NCASE M1 V6 info

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Would a 50 mm thick (MSI 5700 xt Evoke) fit with slim fans on bottom or no fans at all?

With a 42 mm thick card, there is just enough room for a 25 mm thick fan, so the total vertical space (card + bottom case fan) is 67 mm. So for a 50 mm thick card there would be 17 mm of space left, so you might just get a 15 mm thick fan underneath.

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
With a 42 mm thick card, there is just enough room for a 25 mm thick fan, so the total vertical space (card + bottom case fan) is 67 mm. So for a 50 mm thick card there would be 17 mm of space left, so you might just get a 15 mm thick fan underneath.
Thank you!

egementncr

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
Hi, I have built a new system with Gigabyte x570 I pro wifi motherboard. It has a thick backplate. But, It fits into the case, doesn't it ? @Necere
I also wonder: Will the m2 slot on the back be accessible after the installation?

Last edited:

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I ca
Hi, I have built a new system with Gigabyte x570 I pro wifi motherboard. It has a thick backplate. But, It fits into the case, doesn't it ?
I also wonder: Will the m2 slot on the back be accessible after the installation?

I cannot find a photo of the rear of your motherboard. However, if the M.2 area is between the PCI-E slot and the CPU socket, then it should be accessible through the large hole in the motherboard mounting plate. Below is a photo of the rear M.2 area of my son's M1 build which has an Asus Z170I Pro Gaming motherboard.

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Hey, I know this has been asked and answered before, I just saw in the recent comments there’s enough room for a 67mm thick vertical card. The new 5700xt Red Devil looks promising, I was wondering if it would fit horizontally at 295mm. It’s a 2.5 slot card, I believe 52mm thick and 295mm in length. Anyone know what the max length is in the V6 m1. I believe the exact dimensions are 295mm x 51mm x 120mm LxWxH ... and 2.5 slots

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hey, I know this has been asked and answered before, I just saw in the recent comments there’s enough room for a 67mm thick vertical card. The new 5700xt Red Devil looks promising, I was wondering if it would fit horizontally at 295mm. It’s a 2.5 slot card, I believe 52mm thick and 295mm in length. Anyone know what the max length is in the V6 m1. I believe the exact dimensions are 295mm x 51mm x 120mm LxWxH ... and 2.5 slots
Have you seen my GPU compatibility list for V6? I have the Red Devil listed as incompatible. Where are you getting those dimensions? They don't match what's on Powercolor's specs page.

General GPU size restrictions for V6 are in the first post of this thread.

Reactions: FelipoG

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
Have you seen my GPU compatibility list for V6? I have the Red Devil listed as incompatible. Where are you getting those dimensions? They don't match what's on Powercolor's specs page.

I appreciate the link to the GPU compatibility list, this is great and i had never seen it before. I got those dimensions from the hardware unboxed review. Sorry about that.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Hey @Necere, it would be amazing if you could add a column in your GPU compatibility list for people that want to do the "accelero III simil mod" I mean for the people that wants to remove the fans + shroud from the GPU and use two noctua's as exhaust. I'm very interested in all the new three fans GPUs from amd partners. Of course you cannot know perfectly if they will fit, we just need your opinion as an expert of the case. Thanks!

HottestVapes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Depem
Yeah, unfortunately I only became aware that res was using the 80mm mounting holes when it was already too late to make changes to V6. Sorry if that ruins anyone's plans.

Depending on the spacing of the back vents, it may still fit if they line up with the 80mm fan holes.

If not, 3D printing to the rescue.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hey @Necere, it would be amazing if you could add a column in your GPU compatibility list for people that want to do the "accelero III simil mod" I mean for the people that wants to remove the fans + shroud from the GPU and use two noctua's as exhaust. I'm very interested in all the new three fans GPUs from amd partners. Of course you cannot know perfectly if they will fit, we just need your opinion as an expert of the case. Thanks!
That's a bit out of scope for this list. It's not something you can really tell from pictures, since each card is different. Even if the heatsink doesn't appear too thick, there might still be parts in the way of mounting bottom fans (see this post for example).
Depending on the spacing of the back vents, it may still fit if they line up with the 80mm fan holes.

If not, 3D printing to the rescue.
The rear ventilation slots are spaced to align with the 92mm fan mounting holes, actually, and won't work for 80mm.

CALiiGeddon

Chassis Packer
Jul 30, 2019
I just ordered this case last week, hoping for a quick ship time. I couldn't figure out how to get the SFFLab website to ship to my FPO address in Africa so I am forced to ship it home in the states then pay more shipping and wait 2 more weeks for it to arrive to me :(

CALiiGeddon

Chassis Packer
Jul 30, 2019
Now of course after I had already pre-ordered the case I can put in the address correctly. I guess there was some compatibility issue with my phone at the time I was trying the address. Hopefully I can change the shipping address on a completed order already.

Hohyss

Caliper Novice
Aug 17, 2019
Hi,

I would like to install the Asus rog Crosshair VIII impact in the NCASE M1 V6 and install a RTX 2080 Super with Accelero III and 2 120mm fans below.
I read, I don't know where, that the length of a DTX card prevents the installation of 120mm fans at the bottom if there are components more than 5mm at the bottom of the motherboard.
Seeing the images of the Crosshair VIII impact, do you think that by removing the sound card (if it's possible) I can install 2 120mm fan in the bottom of M1?

Sorry for bad english...Google translate.

Many thanks !

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Now of course after I had already pre-ordered the case I can put in the address correctly. I guess there was some compatibility issue with my phone at the time I was trying the address. Hopefully I can change the shipping address on a completed order already.
Contact SFFLab for address corrections.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi,

I would like to install the Asus rog Crosshair VIII impact in the NCASE M1 V6 and install a RTX 2080 Super with Accelero III and 2 120mm fans below.
I read, I don't know where, that the length of a DTX card prevents the installation of 120mm fans at the bottom if there are components more than 5mm at the bottom of the motherboard.
Seeing the images of the Crosshair VIII impact, do you think that by removing the sound card (if it's possible) I can install 2 120mm fan in the bottom of M1?

Sorry for bad english...Google translate.

Many thanks !
I'd say odds are good that removing the sound card will let you fit a fan on the bottom. There appear to be some caps under it, but they look to be spaced a little bit back from the edge:

Otherwise, the bottom ~2mm seems pretty clear.

Hohyss

Caliper Novice
Aug 17, 2019
I'd say odds are good that removing the sound card will let you fit a fan on the bottom. There appear to be some caps under it, but they look to be spaced a little bit back from the edge:

Otherwise, the bottom ~2mm seems pretty clear.

Many thanks for replying, i guess i think it's possible to put 120mm fan at the bottom...(cross my finger) and i don't need the soundcard (i use an external usb DAC).
This board is quiet good on the paper (usb 3.2 header front port, CPU 8 Pin on the right of the board, no video out and lot's of USB port on I/O Shield....), hope it's fit with 120mm fan at bottom with M1 :)

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
What are the advantages and disadvantages for both orientations of the PSU (inside vs outside). Does it make a difference if we're air cooling or water cooling? Are there compatibility issues with either setup?