuck it, I've ordered the v6.

The only thing I'm really curious about still is if the ATX PSU bracket from my v5 can be used with the v6. I'm looking into using the Noctua NH-C14s, and to use the 140mm fan beneath the heatsink, I need to mount the corsair sf600 in ATX position.
You don't need to use the ATX bracket anymore, they added inside front mounting for the SFX PSU in v6.0.

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Sep 1, 2019
Just ordered silver v6.

What's your preferred color? I always go for black when it comes to hardware, but for once I went with silver. Im not sure I made the right choice

Yep, the last 3 cases I had were black (Corsair 600T, NZXT S340 Elite and currently the Metallic Gear Neo Mini) and I just ordered a Silver as well. Don't know how it's going to look with my setup (Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS, Logitech G502 Proteus, Bose Companion III, large mousepad, all black, even my desk is all black) but hey, I've been wanting this case since the last 2 years, almost go the Dan A4 way but I managed to restrain myself and finally was able to pull the trigger. If it is at least half as good as I'm expecting then I will be a really happy man.

Reactions: knewt

titan253

Cable Smoosher
Sep 3, 2019
If you get good Noctua fans like you already are, it'll be more quiet and most definitely won't leak. It's so rare for a leak to happen. It's not even worth considering. They sell an insane amount of AIOs and you never hear of any leaks. I've been running mine nearly 24/7 for over 4 years now. Never leaked or had problems.

But you're forgetting $ to performance ratio, normalized around 40dBa are lower temps really worth the diff in price? Given a c14S is ~$80 vs. an H100i Pro or x52 that land closer to $120-$130 (plus significantly more if you add two noctuas to the equation) you quite quickly make AIO's look less appealing, hence the popularity of air coolers and small cases that can accommodate them.

Sure, under extreme loads like P95 things start to get toasty, but i found that on my open air setup the C14s keeps around 50C under gaming loads which is plenty fine for my use case. Unfortunately since the Aorus board makes it incompatible with the c14s and M1 i'll be swapping to the EVGA CLC 240 since you can get it for $85 after rebate which is basically a wash over the c14s and i'll have to set the curves to mitigate pump and fan noise as best i can.

Reactions: rfarmer

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Are there some images to explain this further? Can't seem to fully understand what you mean
You don't need a bracket for mounting the psu sideways in order to make more room for the c14s with 140mm fan underneath the cooler. The v6 got mounting build-in for mounting the psu sideways. I don't know if there are pictures of it, but don't worry.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The only thing I'm really curious about still is if the ATX PSU bracket from my v5 can be used with the v6.
Yes it can, I've left the mounting holes for the ATX bracket in. As mentioned though, you will now be able to mount the SFX bracket directly to the inside-front of the chassis, obviating the need for the ATX bracket -> SFX adapter route for front mounting.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
But you're forgetting $ to performance ratio, normalized around 40dBa are lower temps really worth the diff in price? Given a c14S is ~$80 vs. an H100i Pro or x52 that land closer to $120-$130 (plus significantly more if you add two noctuas to the equation) you quite quickly make AIO's look less appealing, hence the popularity of air coolers and small cases that can accommodate them.

Sure, under extreme loads like P95 things start to get toasty, but i found that on my open air setup the C14s keeps around 50C under gaming loads which is plenty fine for my use case. Unfortunately since the Aorus board makes it incompatible with the c14s and M1 i'll be swapping to the EVGA CLC 240 since you can get it for $85 after rebate which is basically a wash over the c14s and i'll have to set the curves to mitigate pump and fan noise as best i can.

Another air cooler option for the Gigabyte X570i Aorus Pro WiFi is the recently released Thermalright Silver Arrow 130. Forum member jk47 confirmed it fits this motherboard in a post yesterday. Twin heatsink towers, large central fan, no RAM interference, and only 130 mm tall.

Reactions: rfarmer