ncase m1 right usb port not working!

HK1

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
May 7, 2018
i just finished my ncase m1 build but the 2nd usb port doesn't work, i tried re-installing the drivers but that didn't fix the problem, i checked if all the pins are in place on the port and they are. the 19/20 pin header is connected properly too. what could be causing this?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Test it in another motherboard if you can, but it probably is defective. You can request a replacement from SFFLab.

HK1

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
May 7, 2018
im travelling right now so no motherboard for now
but i doubt that the motherboard is defective since 1 port works and the other doesn't, i think its a defective port, ill try using a multimeter. should i try removing the IO hub in the front?

Test it in another motherboard if you can, but it probably is defective. You can request a replacement from SFFLab.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I think Necere refers to the IO hub being defective, not your motherboard.
If you confirm it is the IO, you can contact SFFLab for a replacement.

Reactions: HK1

Maz

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2018
Which motherboard? I've got a SuperMicro board that deliberately disables one of the ports from its USB3 header, since it provides that one as an on-board port instead.

HK1

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
May 7, 2018
a
Which motherboard? I've got a SuperMicro board that deliberately disables one of the ports from its USB3 header, since it provides that one as an on-board port instead.
asus rog strix x470i