NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
So according to a reddit user the ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC edition DOES fit. I dont understand why its listed as "NO".

rubenjavier

Cable Smoosher
Sep 14, 2019
Gamers Nexus ranked the RX 5700 XT Gigabyte Gaming OC as the Best Overall RX 5700 XT card, Saphire Pulse 5700 XT got second place but as he said, it was barely defeated

Now wich one will get better prices on black friday here in europe...

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Do you think it could fit in the V2 as well ?

I am aware of the two removed side panel clips and willing to mod, if necessary.
But is the front IO that much smaller on the V6 compared to the V2 ?
It's hard to say. The shroud gets very close to the front I/O in the V6. The differences between the V6 and <=V5 front I/O are small but may be significant in cases like these:

Also, considering the larger front cutout in V6, reduced rear flange and removed clips, at a minimum it would be a more difficult install in <=V5.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
So according to a reddit user the ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC edition DOES fit. I dont understand why its listed as "NO".
Do you have a link? I can only go by the specs and estimate based on pictures of the card until someone physically tests it. That card is listed at 304.7mm long and 54.1mm thick, which exceeds the maximum thickness for that length in the V6. However, the specs don't tell you the shape of the cooler/shroud, which can make all the difference.

a rcanine

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 23, 2019
Will the 5700 XT Gigabyte Gaming OC fit within the V5? I was able to draw the extents of the card onto the length/width diagram shown on page 1 but I was struggling trying to get the V5 IO overlay'd

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will the 5700 XT Gigabyte Gaming OC fit within the V5? I was able to draw the extents of the card onto the length/width diagram shown on page 1 but I was struggling trying to get the V5 IO overlay'd
Should be fine. Cards up to about 280mm can be up to three slots without running into problems with the I/O in all versions of the M1.

a rcanine

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 23, 2019
Should be fine. Cards up to about 280mm can be up to three slots without running into problems with the I/O in all versions of the M1.

One more question;

Currently planning on having a NH-U9S cooling a 3600 with 2 92mm fans in exhaust and a 120mm NFA12x25 intaking from the side.
Do you think it would be worth installing 2 slim noctua fans beneath the 5700 XT for intake with a gpu nearly 50mm thick? Or would the gpu pull in sufficient air?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
One more question;

Currently planning on having a NH-U9S cooling a 3600 with 2 92mm fans in exhaust and a 120mm NFA12x25 intaking from the side.
Do you think it would be worth installing 2 slim noctua fans beneath the 5700 XT for intake with a gpu nearly 50mm thick? Or would the gpu pull in sufficient air?
I would try it without first, see how it does. Stacking fans right on top of eachother like that can create turbulence and noise. Better would be to remove the GPU fans/shroud, if possible, and use a pair of full-thickness 120mm fans on the bottom.

Reactions: a rcanine

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
Do you have a link? I can only go by the specs and estimate based on pictures of the card until someone physically tests it. That card is listed at 304.7mm long and 54.1mm thick, which exceeds the maximum thickness for that length in the V6. However, the specs don't tell you the shape of the cooler/shroud, which can make all the difference.
Here you go:

Windeh

Cable Smoosher
Oct 27, 2019
That person had to remove the card's fans and shroud to get it to fit. The list is only for determining compatibility with cards in stock form; modified cards are out of scope.

A post further back in this thread links to an Asus 2080 Ti Strix OC stuffed in a non-V6 M1.

@Necere

Supposedly the 2080 Ti Strix does fit in the Ncase according to this guy (link below). This wasn't even in the V6 either so I'm assuming it should be less of a hassle to maneuver in since the V6 was slightly updated to make installing large GPU's easier?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
A post further back in this thread links to an Asus 2080 Ti Strix OC stuffed in a non-V6 M1.
True, but they had to remove the bracket off the card, install the card, then reinstall the bracket. For an installation that is that much trouble, I'm not going to say it's compatible.

Reactions: raymondzzd

Windeh

Cable Smoosher
Oct 27, 2019
The ASUS RTX 2080 Ti Strix OC is compatible with at least the NCASE M1 V6 without any disassembly of the card, no force required, no bending of the shroud etc.

The card does not even touch the front IO, with about a 1mm gap. Front USB/Audio Jack may be compatible also, however I don't run them so I have not tried.

Below link for a step by step:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The ASUS RTX 2080 Ti Strix OC is compatible with at least the NCASE M1 V6 without any disassembly of the card, no force required, no bending of the shroud etc.

The card does not even touch the front IO, with about a 1mm gap. Front USB/Audio Jack may be compatible also, however I don't run them so I have not tried.

Very nice. I guess the changes to V6 really do make all the difference.

As I've said previously, I only have the manufacturer specs to go on, unless and until someone does a test fit. On paper, the 2080 Ti Strix should not fit, but the card is not a perfect rectangle and the way the shroud angles up at the front lets it just squeak in. I will mark it as compatible, with the "difficult install" caveat. Also the no front I/O caveat, until someone confirms otherwise.

jaz

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 16, 2019
XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC III Ultra
Dimensions according from the YouTube video are: 12.4 x 5.16 x 2.24 inches or 31.5 x 13.1 x 5.7 cm

Reviews:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC III Ultra
Dimensions according from the YouTube video are: 12.4 x 5.16 x 2.24 inches or 31.5 x 13.1 x 5.7 cm

Reviews:
Added, thanks. Too thick for the length though unfortunately.

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019

Nooooooooooooooo I regret buying another case now! :(

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019

Hey, if you don’t mind me asking how are your temps with the gpu while gaming? What resolution do you game at? Also, how loud are the gpu fans, rpm?
Thanks!