NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Is the rx 5700xt gaming oc really that big? Or is it just the included backplate? It looks only a little bit bigger than 2 slots, but is rated at a massive 49mm. I guess this card won't fit with 2 fans at the bottom?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is the rx 5700xt gaming oc really that big? Or is it just the included backplate? It looks only a little bit bigger than 2 slots, but is rated at a massive 49mm. I guess this card won't fit with 2 fans at the bottom?
49mm is less than 2.5 slots - not really that massive. That looks about right judging by pics:

Anything over 2 slots (~42mm) will prevent standard thickness (25mm) fans from fitting on the bottom.

Reactions: FelipoG

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
49mm is less than 2.5 slots - not really that massive. That looks about right judging by pics:

Anything over 2 slots (~42mm) will prevent standard thickness (25mm) fans from fitting on the bottom.
Thanks for your quick reply! I think I want the best cooling/lowest noice so the strix is on the list. Though I read it somewhere here, but why is the strix (rx 5700xt) incompatible? I thought I read it is hard with the i/o, but not impossible. Is this true (since I see lots of strix with and without fan shroud in the ncase m1). I don't mind a challenge, but it has to be possible at least.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks for your quick reply! I think I want the best cooling/lowest noice so the strix is on the list. Though I read it somewhere here, but why is the strix (rx 5700xt) incompatible? I thought I read it is hard with the i/o, but not impossible. Is this true (since I see lots of strix with and without fan shroud in the ncase m1). I don't mind a challenge, but it has to be possible at least.
From the first post:

Graphics Card Support
  • Cards up to 280mm long (up to 290mm with front I/O ports removed):
    • Height: up to 140mm at mid-card (130mm if over 55mm thick), 130mm at rear corner
    • Thickness: up to 3 slots (60mm)
  • Cards over 280mm long:
    • Height: up to 140mm at mid-card, 130mm at rear corner, 125mm at front corner
    • Thickness: up to 2.2 slots (45mm)
  • Note on height limits: please allow 15-20mm for PCIe power connectors

The ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 XT OC edition is 305x130x54mm, so it's over 280mm long, which means it can't be thicker than 45mm or it conflicts with the front I/O. This list only uses the dimensions given by the manufacturer, and doesn't take into account any modifications done to the card.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
From the first post:

Graphics Card Support
  • Cards up to 280mm long (up to 290mm with front I/O ports removed):
    • Height: up to 140mm at mid-card (130mm if over 55mm thick), 130mm at rear corner
    • Thickness: up to 3 slots (60mm)
  • Cards over 280mm long:
    • Height: up to 140mm at mid-card, 130mm at rear corner, 125mm at front corner
    • Thickness: up to 2.2 slots (45mm)
  • Note on height limits: please allow 15-20mm for PCIe power connectors

The ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 XT OC edition is 305x130x54mm, so it's over 280mm long, which means it can't be thicker than 45mm or it conflicts with the front I/O. This list only uses the dimensions given by the manufacturer, and doesn't take into account any modifications done to the card.
But how is it possible people fit the whole strix without any mods and with front i/o? The front i/o is even the smallest yet for the v6 because of your fantastic adjustments.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
But how is it possible people fit the whole strix without any mods and with front i/o? The front i/o is even the smallest yet for the v6 because of your fantastic adjustments.
Which Strix cards are you talking about? The GTX 1080 Strix was only two slots thick, which is why people could get it to fit. The 2080 and 5700 Strix cards are thicker.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Which Strix cards are you talking about? The GTX 1080 Strix was only two slots thick, which is why people could get it to fit. The 2080 and 5700 Strix cards are thicker.
I see now the strix of the rtx 2070 and gtx 1080ti are different than the rtx 2080 and 2080 ti. I think I will do what this guy has done. I have build a few pc's now, so I'll be okay I guess haha. And otherwise I'll remove the fanshroud and plug the fans in the extra PWM fan headers on the strix.

PandahNZ

Cable Smoosher
Aug 31, 2019
Hi all, have pre-ordered the V6 - super keen for my first SFF build! Only thing left for me to decide on is the GPU. I have narrowed it down to either an EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC, Gigabyte 2080 Super Gaming OC or 5700XT Pulse (for long term 1440p gaming). Would anybody be able to provide some pros/cons on how these will perform in terms of being in the Ncase? I'm thinking about the fans on the bottom of the case and whether some cards may take up too much space for them to be effective or even fit etc. My main priority is to have a quiet build (have been using a laptop for past couple years so I'm over screaming fans).

Any help would be great! Cheers

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Hi all, have pre-ordered the V6 - super keen for my first SFF build! Only thing left for me to decide on is the GPU. I have narrowed it down to either an EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC, Gigabyte 2080 Super Gaming OC or 5700XT Pulse (for long term 1440p gaming). Would anybody be able to provide some pros/cons on how these will perform in terms of being in the Ncase? I'm thinking about the fans on the bottom of the case and whether some cards may take up too much space for them to be effective or even fit etc. My main priority is to have a quiet build (have been using a laptop for past couple years so I'm over screaming fans).

Any help would be great! Cheers
Both too big for fans underneath. Max is 2 slots up to 42mm for normal fans to fit. Slim fans make more noise and are less effective. So neither would be perfect for the ncase (though the ncase had more ventilation now so noone knows what is good now).
2080 super gets fairly Hot, so fans in the bottom would be ideal. Gigabyte 2070s windforce would be ideal for silence + fans + temps.
I'm personally looking into the Asus strix rx 5700 xt and remove the shroud + noctua fans for ultimate silence and power (515 euro vs 565 for the windforce 2070 super).

Last edited:

PandahNZ

Cable Smoosher
Aug 31, 2019
Both too big for fans underneath. Max is 2 slots up to 42mm for normal fans to fit. Slim fans make more noise and are less effective. So neither would be perfect for the ncase (though the ncase had more ventilation now so noone knows what is good now).
2080 super gets fairly Hot, so fans in the bottom would be ideal. Gigabyte 2070s windforce would be ideal for silence + fans + temps.
I'm personally looking into the Asus strix rx 5700 xt and remove the shroud + noctua fans for ultimate silence and power (515 euro vs 565 for the windforce 2070 super).

Ah I see, cheers! Yeh I was just looking at 2080 super to try and last a while before needing to upgrade, especially because I'm wanting to game at ultra wide 1440p. Is there any chance the fans on the gpu alone will be enough to keep things relatively cool or are the bottom case fans a must?

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Ah I see, cheers! Yeh I was just looking at 2080 super to try and last a while before needing to upgrade, especially because I'm wanting to game at ultra wide 1440p. Is there any chance the fans on the gpu alone will be enough to keep things relatively cool or are the bottom case fans a must?
For a 2080super with 2 slots gpu probably not to keep it somewhat silent. With the new ventilation holes down at the gpu, maybe it is more doable without fans. You can try at first and add the fans if needed. Some report good temps with heatsinks like the rog strix without fans, but long game sessions was building up heat since the gpu would recycle warm air. With the new ventilation, maybe it is better.

tomwgms

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2019
I've seen some photo's of people placing a 240mm rad in the bottom of the Ncase with 2 slim fans on it. However i couldn't find any forum where they stated if this improved thermals over normal cards (maybe with extra fans). Do you guys/girls know a forum post discussing this? Help is much appreciated!

Tramere

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2019
Hello, i have ordered the V6 yesterday. Today i found out that my
GigabyteAORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE 11G29013140Attached 240mm AIONo
is not compatible with the case. I was willing to get an waterblock but i see the least wide is 141 mm (Alphacool). But i am also willing to mod a little the shroud which is not needed and probably get the card less that 290 and less that 131 mm. i see the 40mm is not an issue. most WB are 27mm

Anybody actually tried this card? Would it be possible to fit the card with difficulties? would it be possible with small case mods? What would be the main concern, the wideness?

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello, i have ordered the V6 yesterday. Today i found out that my
GigabyteAORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE 11G29013140Attached 240mm AIONo
is not compatible with the case. I was willing to get an waterblock but i see the least wide is 141 mm (Alphacool). But i am also willing to mod a little the shroud which is not needed and probably get the card less that 290 and less that 131 mm. i see the 40mm is not an issue. most WB are 27mm

Anybody actually tried this card? Would it be possible to fit the card with difficulties? would it be possible with small case mods? What would be the main concern, the wideness?

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel
The main reason I listed that card as incompatible is the tubing. It comes out from the edge of the card, and since you only have 9mm to the side panel it's unlikely to fit because it lacks sufficient room to bend. If you can get the tubes to bend in less space than the height of the card+9mm (possibly by removing the shroud), then it's more likely to fit.