Log Ncase M1 vs nzxt h1

quei

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
Hi Folks

Actually i have not an real SFF PC which is pretty new :-D but after i have seen such nice sff builds i wanna covert my MONSTER PC into an sex SFF PC.
i was pretty impressed from this Video (optimum tech - Ncase M1) and actually i am not sure what i should do...

So i hope you can give me some advices or ideas how i should proceed.

ok, actually i have this Hardware in use:
1 x aorus geforce rtx 2080 ti xtreme waterforce
1 x i9-9900k

My mainboard will be replaced with an new one like the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING.

i am struggling at the moment what exactly i should do...
On one side i wanna use the nzxt h1 because its small, looks sexy and has some components (PSU, AIO) which i musst buy anyway.
On the other side i think the Ncase M1 is so sexy too and i can play around with the watercooling which makes real powerfull system.

i read a lot about the nzxt h1 which seems to have a little problem with the heating of the GPU.

so actually i see two options:
1. Replace my GPU with an FAN cooled one and buy the H1
2. Replace the Waterblock on my GPU and build my own Ncase M1 with watercooled CPU and GPU.

i have seen this video too but such an small RAD can never ever cool the i9-9900k and the 2080 ti...
So what do you think? better ideas?
i am also not 100% sure if i should replace the waterblock or i should exchange the card with an other one...

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Welcome to SFF world and its constraint on component selection.

Between Ncase M1 and H1, my answer is pretty easy Ncase M1 v6...without any doubt.(it is the king of versability for ITX setup.

However as you are ready to trade your gpu, you should wonder what case will suit you the best.
Sandwich style (Sliger SM series, Loque, Dan 4A) cases are offering great GPU compatibility (and best cooling) and smaller size. However you will need to stick to stock 9900K (or even slitghly undervolted/clocked)

It all depends on your needs and taste.

ps : Optimum tech video are great ..:)

quei

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
well to be clear i wanna stay on 2080ti i dont wanna go smaller like 2080 super or so.
actually the 9900k is not overclocked and for my point of view its strong enough :D
and it runs smooth with 55 C

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
well to be clear i wanna stay on 2080ti i dont wanna go smaller like 2080 super or so.
actually the 9900k is not overclocked and for my point of view its strong enough :D
and it runs smooth with 55 C
Well don’t worry, a case like sm560 can host 3 slots gpu...RTX 2080ti is easy to handle

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Hi Folks

Actually i have not an real SFF PC which is pretty new :-D but after i have seen such nice sff builds i wanna covert my MONSTER PC into an sex SFF PC.
i was pretty impressed from this Video (optimum tech - Ncase M1) and actually i am not sure what i should do...

So i hope you can give me some advices or ideas how i should proceed.

ok, actually i have this Hardware in use:
1 x aorus geforce rtx 2080 ti xtreme waterforce
1 x i9-9900k

My mainboard will be replaced with an new one like the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING.

i am struggling at the moment what exactly i should do...
On one side i wanna use the nzxt h1 because its small, looks sexy and has some components (PSU, AIO) which i musst buy anyway.
On the other side i think the Ncase M1 is so sexy too and i can play around with the watercooling which makes real powerfull system.

i read a lot about the nzxt h1 which seems to have a little problem with the heating of the GPU.

so actually i see two options:
1. Replace my GPU with an FAN cooled one and buy the H1
2. Replace the Waterblock on my GPU and build my own Ncase M1 with watercooled CPU and GPU.

i have seen this video too but such an small RAD can never ever cool the i9-9900k and the 2080 ti...
So what do you think? better ideas?
i am also not 100% sure if i should replace the waterblock or i should exchange the card with an other one...
Are you set on going itx? If you aren't, you should consider the Cerberus X. With the Cerberus X, you can fit dual 240mm aios while keeping your current atx motherboard and power supply. This way, you get the benefits of going SFF while keeping the majority of your components.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Are you set on going itx? If you aren't, you should consider the Cerberus X. With the Cerberus X, you can fit dual 240mm aios while keeping your current atx motherboard and power supply. This way, you get the benefits of going SFF while keeping the majority of your components.
Also very true...Cerberus-x remains a jewel for atx motherboard

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
I like both Cerberus (non X) and Ncase M1 V6, have both as I'm bouncing around between them. I'm currently using the Cerberus with two 240mm H100i RGB Platinums SE. Waiting to jump from my Vega Nano and 7700 to something more current, but two 240mm AIOs and two top 120mm exhausts are keeping the machine cool and quiet and it's enough for now. I pull air from bottom and front /w demcifilters, and have no vents on the sidepanels.

I also saw Optimum Tech's video on two 240mm rads custom loop in the M1, but I haven't started my build ... waiting on the rumored Cerberus Mini.

quei

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
Thanks for the feedbacks!
I have now placed the order for a ncase m1 ?

what do you think about this combi:
1 x kraken g12
2 x kraken x63

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
From what I quickly looked up x63 is a 280mm AIO. It won't fit in the M1. When it comes to AIO you will be limited to 240mm on the side of the case, and if it's not an expandable AIO you won't be able to loop in your GPU with a G12.

I had two AIOs in my M1, Corsair H55s. One was dedicated to CPU, and the other was attached to a bracket similar to the G12 to cool R9 Nano and Vega Nano. Both of the AIOs were 120mm and were attached to the side bracket with noctua fans to pull air in. On the bottom of the case I had two more 120mm noctuas pulling air in ... natural exhaust up top. That was enough given that I have a low spec machine 65W CPU and a nano card.

If you're looking to fit one or two 240mm radiators in the M1 to cool both CPU and GPU - you'll have to have a custom loop just like the video you linked in your original post. Someone can chime in if I'm incorrect.

Reactions: f0leyme1ster

quei

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
yes i posted the wrong model...
after some searches i found a better solution :thumb:
Here is my setup.

I go now with alpacool eisbaer lt240 & eiswolf GPX 240 both should fit with no problems!
Many thanks for you help here. Maybe i will post some photos when all things are delivered

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
Nice setup, looks like a big GPU? Does it come with it's own waterblock and radiator? If so, I'd make sure that'd fit ... especially if you're thinking of mounting a 240mm on the bottom; tubing, clearance and all. Your linked video shows a slim rad with slim fans ... you're also showing additional gpu waterblock?

quei

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
Nice setup, looks like a big GPU? Does it come with it's own waterblock and radiator?
The waterblock is preinstalled from the vendor but its just a waterblock with no radiator so in the actual setup i have a custom loop.

If so, I'd make sure that'd fit ... especially if you're thinking of mounting a 240mm on the bottom; tubing, clearance and all. Your linked video shows a slim rad with slim fans
tubing & clearance should not be a problem i found some reports from other users with the same card but a other waterblock on it.
and i found a post with a eisbaer lt240 & eiswolf GPX 240 mounted in an ncase m1 so it should all fit :D should...
target setting will be two 240 rads with two dedicated loops.
i have too the option to connect both loops with each other if one needs more cooling than the other.

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
Ok, that seems like a really tight fit if at all ... I'd be realy careful about rad thickness pump/res combo ...I on the other hand had very little room (like almost none) with an ITX sized GPU and two 120mm AIOs but that wasn't a custom loop. I might take the plunge and go full custom loop, but I'm still waiting to see what Cerberus Mini will be like.

Abhizit

Efficiency Noob
Jul 14, 2020
If you haven't reached a decision, try CoolerMaster NR200, simply it's XL sized Ncase M1 and in budget.. check out Optimum tech video