NCASE M1 V6 info

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will the v6 support RTX 2080 Strix without removing its shroud??
See this post:
Cards over 2.2 slots (45mm) are limited to 280mm long with the front I/O ports in place. Without the ports, you gain an additional 10-20mm.

Additionally, the height of the Strix (130.6mm) combined with the length (305mm) would make for a difficult installation. For cards over 280mm long, the maximum height I would recommend is 125mm.
The Strix RTX 280 is slightly shorter (299.7mm) than the RTX 270 the post references, which in theory would allow it to fit inside (there's physically about 304mm inside without the front I/O ports), but installing it could be quite difficult or impossible. I'd recommend sticking with cards less than 2.2 slots, or else shorter cards like EVGA's XC series.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
Thanks for updating the first post with renders and a change log.

Is there a current ETA for a render with the possible TG side panel?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thank you @Necere for your hard work!! If I may ask, what is the GPU support bracket? And how do you use it?
It's a small bracket that sits below the GPU and supports it by the cooler/shroud. You can mount it anywhere along the 120mm fan mounting slots on the floor of the case, and the bracket itself has about 10mm of height adjustment to accommodate cards between 2 and 2.5 slots thick.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
did the slot on the rear fan still support the small backpack pump like the production from iceman? tq
Haven't checked it, but the relative locations of the mounting holes and watercooling pass-through holes hasn't changed significantly, so it should still work.

Aren’t the 20 pin and Type E the two different types?
No. The old blue "USB 3.0" header is 19 pins. The new Type E header is 20 pins. I used both to refer to it because the Type E nomenclature is not as widely used.

Reactions: withme608

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
ODD bracket
-Redesigned to single piece, now supports 9.5mm and 12.7mm ODD drives

Will there be an option for optical disk drive instalation ? Will there be an option of top panel with such a slot like the early models?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will there be an option for optical disk drive instalation ? Will there be an option of top panel with such a slot like the early models?
Only the V6 without the top panel ODD slot will be available from SFFLab, at least initially. I believe the ODD top panel will be offered separately at some point.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Does I/O-less sold as 2nd version,or the I/O module can be removed?
All cases will have the full front I/O, but will include a second no-I/O faceplate for the I/O bracket that can be swapped in to run without front ports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanook

cloudcrypt

Efficiency Noob
Jul 20, 2019
@Necere
Thanks for the reply! Just a few more questions:

Is on the side (next to the left side panel) the only mounting location for a 240mm radiator? Or is it possible to mount one to the bottom of the case (perhaps with fans on the outside of the bottom of the case then for GPU clearance?)
Also, will a TG side panel be available?

Thanks!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere
Thanks for the reply! Just a few more questions:

Is on the side (next to the left side panel) the only mounting location for a 240mm radiator? Or is it possible to mount one to the bottom of the case (perhaps with fans on the outside of the bottom of the case then for GPU clearance?)
Also, will a TG side panel be available?

Thanks!
The side bracket is the only intended mounting location for a 240 rad, however that hasn't stopped people from mounting rads on the bottom since version 1, as there has always been 2x120mm mounting holes there. However, there is very limited space available below a (dual-slot) GPU - only about 27mm - so it's only really viable with a waterblock on the GPU to bring it down to single slot (adds ~20mm clearance), and using a slim rad (<30mm) and slim fans (<15mm). Even then, airflow is highly restricted due to very limited clearances and slim fans, so performance isn't very good compared to a 240 side-mounted rad. Fans mounted on the underside isn't viable without significantly taller feet.

A TG side panel is planned at some point, as an SFFLab product.

Reactions: cloudcrypt

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
It looks great! I have a few questions. Have you tested the increased ventilation? How much improvement in temps are we talking about? I realize there is a lot of variation in builds, so that might be hard to nail down. Also, what was the height of the original feet? I want to say something like 10mm?