NCASE M1 V6 info

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
Sorry if this was answered but I wasn't able to find it searching this forum/thread.

I preordered a V6 and I'm going to get custom cables that were fitted for the M1 V5. Will there be any issues with cross-compatibility?

Thanks!
I hope there is no problem, as I also ordered custom cables ?

I was told that the old position for the PSU is still possible, so I think there should be no problem. However, in principle it is now possible to have a new position for the PSU which would provide more space for CPU cooler (like a C14S with 140mm fan).
So, if we order v5 cable, it should work but that new position won't be possible. Ideally, shops like pslatecustoms will make a new option for that new mounting position. I guess that will happen once people start receiving the new case :)

Reactions: thecle

remig

Efficiency Noob
Aug 21, 2019
Everyone recommends optimum techs’ videos like we haven’t watched them 10 times over already

Well in this case I don't understand why you even come here and bother us with your questions... The guy has the same GPU you are planning to put in your PC and he did all the research and gives you the best solution... Also don't expect 10 degrees temp drops between an M1 V5 and a V6 for your GPU...

Honestly seeing your question I could only assume you hadn't seen that video, so hold your horses a bit, I was just trying to help you. If you start mocking people that try to help you when you ask questions, then don't be surprised if no one will want to help you next time...

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
@Callthemandem @remig
I suspect that the additional perforations on the v6 side panels will help exhaust more hot air from axial fan GPUs, and further delaying heat soak. If you have some sort of active exhaust on the side and/or rear, you could potentially get up to 10c of additional GPU cooling. Purely my speculation. I'll know more when my v6 arrives in September :)

Reactions: Callthemandem

Callthemandem

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2019
Well in this case I don't understand why you even come here and bother us with your questions... The guy has the same GPU you are planning to put in your PC and he did all the research and gives you the best solution... Also don't expect 10 degrees temp drops between an M1 V5 and a V6 for your GPU...

Honestly seeing your question I could only assume you hadn't seen that video, so hold your horses a bit, I was just trying to help you. If you start mocking people that try to help you when you ask questions, then don't be surprised if no one will want to help you next time...
It was more of a joke but okay

osff

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2019
I'm a little confused about the preorders. According to Necere's answer they are not yet open. By some chance I could order one, in the last weeks, the VISA card has already been charged. Will the order now be cancelled if the preorder is open soon? I don't want to order 2 pieces by accident if the regular preorder starts.
At least I'm looking forward to the case to build an AMD Linux system :)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I'm a little confused about the preorders. According to Necere's answer they are not yet open. By some chance I could order one, in the last weeks, the VISA card has already been charged. Will the order now be cancelled if the preorder is open soon? I don't want to order 2 pieces by accident if the regular preorder starts.
At least I'm looking forward to the case to build an AMD Linux system :)
We had one round of preorders opened last month, which sold out in about a week. We plan to open another round of preorders at the end of the month/beginning of September. There have also been a few preorder slots opening up sporadically due to cancellations. Either way, if you already got a preorder in, you're set and don't have to do anything. Your order will be in the first batch of cases scheduled to start shipping next month.

thecle

What's an ITX?
May 30, 2019
Yeah, unfortunately I only became aware that res was using the 80mm mounting holes when it was already too late to make changes to V6. Sorry if that ruins anyone's plans.

Sorry if this was already answered, but are the 92mm fan holes and water cooling tube ports in the same positions as before? If so a 92mm to 80mm bracket of some sort could be 3D printed? Was thinking getting one printed just for this.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Sorry if this was already answered, but are the 92mm fan holes and water cooling tube ports in the same positions as before? If so a 92mm to 80mm bracket of some sort could be 3D printed? Was thinking getting one printed just for this.
Yes.

Kaiede

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2019
Sorry if this was answered but I wasn't able to find it searching this forum/thread.

I preordered a V6 and I'm going to get custom cables that were fitted for the M1 V5. Will there be any issues with cross-compatibility?

Thanks!

Shouldn’t if you are going to mount the PSU the same way as in the V5. My custom cables are currently being used in a Node 304 without a problem, using a similar layout as what I will use in the M1. These cables do need enough slack to be able to plug/unplug them, so any minor changes shouldn’t affect fit too much.

Now, if you ordered them for PSU facing out, and now want to use the new mounting position that happens to make room for the C14S, you will probably have a harder time. The PSU is further from the motherboard, at a different angle when mounting that way, which the custom cables weren’t cut for.

gMit

Caliper Novice
Jun 2, 2019
@Necere Keen to receive my v6. I'm trying to plan out my build and watercooling components. Is there a public 3d model available for the M1?

Hohyss

Caliper Novice
Aug 17, 2019
I'd say odds are good that removing the sound card will let you fit a fan on the bottom. There appear to be some caps under it, but they look to be spaced a little bit back from the edge:

Otherwise, the bottom ~2mm seems pretty clear.

New picture about the Asus Crosshair DTX and we can remove the sound card :) Very good news !

Last edited: