NCASE M1 V6 info

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
I was looking at all the itx boards for AMD (b450, x470, x570) but I couldn't find any sign of type-e header for front usb-c, is it not implemented yet or I'm blind?
In the case that no board has it, will the front usb be useless?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
It looks great! I have a few questions. Have you tested the increased ventilation? How much improvement in temps are we talking about? I realize there is a lot of variation in builds, so that might be hard to nail down. Also, what was the height of the original feet? I want to say something like 10mm?
I have not done a comparison test.

The V5 and earlier feet are 10mm, yes.

I was looking at all the itx boards for AMD (b450, x470, x570) but I couldn't find any sign of type-e header for front usb-c, is it not implemented yet or I'm blind?
In the case that no board has it, will the front usb be useless?
The Mini-DTX ASUS ROG Crosshair Impact VIII has a Type E header. If the board doesn't have it, then yes, you won't be able to use the port.

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
How did the power button cable end up, is that wire coming out lower to the case floor vs v5? How about a v5 with an inverted pcb/button? Would you reckon any clearances of the v6 with no I/o are worse than the v5 with I/o removed?

It’s crazy to me how much the side vents and feet swap impact the overall aesthetic of the case. The feet look awesome. I’m warming up to the side vents though functionally they look great. Do you think you’d ever do a batch in a different color than the standard black/silver? Even if it’s only a color that LL keeps on hand and wasn’t permanently offered on Sfflabs

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
How did the power button cable end up, is that wire coming out lower to the case floor vs v5? How about a v5 with an inverted pcb/button? Would you reckon any clearances of the v6 with no I/o are worse than the v5 with I/o removed?
The power button PCB will now come flipped such that the connector is at the bottom by default. However, this required a cutout in the floor of the chassis, so this orientation won't be possible when using the new I/O bracket in V5 and earlier. The V5 PCB can be flipped, but this is because it sits slightly higher than the V6 PCB.

V5 power connector at the bottom + no ports vs. V6 power connector at the bottom + no ports will be about the same in terms of GPU clearance.

It’s crazy to me how much the side vents and feet swap impact the overall aesthetic of the case. The feet look awesome. I’m warming up to the side vents though functionally they look great. Do you think you’d ever do a batch in a different color than the standard black/silver? Even if it’s only a color that LL keeps on hand and wasn’t permanently offered on Sfflabs
We considered gray, and may still offer it in the future.

Reactions: teodoro

cklasac

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
When will the ncase m1 v6 be available for sale? I just wanted to order a case and the website says "sold out".

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
When will the ncase m1 v6 be available for sale? I just wanted to order a case and the website says "sold out".
Production will take about 6 weeks. SFFLabs should have preorders up on Monday if you want to get an order in now, or you can wait until they're finished and ready to ship to order.

turke

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
Is it possible to sell from european retailers? The shipping cost and import duties really add a significant chunk onto the final price and it's a bit offputting.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is it possible to sell from european retailers? The shipping cost and import duties really add a significant chunk onto the final price and it's a bit offputting.
No. We've looked into it before, and it would end up costing roughly the same once the distributor takes their cut.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I absolutely love the new case feet! That was a nice surprise in the list of other changes I am very happy to see!

I still don't know how I feel about the added ventilation on the side panels, though. If they function better than the previous panels, I guess it's a worthy trade off... but I'm picturing a 240 radiator from the outside, and how it will no longer occupy the whole ventilation space area... it's going to look... off.

I realize that's nitpicking, but I can say with certainty that I don't own a Ghost for its cooling potential, haha! Looks are subjective, but I personally like the previous panel ventilation design better and wonder if this change will improve thermal performance... If it doesn't make a noticeable difference, and enough people request it... would you offer the old ventilation pattern @Necere ?

cklasac

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
Where can I find the costs of shipping the case to Europe? And where are the parcels sent from, only from the USA?

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
Where can I find the costs of shipping the case to Europe? And where are the parcels sent from, only from the USA?
Sorry man, but this kind of information is widely available on this forum. The M1 is manufactured by Lian Li in Taiwan, where it's also sent from. The shipping costs to Europe are high (there's also customs), but no exact number is known. There is literally no mention of this case ever being shipped from the USA.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I absolutely love the new case feet! That was a nice surprise in the list of other changes I am very happy to see!

I still don't know how I feel about the added ventilation on the side panels, though. If they function better than the previous panels, I guess it's a worthy trade off... but I'm picturing a 240 radiator from the outside, and how it will no longer occupy the whole ventilation space area... it's going to look... off.

I realize that's nitpicking, but I can say with certainty that I don't own a Ghost for its cooling potential, haha! Looks are subjective, but I personally like the previous panel ventilation design better and wonder if this change will improve thermal performance... If it doesn't make a noticeable difference, and enough people request it... would you offer the old ventilation pattern @Necere ?
If the added ventilation on the side panels provided literally no benefit, sure, I'd bring back the old design. It's hard to imagine that being the case, though, especially with axial fan cards. Anecdotally, I can tell you there's a fair bit of warm air coming through those vents next to my open cooler 1080 when it's under load.

A backlit logo or other lighting on the edge of the card are also visible through the vents now, if you're into that.

Reactions: Brude27

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
You'll be able to see shipping costs to your country once the preorder page is up. Shipping is direct from Taiwan, as mentioned.

As for import fees, it varies from country to country. The old Google docs spreadsheet is outdated now, but there are some user-reported customs charges for various countries which should give you an idea of what to expect.

goldern

What's an ITX?
Jul 20, 2019
All cases will be have the full front I/O, but will include a second no-I/O faceplate for the I/O bracket that can be swapped in to run without front ports.
Wait, does that mean that the pre-order will come with the full front I/O?