Advice Ncase M1 optimal Airflow setup

DreaMworX

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 12, 2019
Hi everyone. I am planning an air-cooled build inside the Ncase M1 and wanted to ask for some advice regarding the optimal airflow. There used to be an old post on the SFF forums detailing Airflow and fan setup but i cant find it anymore.

Would it be better to have setup 1 or 2?

1. install 2 fans under the GPU as INTAKE + a CPU cooler like the Noctua NH-L12s + 2 fans on the side panel as EXHAUST (like in the picture below)
  2. keep the fans under the GPU but get a more powerful CPU cooler like an NH-U9S with 2 fans that exhaust the air through the back and no fans on the side panel (I imagine this might create some turbulence)
My idea with the first setup is that the air would circulate better through the case and the CPU cooler wouldn't have to be that powerful because the case fans would help in pushing the hot air out faster.

I'm trying to find the best air-cooled setup for a 5600x and an RTX3080

DreaMworX

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 12, 2019
What model 3080?
EVGA XC3, i chose it because its a 2.2 slot card and I saw one guy fit 2 NF A12x15 fans under it

I also decided to go with the U9S with 2 fans as intake, the 2 fans under the GPU as intake as well and an additional A12x15 fan on the side panel as exhaust

D

Deleted member 23607

EVGA XC3, i chose it because its a 2.2 slot card and I saw one guy fit 2 NF A12x15 fans under it

I also decided to go with the U9S with 2 fans as intake, the 2 fans under the GPU as intake as well and an additional A12x15 fan on the side panel as exhaust

Ah got it.

U9S should intake from rear, one A9 mounted on rear of case, other A9 on the side of the cooler towards the front of the case. You can fit a A12x15 between U9S and side panel at the "rear" side fan mounting area and put an A12x25 / 25mm thick 120mm fan at the "front" side fan mounting location.

DreaMworX

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 12, 2019
You can fit a A12x15 between U9S and side panel at the "rear" side fan mounting area and put an A12x25 / 25mm thick 120mm fan at the "front" side fan mounting location.
will the 15mm fan between the cooler and side panel be useful? Doesn't seem like it would do much
BTW, thanks for the tips/advice

D

Deleted member 23607

will the 15mm fan between the cooler and side panel be useful? Doesn't seem like it would do much
BTW, thanks for the tips/advice
Helps get rid of hot air from the GPU. It's not much but if you're willing to spend another $20.