My new Ncase M1 build - see it here!

Little_Kitty

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 30, 2020
Great build pictures! I'm amazed there's so little space for the front panel connector, were you nervous about fitment when assembling it?

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
May I ask why you decided not to use the sodium’s fan headers for the bottom fans and where do you actually plugged them in ?

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
Don't know much about this since I have a v5 but do you really need the two 15mm fans under the GPU? Doesn't the v6 have better airflow for GPU?

p64imp

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 20, 2020
May I ask why you decided not to use the sodium’s fan headers for the bottom fans and where do you actually plugged them in ?
Sodium's fan headers? whats that?

I tried plugging them in to the fan header on the gpu, but they wouldnt spin up, so i instead paired them off the kraken fan headers.

p64imp

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 20, 2020
Don't know much about this since I have a v5 but do you really need the two 15mm fans under the GPU? Doesn't the v6 have better airflow for GPU?
More fans are always better. stacking a couple pull fans under the fans on the gpu forces cool air in, keeping it cool and preventing throttle (and extending life).

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Sodium's fan headers? whats that?

I tried plugging them in to the fan header on the gpu, but they wouldnt spin up, so i instead paired them off the kraken fan headers.
Sorry that was a mistyp, should have been SODIMM, and I meant the M2 card that has fan headers.

Zelfiris

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 28, 2020
Beautiful build! Do you find the AIO cables in the way when you try to put on the top case panel? Does it sit flush for you?

p64imp

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 20, 2020
Beautiful build! Do you find the AIO cables in the way when you try to put on the top case panel? Does it sit flush for you?
Thanks! The AIO cables are no problem. They fit quite nicely in the gap with no stress or strain on the case.

p64imp

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 20, 2020
Sorry that was a mistyp, should have been SODIMM, and I meant the M2 card that has fan headers.
honestly as i recall i used the fan headers from the aio, but i could have used the m2 fan headers. i'm not 100% in my memory of this as there were so so many connections ;)

Regardless they both do the job. fans spin at an optimal speed to keep the gpu ice cool and don't get loud at all. the nocturas honestly stay on par if not quieter than the stock 2080ti gpu fans, and the GPU tends to stay at around 30c or lower.

Reactions: MultiDoc

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
honestly as i recall i used the fan headers from the aio, but i could have used the m2 fan headers. i'm not 100% in my memory of this as there were so so many connections ;)

Regardless they both do the job. fans spin at an optimal speed to keep the gpu ice cool and don't get loud at all. the nocturas honestly stay on par if not quieter than the stock 2080ti gpu fans, and the GPU tends to stay at around 30c or lower.

thanks for the reply. I’m wondering if I should plug the Apogee in the motherboard header for pump or not ?Will it make a difference or is it the same if I plug it in another fan header ?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Wow, what a build! It is impressive just how much is in there. Not only a very large GTX 2080 Ti card, but a mini DTX motherboard, the SODIMM riser, extra rear and bottom fans, and a thick (15 mm ?) hard drive inside the front panel.

Do you have any tips for inserting such a large graphics card into the case?

Apiris

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 2, 2020
I ended up putting together an almost identical build (x53 instead of x52, different SSDs)

The GPU was a very tight fit, but just required me to zip tie the cables out of the way so it wasn't bumping against anything. I didn't need to remove the front panel or anything like that.

Also if you're using something that requires a USB 2 connection (like the x53), you're going to want to plug that wire in before inserting the GPU. Otherwise access is pretty much completely blocked unless you remove the GPU or use tweezers or something between the bottom fan blades.