NCASE M1 V6 info

Karatosh

What's an ITX?
Aug 12, 2019
The notifications you're getting are from preorder cancellations that are opening one spot at a time. When the second round of preorders open, you'll have plenty of time to get an order in (days-weeks).

Yeah, good news ?

Last edited:

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
I literally just purchased this. So the Ice Man res/pump won't be compatible anymore with the M1?
I am in the same situation, but I think a fan-mount adapter should solve the issue without a hitch. I posted the thingiverse link in the iceman res threat.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
The notifications you're getting are from preorder cancellations that are opening one spot at a time. When the second round of preorders open, you'll have plenty of time to get an order in (days-weeks).

I've asked w360 to turn off notifications for now so you guys won't get frustrated by them any longer :p
great news, thank you!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I am not sure if this has been asked before. If so, please excuse me.
My question is:- now that the v6 is finalized for sale, has there been a temperature test (by Necere) done regarding the GPU temp due to the added side panel holes. Say, put the same GPU (with axial fans) in v5 and in v6 and compare the temp differential?

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
Yeah, unfortunately I only became aware that res was using the 80mm mounting holes when it was already too late to make changes to V6. Sorry if that ruins anyone's plans.
I've reached out to the folks at IceMan and they seem interested in supporting the new version, but that'll take some time as it seems they'll want to base measurements off an actual production case.

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
I am not sure if this has been asked before. If so, please excuse me.
My question is:- now that the v6 is finalized for sale, has there been a temperature test (by Necere) done regarding the GPU temp due to the added side panel holes. Say, put the same GPU (with axial fans) in v5 and in v6 and compare the temp differential?
It world be cool if Optimum tech got his hands on one so we could see how the v6 differs to the v5. Will this happen @Necere?

madmax

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2019
It world be cool if Optimum tech got his hands on one so we could see how the v6 differs to the v5. Will this happen @Necere?
About three weeks ago, this was his answer to the same question:
Yeah, we'll probably send him one to take a look at if he's interested. Although I'm not sure we'll be able to get one before production since the front I/O won't be finished until then (or close to), and I wouldn't want to send out an incomplete unit.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Hey @Necere , how are you?
- Any idea when the first batch will be delivered?
- I was looking for this community spreadsheet ()
I remember that in the past there was a video card section that is not there anymore.
Do you have anything available? Like a list of compatible video cards?

I got the measurements and I'm making some calculations for some cards, but if you can help me confirm, it would be nice.
2.3 slot, ATX
Dimension: 254 x 135 x 46.5 (mm)
I was planning putting 2 noctua A12x25 in the bottom too.

Thanks man

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hey @Necere , how are you?
Fine, thanks.

Any idea when the first batch will be delivered?
Middle to late September.

Do you have anything available? Like a list of compatible video cards?
Yes, here.

I got the measurements and I'm making some calculations for some cards, but if you can help me confirm, it would be nice.
2.3 slot, ATX
Dimension: 254 x 135 x 46.5 (mm)
I was planning putting 2 noctua A12x25 in the bottom too.
A 46mm thick card is a bit too much to fit 25mm fans on the bottom. 42mm (i.e. two slots) is about the maximum.