NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
I've got an old gen question as couldn't find an answer myself. I'm the not so proud owner of an EVGA 1080ti FTW3 which is specced to be 299.72x142.69 and for width simply "Dual Slot" by EVGA themselves. I know that this card wasn't compatible with earlier versions of the NCase M1 as the power connectors caused the case side panel to be unclosable. Is there any changes in width to the case and would the card fit V6 using recessed power cables?

osff

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2019
Updated the list to reflect the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT has been confirmed to fit in the V6.

I'd say it doesn't really fit if I consider this image. The shrout rests on the I/O block and would explain the bending of the board on the intro picture.

I would then be interested in how easily the shrout could be removed, then it should fit in my opinion.

osff

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2019
My strix rx 5700xt (same dimensions as other strixes (2080 - 2080ti, don't know if the 2070 is that massive) fits perfectly, just like the other posts said.

Do have it deshrouded now? IIRC you missed some parts before you will do it. What is the state of your build?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I've got an old gen question as couldn't find an answer myself. I'm the not so proud owner of an EVGA 1080ti FTW3 which is specced to be 299.72x142.69 and for width simply "Dual Slot" by EVGA themselves. I know that this card wasn't compatible with earlier versions of the NCase M1 as the power connectors caused the case side panel to be unclosable. Is there any changes in width to the case and would the card fit V6 using recessed power cables?
Dimensions of the case haven't significantly changed, that card is still too tall.

I'd say it doesn't really fit if I consider this image. The shrout rests on the I/O block and would explain the bending of the board on the intro picture.

I would then be interested in how easily the shrout could be removed, then it should fit in my opinion.
Depends how you want to define "fits." It's in there, it seems to work fine. It just has some 'reverse sag.'

osff

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2019
Depends how you want to define "fits." It's in there, it seems to work fine. It just has some 'reverse sag.'

Under this aspect i would find it useful to have a link to the installation conditions in the compatibility list, so that everyone can get an idea of the installation conditions and decide for himself. Unfortunately the Fit-it reports are scattered here.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Do have it deshrouded now? IIRC you missed some parts before you will do it. What is the state of your build?
Have my strix stock with custom fan curve and -undervolted by - 100mv. Fan is spinning around 40% and is audible with only a silent low "woush" at 68-70 degrees at 100% load with gaming.
Stock the card would on 53% with same 68-70 degrees. So I'm extremely happy with the undervolt :)
Need to make a separate thread on my build and temps. Also changed fans with chromax noctua, so no more brown. Changing the a14 on the c14s to intake dropped the cpu by 5-6 degrees. Added an a9 on the rear as intake and this dropped the cpu with another 5 degrees. Exhaust on the fans caused the cpu to get 5-6 degrees hotter per fan changed.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Oct 28, 2019
So the PNY 2080ti xlr8 will fit even with the added length of the card? i thought the FE card would be the only one i could fit with two 25mm fans at the bottom but it looks like ive got a few more choices, just a general question to everyone on here, i'm doing a Ncase M1 V6 build and im trying to figure out what the best 2080ti would be to use. i want to be able to fit two 25mm fans on the bottom, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
So the PNY 2080ti xlr8 will fit even with the added length of the card? i thought the FE card would be the only one i could fit with two 25mm fans at the bottom but it looks like ive got a few more choices, just a general question to everyone on here, i'm doing a Ncase M1 V6 build and im trying to figure out what the best 2080ti would be to use. i want to be able to fit two 25mm fans on the bottom, any help would be greatly appreciated.
That card will fit fine. It's dual-slot (<42mm thick) and barely taller than reference. It's fairly long, but nothing the M1 can't handle.

25mm thick fans will fit under any dual-slot GPU, not just FE cards.

Reactions: KronDestroyer13

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
Dimensions of the case haven't significantly changed, that card is still too tall.

Thanks for the response. A bit disappointing to be honest, it looks like an awesome case to use. I so much regret getting this behemoth of a GPU

mindyoursoul

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 1, 2019
Yes it's fine. All the EVGA cards apart from the FTW series are fine in the M1 (including triple slot cards).

I own a 2080S FTW3 and I thought I was golden when I saw the 3 slot compatibility but when I checked this thread (which is awesome btw), it seems like Im out of luck.
Is there anything I can do? I guess put a G12 or something on it but Id rather not do that, can I remove the plastic shroud or mod it in some kind of way to make it fit?

I know I might've started on the wrong "side" of things, but I'm fine with a new motherboard and selling my X62 280mm AIO and getting a 240mm but really don't wanna sell my GPU... So any kind of advice or help would be appreciated or just tell me if Im totally screwed...

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I own a 2080S FTW3 and I thought I was golden when I saw the 3 slot compatibility but when I checked this thread (which is awesome btw), it seems like Im out of luck.
Is there anything I can do? I guess put a G12 or something on it but Id rather not do that, can I remove the plastic shroud or mod it in some kind of way to make it fit?

I know I might've started on the wrong "side" of things, but I'm fine with a new motherboard and selling my X62 280mm AIO and getting a 240mm but really don't wanna sell my GPU... So any kind of advice or help would be appreciated or just tell me if Im totally screwed...
Unfortunately, nothing you can do will make that card fit. It's simply too tall. It's basically touching the side panel, and the lack of recessed PCIe power connectors means there's zero room to plug them in. Plus the height at the front and rear corners conflicts with the chassis in those areas.

Reactions: mindyoursoul

mindyoursoul

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 1, 2019
Unfortunately, nothing you can do will make that card fit. It's simply too tall. It's basically touching the side panel, and the lack of recessed PCIe power connectors means there's zero room to plug them in. Plus the height at the front and rear corners conflicts with the chassis in those areas.

Oh I see, its the whole PCB thats too big! Thanks you for your quick reply! Now I got something to think about haha

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Oct 28, 2019
so the 2080ti FTW wont fit either then im guessing. damn. anyone know what the best three slot 2080ti would be for the M1? OR if its just better to get a two slot and rely on two 120mm fans on the bottom also? just trying to figure out the best GPU to get for thermals in this case. id prefer not to get the FE and have to under volt.