Ncase M1 v6.1 Cooling

Archael9

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Apr 17, 2020
I'm about to build my first sff pc and recently ordered my ncase. I've been doing as much research as possible for part sourcing, but I am hoping you guys can fill in some gaps in regards to optimal air cooling for this case, and help answer some questions

Current build specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: Asus ROG strix x-470i
RAM: 2x8gb Gskill trident z rgb
PSU: Corsair SF750 platinum
GPU: PNY RTX 2080ti blower (listed as compatible) https://www.pny.com/GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-11GB-Blower2
WD Black SN750 nvme m.2
samsung 860 evo 512gb ssd

I'm really curious about optimal cpu cooler and setup (intake v. exhaust). I understand the Noctua NH-C14s is somewhat the go-to, is that right or are their other strong contenders.
My main question was in regards to additional case fans that could be accommodated and how they interact with a blower card like mine. I've seen many builds utilizing 2x120mm fans, particularly the Nf-a12x15's, mounted at the bottom but with open-air cards. Would that setup help temps with a blower card, and if so, in what orientation? Any recommendations with my current equipment in mind are welcome!

djpfine

Efficiency Noob
Jun 23, 2020
What did you end up doing with your build?

I'm a first time builder planning an air-cooled v6.1. One of the recommended air cooling configs uses 3 fans: 2 for GPU intake + 1x120mm on the side bracket towards the front as intake. Seems like there's 3 options for the GPU intake:
  1. Keep stock GPU fans
  2. Deshroud GPU and use 2x120mm bottom case fans instead
  3. Use both stock GPU fans and 2x120mm bottom case fans
I'm using an R5 3600 + 5700 XT and want it to run as quiet as possible.