NCASE M1 V6 info

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Jeez, yeah. This is more than helpful. I owe you a drink or two.

That front panel USB knowledge is clutch, thanks. I think I'm going to stick with keeping the Type-A ports accessible out of the box for now.

I think I might be well served to get a more compatible GPU though. This seems to be the one place where a return / re-purchase may be justified. I hear you on the side 120 mm case fan potentially being ineffective. I think I'll hold on to the fan for now - can't hurt to try if it fits and compare!

Last question (for now) just to be certain: You reference the power cable for the GPU. This is either included in the case or the PSU, right? I'm not missing a component?

Thanks so much Qrash. Anyone else that sees things I should look out for - tremendously thankful. Your patience with amateurs is appreciated.

I think you have a good plan to proceed with. And yes, your power supply comes with two PCI-E power cables for graphics cards. Take care not to confuse them with the somewhat similar looking 8-pin CPU power cable for the motherboard.

Reactions: btroy

btroy

Cable Smoosher
Aug 19, 2019
I think you have a good plan to proceed with. And yes, your power supply comes with two PCI-E power cables for graphics cards. Take care not to confuse them with the somewhat similar looking 8-pin CPU power cable for the motherboard.

Much gratitude, friend. I'll be looking into more compatible GPUs tomorrow and following up with a build when all is said and done.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Since this post is hot, and no one replied to my post in the right place, I would also want some feedback:

I would like some input from whoever has any hands-on experience on this:
I've watched dozens of videos, read a bunch of stuff, and my main goal is medium-high power with silence.
For the moment I will go with a 240 AiO with Noctua fans for the Ryzen 3600 CPU.
For the GPU,I I'm still deciding which custom 5700XT card I will go (going full AMD in this one).

Some custom cards allow me to put the good old Nocuta A12x25 fans in the bottom of the case.
Others allows me the A12x15 fans.
And some crazy fat ones, none.
All depends on how thick the card is.

If the objective is good power with silence, which option is the best one (big fans, slim fans or fat GPU??)
Are the thick boys good enough for cooling and silence enough?

Thanks guys

Reactions: ikt

Callthemandem

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2019
I know it depends on the hardware but is there any information on rough temp drops vs v5? I feel like the most major change is the ventilation. I’m hoping to drop a 3900x and a 2080ti in there and just want to know what I’m getting myself into... lol

Wildmongoose

Chassis Packer
Nov 14, 2018
The regular power button fits the case so much better than a vandal switch though. I just wish you could get it with a white LED.

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
If the objective is good power with silence, which option is the best one (big fans, slim fans or fat GPU??)
Are the thick boys good enough for cooling and silence enough?

If I may provide some feedback- none of these are really objective, qualitative amounts that I can really do beyond make some assumptions about what "good power" and "silence" mean.

If you're financially capable of experimentation, these generic defaults are always a good starting point:

- large, slower fans are quieter than small, faster fans. slow large fans down from maximum speed until they meet your acceptable noise limit. thicker fan blades can move more air than thinner fans at same RPM (or put another way, spin slower to produce the same airflow and therefore less noise)
- if the lowest level of noise is still unacceptable, move the computer away
- if it's not powerful enough, overclock - especially if you're got thermal headroom available with the level of noise your fans are producing.
- avoid blower style GPUs unless you intend to swap to a gpu water block in a custom loop

Reactions: FelipoG

remig

Efficiency Noob
Aug 21, 2019
I know it depends on the hardware but is there any information on rough temp drops vs v5? I feel like the most major change is the ventilation. I’m hoping to drop a 3900x and a 2080ti in there and just want to know what I’m getting myself into... lol

I'd recommend you to watch this very good video ;)

Callthemandem

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2019
I'd recommend you to watch this very good video
Optimum tech is the only reason I know about the NCASE however every other build I seem to see is the 1080ti, there’s just not enough about 2080tis. I’m more interested in the v6 temps especially since I plan on keeping the pc as is after it’s in the case for a while

tomwgms

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know when the next batch of V6 will become available? I just missed out on ordering one, they sold out QUICK ;p.

tomwgms

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
@Amonchakai , the first post reads:
Preorders should be up sometime in August
So i'm guessing I missed the pre-orders. But the post itself does not state something about the availability post-August. So that is why i asked if there is information on if/when there will be a new batch of V6 coming.

JSItems

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2019
Sorry if this was answered but I wasn't able to find it searching this forum/thread.

I preordered a V6 and I'm going to get custom cables that were fitted for the M1 V5. Will there be any issues with cross-compatibility?

Thanks!

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
@Amonchakai , the first post reads:

So i'm guessing I missed the pre-orders. But the post itself does not state something about the availability post-August. So that is why i asked if there is information on if/when there will be a new batch of V6 coming.
There is a new round which should happen soon. It was said that it should happen within August, which is not finished yet :p

Last edited: