More G-unique BTO PSUs are now available(direct order)

28th Nov 2018,announeced Gunique U0 experience suite price:

400watts set 199USD

500watts set 229USD

price include:

complete psu set(ultimate modded brick,1x 1.8M 10awg dc cable,1x archdaemon limited internal psu,1x MB tray,1x riser card ,1x cpu 8pin cable,1x pcie 8pin cable),1x case/enclousre,shipping to usa(other country+10usd),

upgrade option:
2nd pcie 8pin cable+4.99usd,
8awg dc cable+sleeving in black +9.99usd,
2x2.5 disk bay and 2x12cm sata cable 24.99usd

this month's order will ship in next month

order method:
  1. PM me @guryhwa or send me an email 9842677@qq.com ,or join our discord group telling the hardware configuration and case model,and what kind of basic unit you like to use,the detail cable requirement,what power of adaptor,etc,anything would help me to built to your order.also your shipping address to check the shipping rate for you(mostly via sf-express);
  2. if everything is confirmed,I will send you an invoice via paypal,after you paid it,you order will be arranged asap ,usually it will take about 5-7 days to ship.

all G-unique PSUs are handmake/handcraft of Gury,who is running a one person SMPS workshop.

prices of parts and custom options:
Base unit (12V-in type,no cables)
  • TYPE C,code name Arch Deamon,$49.99,suitable for 120watts-500watts
  • PCB height 27mm
  • Main componets introduce:21 pcs KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,2 pcs WE 1090 Inductors ,TI NexFet powerblock,2 toshiba P-mos for 12V loadswitch(4mR Rdson) ,1 infineon mos for 5V load switch;
Arch Deamon can be upgraded ($24.99)to limited edition by add an additional TaCap armor with 28 KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,which make total 49 pcs T520 polymer tantalum !

• to be continued
cables and connectors:
all cables can be customized and soldered to the basic unit,so it is reliable , killed the loss of connector,withstand for large current.

• Default cables set:
    • [20cm CPU 4+4pin cable,(20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables (20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [DC input cable with 5.5*2.5 DCjack,30cm 16awg black or white Silicone Wire] +$4.99
    • Custom Cables Length & Connectors (change length,add PCIE 6+2,CPU 8pin,SATA,4pin peripherals)+$4.99 for each set;(t the PCIE cable are soldered to a tiny load-switch behind the dc-jack pcb which is sync. with the basic unit,so count the PCIE cable 's length from dc-jack

• Custom DC Jack +$9.99 ,Dell dedicated 8pin:

• Custom DC Jack 7.4*5.0,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99:,
    • Custom DC Jack 4pin Din,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99
    • Custom DC Jack :GX-16,GX-12 aviation plug,S4 mini DC-jack with 14AWG DC cable ,+$19.99
Power adaptor
  • Power adaptor
    • 300w $59.99 STD version (12V25A,Modded Delta OEM,DELL brick,100-240Vac input,original plastic case and 8pin dc cable :3 pairs of 16awgs +1pair 26awg DC output wire)
    • Ultimate version 400watts $89.99(12V>=34A),450watts $99.99(12V>=38A)Fix and Mod for high temp operation and high reliability,main unit's effiency higher than 80plus platinum,220Vac in,half load )
    • All Ultimate dell brick's dimension is 20cm*9.4cm*3.9cm ALuminun case DC cable of 1 pair of 10awg silicone wire XT90 dcjack(45 amper rated,90 amper peak),500watts brick with 1 pair of 8awg silicone wire,500watts brick is installed dual 3.5cm ultra silent panasonic fans(with temp controlled RPM),other fans mod is an option of 19.99USD
    • secondary spare brick will get a 20% discount.
    • Higher power brick/internal psu can be customized
    • pls prepare a C14 ac cord cable yourself~
    • every dell Brick are modded to increase its efficieny,enhanced its internal heat spreading rate,every modded brick have over-current-protection,short-circuit-protection,over-voltage-protection,over-temp-protection.and they have their own safety certification required by DELL.
warranty:
any basic unit:3 years ,return and repair;anybrick 1 years,return and replace;user pays return shipping
build samples:
1,Arch DEaMon 120watts set with Default cables,Dcjack is 5.5*2.5 type:

2,typc A basic unit 400 watts set,with one 6+2 pin PCI-E connector,4+4pin CPU connector,and 2 sata connectors.input 8 pin(2 M3 screws)DC jack.the PCI-E cable is soldered on the Load switch PCB(On/Off synced. with basic unit) right behind the DC jack,and it ismuch safer than other pcie direct connected to VGA method,for the house-keeping supervisory ship on basic unit will monitor the input voltage,if trigger an OVP,it will shut down the PCIE power:

3,ArchDEaMON limited edition(No1) 400watts set ,Dell dedicated 8pin DC-jack with C14 BRK:

4,VX set for PCfi CAS,5.5*2.5 DCjack ,linear regulator in.so you can compare Gunique PSU with other band's PICO things.by constomized directly soldered cable,Gunique saved lot of precious and limited space on the basic unit,and offer you more and more components like capacitors ,mosfets etc. to increase performance(not by those big,cheap connectors).
and cause it is 12V-in type PSU,it generates little heat that it dont need any heatsink to cover.

5,Arch Deamon limited edition (No2)+ultimate version Modded brick ,dual pci-e 6+2pin VGA cable witn one changable,this set can run i7+1080ti or titan pascal:

to be continued

Last edited:

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
What is the difference in performance between Type-C and Type-D?

How high of a wattage is the unlimited version of the Dell brick?

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
What is the difference in performance between Type-C and Type-D?

How high of a wattage is the unlimited version of the Dell brick?

So I had a pretty long email chain with him and purchase his arch daemon with the limited edition. From what I can tell the difference between the two are the amount of capacitors.

I asked what the difference between the limited edition:

"the difference between arch deamon and limited edition,is that the latter was designed and used much more high-grade components aiming for the hightest output quality of every rails voltage to get a more stable,reliable performance ,especially in worst conditions,such as high temp,heavy load and continue working."

If you follow the same thought with the different types I would say the next one up has more heat resistance since they are both rated the wattage. Type d has more capacitors than the type c.

I also asked about the unlimited Dell brick and was told it will output whatever is being drawn by the system. However he did say since it is passively cooled it can overheat and limit it's output so to treat it as a rated 400w peak 500 watt brick. I'll be more than happy to forward the emails if people are interested. I will also do a review once I get them.

I ordered
Arch daemon limited edition
Unlimited brick
With standard cabling.

Last edited:

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
However he did say since it is passively cooled it can overheat and limit it's output so to treat it as a rated 400w peak 500 watt brick.

There we go, no such thing as unlimited :p

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Oh for sure, 500W should cover the vast majority of builds in a case that requires a brick. But I'm just a fan of accurate specs.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Sorry if these are dumb questions, but is it possible to order a PSU with two 6+2 PCIe connectors? Also, are all the cables soldered on to the board or are they detachable?

Would a 500W continuous load brick be possible?

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Sorry if these are dumb questions, but is it possible to order a PSU with two 6+2 PCIe connectors? Also, are all the cables soldered on to the board or are they detachable?

Would a 500W continuous load brick be possible?

Just talked to him. You can get additional cables and yes they are soldered so they cannot be interchanged.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Just talked to him. You can get additional cables and yes they are soldered so they cannot be interchanged.

Thanks very much!

Yes, he has and can modify an ACBEL MacPro 450W to 12VDC 500W. It will require a slow fan for cooling, so just be aware of that.

I see. That's an internal power supply though, I'm not sure I'd want that on the outside even if it's modded. So I am guessing 400W is the limit to what you can cool passively. I'd definitely want a passively cooled sealed brick, that's one of the main advantages of external bricks. No noise, no dust.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Sorry, my original post was totally not helpful.

I talked with guryhwa, as I was trying to figure this out also:

• 120W: 5.5 x 2.5 mm DC jack
  • 220W and greater: 8-pin (C14 adapter, and two other styles)
8-pin to C14 adapter is available by request.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acalanata

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
That 400w type c pico style psu seems tempting. Pardon my lack of faith but is that risky? Youd think people like HDPlex would have something similar to that out by now...

if anyone could provide a review/voltage measurements/the usual I'd be more than glad to shell out cash for one of those units and a brick.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Is there a CPU-only wattage limitation? Would a 140W or more CPU work?

As long as the total power consumption is within the rated limit of the DC-ATX and AC-DC, any CPU should be fine.

That 400w type c pico style psu seems tempting. Pardon my lack of faith but is that risky? Youd think people like HDPlex would have something similar to that out by now...

These can go to very high wattages in a small package because it's mostly just passing on the 12V from the AC-DC.

The HDPLEX unit on the other hand accepts 16-24V DC input and converts it to 12V (plus the other rails like all DC-ATX but they're low amperage) so the heat generated from that limits the wattage it can achieve in the direct-plug form factor.

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
As long as the total power consumption is within the rated limit of the DC-ATX and AC-DC, any CPU should be fine.

These can go to very high wattages in a small package because it's mostly just passing on the 12V from the AC-DC.

The HDPLEX unit on the other hand accepts 16-24V DC input and converts it to 12V (plus the other rails like all DC-ATX but they're low amperage) so the heat generated from that limits the wattage it can achieve in the direct-plug form factor.

So I could just plug this into a z270i with a 6600k and a 1070 and it would chug along the same? Im this close to buying one haha. Im a layman when it comes to rails and the such. I just dont want a 1k+ build to blow up :(

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
So you'd be looking at the Type-B or up, and at least the 300W brick or preferably the 400W to have some overhead at full load.

I don't have any experience with these units myself so I'm not guaranteeing it won't blow up, but other people here have been happy with their units.

Reactions: Acalanata