NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

dche

Chassis Packer
Sep 9, 2019
Does MSI GTX 1660 Super Ventus XS OC 6GB fit in this case? I'm a first time builder and I'm not familiar with how to read the dimensions to know if it fits the Ncase M1, if I need some special cable to connect to the power (what is 90 degree angle people refer to?), or what a recessed power connector is.

More specifically, I'm confused about the height (aka width?) of 140 mm and how much clearance one needs below that? Wish there was a video on explaining this.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Does MSI GTX 1660 Super Ventus XS OC 6GB fit in this case? I'm a first time builder and I'm not familiar with how to read the dimensions to know if it fits the Ncase M1, if I need some special cable to connect to the power (what is 90 degree angle people refer to?), or what a recessed power connector is.

More specifically, I'm confused about the height (aka width?) of 140 mm and how much clearance one needs below that? Wish there was a video on explaining this.
Yes that card fits, though you will probably need low profile PCIe power adapters. There's a link to some in the first post.
There are also some pictures in the first post that illustrate card height.

dche

Chassis Packer
Sep 9, 2019
Yes that card fits, though you will probably need low profile PCIe power adapters. There's a link to some in the first post.
There are also some pictures in the first post that illustrate card height.
Thanks for the reply. By low profile power adapters, do you mean something like

I hear 90 or 180 degree, they seem to help turn the direction cables go in, is there a recommendation on the kind of adapters used for gpus in Ncase builds, like go w/90 or 180 degree? I'm not sure what they mean by Type A or Type B either. If I understand this correctly the card I referenced is 8 pin, so needs 8 pin adapter, but there's 2 types, what does that mean?

Last edited:

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Thanks for the reply. By low profile power adapters, do you mean something like

I hear 90 or 180 degree, they seem to help turn the direction cables go in, is there a recommendation on the kind of adapters used for gpus in Ncase builds, like go w/90 or 180 degree? I'm not sure what they mean by Type A or Type B either. If I understand this correctly the card I referenced is 8 pin, so needs 8 pin adapter, but there's 2 types, what does that mean?
The types refer to the shape (the squares and circles) on your GPU connector: https://graphicscardhub.com/graphics-card-pcie-power-connectors/
I would recommend buying both types to see which fits and be able to use them for any future GPUs.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The A and B are essentially an "up" type and a "down" type. Compare the power connector on your GPU to the pictures on ModDIY to determine which you need (look at which side the little wedge-shaped hook is on). You want the one that relocates the connector above the GPU backplate. Get both types if you're not sure.

pl212

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 26, 2020
Unfortunately, nothing you can do will make that card fit. It's simply too tall. It's basically touching the side panel, and the lack of recessed PCIe power connectors means there's zero room to plug them in. Plus the height at the front and rear corners conflicts with the chassis in those areas.

It's not pretty; it's not easy; and it's probably not even a good idea... but the EVGA 2080ti FTW3 does indeed fit in the M1:

0) Remove the front plate and I/O area.
1) Remove the dark transparent plastic fan shroud.
2) Remove the metal PCI 3-slot bracket.
3) Insert the FTW3 into the case but don't plug it in. Pull it forward out the front of the M1 an inch or two.
4) Insert the metal PCI 3-slot bracket into the gap between the back of the case and the motherboard edge.
5) Move the FTW3 an inch or so back into the case, so it presses up against the bracket.
6) Push down to seat the card. You'll need to ease the left-hand edge of the card past the M1 case frame - this metal frame will temporarily flex perhaps a quarter of an inch, after which it clears the card.
6) Screw the metal PCI 3-slot bracket into the back of the FTW3.
7) Use two low-profile power connectors to clear the side panel.
8) Re-install the Power Button-only I/O panel to eliminate most wiring in the area.

Make sure your cables are managed well at the bottom so they don't foul the 3 fans. (Using the power-only I/O panel helps a lot here.).

In theory, you could try to slide in the plastic fan shroud and screw it in through the bottom of the M1. I haven't myself. It's possible this shroud is important for optimal air routing. But it doesn't provide much protection from cable fouling.

Reactions: Qrash

E T

Efficiency Noob
Apr 6, 2020
The majority of the 2080 cards will fit, some might require some creative thinking on how to manoeuvre them in but for example even the Asus Strix cards fit.

I owned a Gigabyte AORUS Geforce RTX 2080 Ti 11G Extreme and was wondering with creative thinking, whether this card could fit in the ncase M1 v6.1?

Currently looking for ITX case to fit this monster but short of getting the Lian Li TU150 which is massive, I was wondering anyone got it to fit into this beautiful M1 casing?

buckosff

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 8, 2020
Hi, does the MSI 2070 Super Gaming X fit?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi, does the MSI 2070 Super Gaming X fit?

No, it's too tall (wide).

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've got a V1 case back from the first shipment in 2013. Any reason to think the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700xt won't fit? Reddit user got it to fit in a V6 but it's so long it sits on top of the front I/O bracket.

Looking through the revision log, it looks like the "front passthrough" for long GPUs was slightly enlarged to help. Does that come into play in this situation? Easy enough to change with a Dremel if need be?