NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
How about the MSI evoke? The cooler design is not as good as the pulse but still better than the reference card.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
now have to decide between 5700 xt FE vs 2070 Super FE

I want a full AMD build, but honestly, the 5700XT FE makes no sense, specially if you watch what everyone is talking about.
The card is just too hot and too loud. Basically any other AiB card is better. :/

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
I want a full AMD build, but honestly, the 5700XT FE makes no sense, specially if you watch what everyone is talking about.
The card is just too hot and too loud. Basically any other AiB card is better. :/
I’m in the same boat, wanting a full AMD build but so far none of the AMD AIB cards work well enough in the M1.... looking more likely I’ll hbe to get the 2070 super FE. I have a couple months to decide so will have to wait and see what else pops up.

Reactions: FelipoG

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I’m in the same boat, wanting a full AMD build but so far none of the AMD AIB cards work well enough in the M1.... looking more likely I’ll hbe to get the 2070 super FE. I have a couple months to decide so will have to wait and see what else pops up.

One AIB card that looks quite compatible with the M1 is Gigabyte's Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC (5700 version also available). Its dimensions are 279.85 mm x 114.35 mm x 49.55 mm (LxHxW). The length and height are fine. It is 2.5 slots thick so its dual fans will be close to the bottom of the M1 where it should be able to drawn in outside air. Only thin fans will fit between these cards and the bottom of the case, but these may not be needed. Of course, availability remains a problem with the AIB 5700 cards.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019

For a matter of principles (and stubbornness), I will NOT get an Nvidia (or Intel). It might hurt me, but we need to hurt then back.
What they did (holding tech back and selling us expensive shit) is not nice. Is their right, but not nice.
hehe

One AIB card that looks quite compatible with the M1 is Gigabyte's Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC (5700 version also available). Its dimensions are 279.85 mm x 114.35 mm x 49.55 mm (LxHxW). The length and height are fine. It is 2.5 slots thick so its dual fans will be close to the bottom of the M1 where it should be able to drawn in outside air. Only thin fans will fit between these cards and the bottom of the case, but these may not be needed. Of course, availability remains a problem with the AIB 5700 cards.

I'm super in doubt of:
- having a 2.5 fat card alone
- having a slim card with dual A15x25
- having a 2.3 card with slim dual A15x15

Waiting for reviews of the Asrock Challenger.

This Gigabyte looks nice also, any reviews around?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The MSI 5700 Evoke is 131 mm in height which leaves only 9 mm in the M1 for the PCI-E power cables and their connectors. The connectors alone are 10 mm tall on most power supply cables. In order to use the Evoke you will need low profile 90 degree PCI-E adapters such as the ones from Kareon Kables (also available on eBay).
It has recessed power connectors so it shouldn't have any difficulty fitting with the standard PCIe connectors. Also 129mm tall per the spec sheet, not 131mm.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
It has recessed power connectors so it shouldn't have any difficulty fitting with the standard PCIe connectors. Also 129mm tall per the spec sheet, not 131mm.

Clearly I'm either blind or can't read. Thanks for the correction and sorry for my mistake. I'm glad to see recessed power connectors on an MSI card.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hey now that the xfx thicc 2 is out you should add it to the list, although I'm 90% sure it's incompatible they really weren't lying about it being thicc
Added the XFX Thicc II and Raw II. The Thicc II will conflict with the front I/O due to the 55mm thickness at 293mm long, but it should fit with the ports removed. However, installation may still be difficult due to the 130mm height.

It's possible the Raw II may fit, but on paper the card is too thick for the height. At 140mm, it's at the height limit for the first 2.5 slots (~50mm), but it's that last 8mm at the bottom that may be a problem, as the cooler shroud could conflict with the clips that hold the side panel. Listing it as incompatible for now.

Last edited:

wanderingLlama

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2019
This one should fit
L=280.35 W=116.45 H=40.24 mm

Its available in Canada at the moment.

Linking it because the gaming oc version of the 2080 appears to be 10mm taller but with the same cooler design.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
The powercolor 5700xt red dragon and their budget ones will be perfect for 2 12x25 fans at the bottom (at 2 slots thick).

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is there any advantage of blower vs fan gpu in NCase?
Same as in any case: gets most of the heat produced by the GPU out of the case, at the cost of greater noise and worse GPU temperatures/lower boost clocks.

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
Same as in any case: gets most of the heat produced by the GPU out of the case, at the cost of greater noise and worse GPU temperatures/lower boost clocks.
Thank you! Just deciding which to buy

Last edited:

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
I'm also leaning to that, but I'm waiting for some good reviews to come out about the Challenger :)
I just bought 2070 super but am tempted to return and save money and go with the challenger ... just a little worried about all the driver issues with AMD

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I just bought 2070 super but am tempted to return and save money and go with the challenger ... just a little worried about all the driver issues with AMD
They are constantly updating now. The problems are going away. Still not as mature as Nvidia, but we need TO DEFEAT THE GREEN EVIL! ?