Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Just gonna leave this here:
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/j6vj6vmtq
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/j6vj6v5cu
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/j7aj7aj7j
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/j7nj7njq0
(The links don't work for some reason, posting this via phone, so that's probably whats causing the problem)
Also saw a Reddit post somewhere that cooler master will launch a 850 sfx power supply, I'll add the link tomorrow when I'm back on my pc, or someone else can add it. This will open up more options for GPU and CPU compatibility/oberclocking headroom in the NCASE, so that's exciting to look forward too

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMEXiCAN99

hutzi

Efficiency Noob
Sep 24, 2020
Here you go:

But its really easy. You don't even have to remove something like the guy in the vid or bend the case like him. All you need to do is to angle it carefully (not not scratch it) and do it slowly.

Daandris

Efficiency Noob
Oct 9, 2020
Hi guys,
I've been quietly following this thread for a while.
I have just registered to report that Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity fits without an issue inside the NCase M1 V6.1 . The front USB-C, USBs and Jack ports all need to be removed.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/NxTCmG

Above is a link with photos ( not the best quality but I hope will suffice as evidence ) .

NCase M1 family for the win !

dante

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 10, 2020
Hello everyone and thank you for creating this amazing community!

Just a quick one - what is the consensus so far regarding which 3080 will be best (temp/noise-wise) for M1, without doing any warranty-voiding deshrouding/mods?

What I'm gathering so far, having read all the posts:
(1) Asus TUF - barely fits (but it does!) - better temperature and lower noise than the below
(2) EVGA XC3 - fits without any issues, but slightly (?) worse noise/temp performance
(3) FE (but let's forget that I'll be able to ever get one of these here in Europe...)

... which seems to conclude that Asus TUF is the best option. Would you agree/disagree/wait for something else?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Reactions: Plaklijm

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Hello everyone and thank you for creating this amazing community!

Just a quick one - what is the consensus so far regarding which 3080 will be best (temp/noise-wise) for M1, without doing any warranty-voiding deshrouding/mods?

What I'm gathering so far, having read all the posts:
(1) Asus TUF - barely fits (but it does!) - better temperature and lower noise than the below
(2) EVGA XC3 - fits without any issues, but slightly (?) worse noise/temp performance
(3) FE (but let's forget that I'll be able to ever get one of these here in Europe...)

... which seems to conclude that Asus TUF is the best option. Would you agree/disagree/wait for something else?

Thank you for your thoughts!
I would say you are already there regarding choice. Tuf is probably the best in terms of ease of fitment, thermal performance and gaming performance. The EVGA is also a great option, but worse in the last two segments, with the upperhand in fitment. FE is most likely a no go. its all down to personal prefrence in brand, or pricing. Personally i would rather spend my money on the TUF than anything else regarding the NCASE M1, so its up to you now :)

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
I would also go for the TUF. It has great thermals in the M1, and you can even keep the front IO as shown in the previous page.

It is more expensive, but if you can find and afford it I would take this one.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
I would say you are already there regarding choice. Tuf is probably the best in terms of ease of fitment, thermal performance and gaming performance. The EVGA is also a great option, but worse in the last two segments, with the upperhand in fitment. FE is most likely a no go. its all down to personal prefrence in brand, or pricing. Personally i would rather spend my money on the TUF than anything else regarding the NCASE M1, so its up to you now :)
Why is FE nogo?

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Why is FE nogo?
Should fit fine
I meant a nogo because its very hard to get your hands on, and imo the TUF may be a better choise. Like he already said, getting a FE is not the easiest task. And if it is back in stock, already a few months have passed and then its still the question if you can get one before someone else. The TUF on the othe hand is a cassrd you can buy in most stores/online. So thats why i said the FE is a no go

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020
I meant a nogo because its very hard to get your hands on, and imo the TUF may be a better choise. Like he already said, getting a FE is not the easiest task. And if it is back in stock, already a few months have passed and then its still the question if you can get one before someone else. The TUF on the othe hand is a cassrd you can buy in most stores/online. So thats why i said the FE is a no go
But seems there is no space to put fans under tuf3080, will it cause a problem?

BurningOC

Chassis Packer
Oct 12, 2020
Hey Guys I tried fitting the EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra in the M1 V6.1 and it works.
There are two options. Either deshroud the card (but leave the fans on) or fit it entirely.
The Problem is that the sidepanel wont fit anymore because the card is to wide.

I want to post picutres but I cant do it at the moment. Sorry im new here.

BurningOC

Chassis Packer
Oct 12, 2020
Does anyone know some really low profile 8-Pin Pcie kabels? maybe with them it is possible to close the side panel. Availabil in europe would be good.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
But seems there is no space to put fans under tuf3080, will it cause a problem?
i think there may be a little room under the card for 15 mm fans, But i wouldnt recommend it. You will generate more noise without a significant impact on thermals/perfomance. The TUF already has a great cooler slapped on it. So if you want your card to run cooler you can look into undervolting.
Does anyone know some really low profile 8-Pin Pcie kabels? maybe with them it is possible to close the side panel. Availabil in europe would be good.
I would recommend these:
https://www.highflow.nl/modding/str...es-8-pin-pcie-power-supply-adapter.html?sl=en

These things are imo more handy in situations like yours. because with power cables you are still limited by the thickness of the cables and these things dont tkake up more space than necessary

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
Cant see how the 3090 with EKWB block would work like the side panels ?

Going to do more research on it , Picking FE 3090 up tomorrow , eagerly awaiting the details from EKWB on the block.

Insanniti

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2019
Hi guys, I just order a ncase m1 and cant wait to move my current build to m1. But I have a ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC edition CPU and I see it is being marked as difficult to install. How difficult it is? What is recessed power connectors meant?
I have an Ncase M1 with the 2080Ti Strix, and while it takes some patience to get in, it definitely fits. I even have 2 x A12-15mm slim Noctua fans under it at the bottom - I did need to slide in a few rubber wedges/spacers to stop the fans hitting on the shroud though.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Cant see how the 3090 with EKWB block would work like the side panels ?

Going to do more research on it , Picking FE 3090 up tomorrow , eagerly awaiting the details from EKWB on the block.
The 3090 does fit, but, with the extruding power cables it will be hard closing the side pannel. Also if EKWB is deciding on the water entry and exit on the side of the card, then you can forget about fitting one in, it will only work if the inlet and outlet of the water is in the rear of the card. So like you said, EKWB needs to put out more info before you can say for certain.

Reactions: Teletubby89

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
Looking at the teaser pic it does look like rear fill but obviously nothing's certain yet.

I have come across a 3090 in the case but nothing that's fully built in and pannels back on .... it's the front power that will be an issue.

Reactions: Plaklijm