NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

rubenjavier

Cable Smoosher
Sep 14, 2019
I have the Sapphire 5700XT Pulse and was able to get it in and out several times while working on it. I can 100% say it does fit. I do need to shimmy the PCIE lock clip cause it gets caught sometimes. It does not fit with the 25mm fans under as already noted on the chart.

Mate that is a really awesome news, I had given up and was considering a gigabyte gaming oc, thank you!
if I may ask, what version of the case do you have?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I have the Sapphire 5700XT Pulse and was able to get it in and out several times while working on it. I can 100% say it does fit. I do need to shimmy the PCIE lock clip cause it gets caught sometimes. It does not fit with the 25mm fans under as already noted on the chart.

I'm marking the 5700 XT Pulse back to compatible with the 'difficult install' caveat. Clearly it can be done without too much trouble. The only thing I can think of that might be causing @asava's troubles is some component on their motherboard that might be in the way of the card's bracket.

Mate that is a really awesome news, I had given up and was considering a gigabyte gaming oc, thank you!
if I may ask, what version of the case do you have?
That's a V6. You can tell by the fan bracket, the reduced flange at the rear adjacent to the GPU, the lack of the clip on that flange, etc.

Last edited:

Vortex88

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 12, 2019
So according to the measurements, it would appear that the Powercolor 5700XT Red Dragon would definitely fit. Is there something else keeping it from being compatible?

Vortex88

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 12, 2019
The PCIe power connectors are not recessed, and the height only leaves ~8mm to the side panel. Would probably work with those modDIY low profile adapters.
Yeah, sorry about that. Just searched through the rest of the thread. It sounds like the clip by the PCI-e brackets would need to be removed too, and I don't really want to mess with that. I just put a new build together in the NCase M1. I thought I'd carry over my MSI GTX 1070 TI Titanium to the build, but it's definitely too tall, and the PCI-E connectors jut out the side. I just ordered the vanilla Powercolor 5700 XT non-reference card. I think it's probably the best fit for my use case with two NF-A12X25 fans at the bottom of the case.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, sorry about that. Just searched through the rest of the thread. It sounds like the clip by the PCI-e brackets would need to be removed too, and I don't really want to mess with that. I just put a new build together in the NCase M1.
V5 or V6? The clip has been removed (and the flange reduced) in V6.

Vortex88

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 12, 2019
V6. Is the red dragon that big of an upgrade over the normal one? I'm looking at the card's dimensions again, and it's only 4mm shorter than my 1070 TI, so it would probably be really tight. I'm not sure that I'd be able to pur the PCI-e Plat back on the back panel, and the side panel would be really close with the low profile adapter if it fit at all. I think I might just go with the vanilla version. Less to worry about.

Last edited:

Batman

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2019
The other day I received my case Ncase M1 (v6). An excellent case, but many video cards do not fit into it.

Now I choose a video card.
Do I understand correctly that the Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse graphics card is guaranteed to fit into the case?

Does the Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Dragon video card fit into the chassis only when using curved PCIe power connectors?

The PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card and the like probably won't fit?

I am using an ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX / ac motherboard

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Do I understand correctly that the Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse graphics card is guaranteed to fit into the case?
There are several posts in the last couple of pages pertaining to that card, I suggest reading them and making your own judgement.

Does the Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Dragon video card fit into the chassis only when using curved PCIe power connectors?

The PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card and the like probably won't fit?
The Red Dragon will probably fit using the 7mm low profile connectors from modDIY.

The Red Devil is too thick for the length and will probably run into the front I/O and/or front of the chassis.

Batman

Cable Smoosher
Oct 13, 2019
There are several posts in the last couple of pages pertaining to that card, I suggest reading them and making your own judgement.
I read them. If I understand correctly, the Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse video card will fit if you first insert it into the motherboard and then insert it all together into the case.

Just someone wrote that something was bothering him on the motherboard, so I decided to clarify this point.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I read them. If I understand correctly, the Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse video card will fit if you first insert it into the motherboard and then insert it all together into the case.
I don't believe it's actually the case that you need to install the card together with motherboard, I think that was just speculation for how it could be done. Maybe @seba or @ahchiu can clarify how they did it.

WBear

What's an ITX?
Oct 13, 2019
Yeah, sorry about that. Just searched through the rest of the thread. It sounds like the clip by the PCI-e brackets would need to be removed too, and I don't really want to mess with that. I just put a new build together in the NCase M1. I thought I'd carry over my MSI GTX 1070 TI Titanium to the build, but it's definitely too tall, and the PCI-E connectors jut out the side. I just ordered the vanilla Powercolor 5700 XT non-reference card. I think it's probably the best fit for my use case with two NF-A12X25 fans at the bottom of the case.

I’m debating if I should get the powercolor as well. I’m having trouble deciding between the pulse or the vanilla powercolor non-reference and two fans under it. Don’t know which choice will have better thermals and noise.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019

That is awesome news, thank you!

It looks like it still fits some 15mm Noctua fans over there.

Super, thanks!

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019

Also, can you tell me your motherboard and processor?
And maybe the temps you are having with this air cooler?

ahchiu

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 27, 2019
Also, can you tell me your motherboard and processor?
And maybe the temps you are having with this air cooler?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte Aorus X570
Noctua U9S
CPU about ~55C on idle and playing Monster Hunter World. Not too CPU intensive

Just someone wrote that something was bothering him on the motherboard, so I decided to clarify this point.

I actually inserted it into the case after I had the motherboard installed. I was able to insert and remove the card a few times cause I made a few mistakes hooking up cables.