• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
I made a mistake, the PSU rails on the NANOQ S and R are different, the former has a mounting hole on top of the rail, while the latter has a mounting hole on the end of the rail (center point of the stainless steel bar). Meaning it’s not possible to add a simple extra rail. However; an L-bracket that gets connected to the PSU rails and has dedicated PSU screws holes should work. But the 3D printed version should be pretty thick, otherwise there’s a risk of it breaking under the weight of the PSU. As for a future addon, it would likely be 2 CNCd parts so it’s properly robust.

Also, the power connector sticks up roughly 17mm above the PSU, haven’t measured exactly how much it would invade the front fan space yet, but I’d think you loose the opportunity to use a 120x25 fan and instead need to go for 120x15.
I would buy that CNCed bracket (assuming it was properly fitted for SFX-L)

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The list shows how good your call was to postpone the release for after the reviews. The changes seem small, but it's the small details that take a product from great to excelent.

Yeah it makes so much difference, you truly learn a lot when 10+ additional / unbiased people have a look at your stuff and scrutinize through every detail. These small fixes cost absolutely nothing extra but will make the experience so much better. Speaking with Matt yesterday, I was mind-blown, that guy went millimeter by millimeter through every part of the case and noted down each point (he worked with super cars before so I guess that's the reason for his attention to detail).

I would buy that CNCed bracket (assuming it was properly fitted for SFX-L)

I'll test it out once production gets going, see if it can do both SFX and SFX-L (it should if it's possible to make it shiftable back and forth towards the front).

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yeah it makes so much difference, you truly learn a lot when 10+ additional / unbiased people have a look at your stuff and scrutinize through every detail. These small fixes cost absolutely nothing extra but will make the experience so much better. Speaking with Matt yesterday, I was mind-blown, that guy went millimeter by millimeter through every part of the case and noted down each point (he worked with super cars before so I guess that's the reason for his attention to detail).
Is that Mr Matt Lee? I hope so as I have really become a fan of his channel, some cool builds and incredible video work.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Is that Mr Matt Lee? I hope so as I have really become a fan of his channel, some cool builds and incredible video work.

Yes exactly, by the looks on Twitter his video should be up sometime tomorrow. Funny story in itself, a guy on Instagram proposed this collab and saw it take place in a matter of minutes. Then FedEx, out of the blue, shipped his case in literally 1 day 😂

IMG_1047.jpeg

sjparker

Efficiency Noob
May 15, 2022
Almost correct, for NANOQ S the NH-L12S need a 19mm shift (70mm cooler height - 51mm NANOQ has on default). This decreases GPU width by 19mm, so 63-19 = 44mm left for the GPU :)

Thanks a lot. Got the case on preorder now. I've had to make some adjustments to the build in the NanoQ S to build to accommodate the hardware I'm buying. My understanding now is that keeping the spine in the norm position, I can fit a MSI GAMING TRIO CLASSIC RX 7900 XTX (as linked on your compatibility page) and a 47mm CPU air cooler?

• Love

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Thanks a lot. Got the case on preorder now. I've had to make some adjustments to the build in the NanoQ S to build to accommodate the hardware I'm buying. My understanding now is that keeping the spine in the norm position, I can fit a MSI GAMING TRIO CLASSIC RX 7900 XTX (as linked on your compatibility page) and a 47mm CPU air cooler?

Thanks so much for the support and big welcome on board! Yes, those are all compatible together :)

Reactions: sjparker

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

I love the shot when he was installing the motherboard and the camera was moving through the outer shell.

damm... the mess I made all over myself after seeing that video.

The production quality is just on another level. Youtubers have come a long way.

That was so good I had to take a rest, wow, I don't get how you can explain almost everything without saying a single word. Certainly a unique and awesome approach I don't think I've seen in the sff space. What a master of lighting, angles, camera word and detail. Completely mind blown!

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
That was so good I had to take a rest, wow, I don't get how you can explain almost everything without saying a single word. Certainly a unique and awesome approach I don't think I've seen in the sff space. What a master of lighting, angles, camera word and detail. Completely mind blown!
Really cool to see someone build in the NanoQ S with an SFX-L PSU. I was hoping he would use an AIO, but it was cool to see the basic fitment IRL

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Really cool to see someone build in the NanoQ S with an SFX-L PSU. I was hoping he would use an AIO, but it was cool to see the basic fitment IRL

Yeah he told me that he initially wanted to play to its strength (AIO), but he thought Devyn already did such a good job with that and wanted to test an all air-cooled build. I’m actually very thankful he did, because he pointed out to me that we neglected air cooled builds a bit by not including the proper amount of long screws to fix 3 120x25 fans (without radiators). So I went over the screw box again and added that in (together with a hex tool). All in all, the guy has such a good eyes for details and we went through everything with me during our 2h, I’ve never experienced that before and very thankful he wanted to share so much.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

God morgon, I’ll just post my email to Jay, covers it all:

“Hi Jay, watched your last video and happy to say that most of your struggles have been dealt with already. I’ll address your new points and include a pdf of all fixes (not just the ones mentioned below).

1. Riser snag
- We’ve added a chamfer along a pesky internal edge of the shell, this should remove most of the potential “riser chop” in case somebody quickly puts the shell on. We’ll also put a clear note in the user manual, guiding the user to put the shell on slowly and carefully.

image0.jpeg

2. Handles stability
- When used to stand the case up (not just carry it), it’s important that it’s placed on a hard surface and that it’s sitting on the 4 included rubber rings. These rings help disperse the weight evenly between themselves, as the Handles in themselves aren’t perfectly flat which creates a lot of instability.

3. Cables
- The cables we tailor-fit with BespokeBaka were intended for triple fan cards without fans on the back. However, this opened our eyes, as many people with NVIDIA FE cards will want to do your orientation on the PSU, so I’m going to talk to Joe if he can make variants for that PSU orientation.

4. Spine shift
- Relocated / added a couple of threaded holes on the front panel. Now the spine can be in absolutely any position between 4- and 2-slot GPUs. Good to note, there’s a 4th screw on the shifting back panel that doesn’t have a slot (instead it has a dedicated screw hole with 1-slot spacing); this screw isn’t necessary, 3 are more than enough, but we added in a 4th one for symmetry. Will evaluate again if we can put a slot there, but if we could it would have likely been added (best to double check though).

5. Empty looking front
- There’s a front mesh included with every case (you should have one as well), which creates more contrast and removes the industrial vibe. Still lets through plenty of air and works great with fans.

6. Flippable front column
- If you want the rad to be on top, now it’s possible to flip the front bar with the branding as well (so it’s not upside down).

7. Fan screws
- We’ve included 8 additional long countersunk sCrews (and washers), which lets the user either mount standalone fans to the radiator / fan rail, or mount the radiator above the fans like you wanted to do. All of the long screws will be slightly longer as well.

Bonus point - flathead screws
- I’m talking specifically about the screws that fasten the Handles. 2 reasons why they are flatheads: (1) this screw is flathead by its standard (DIN 920) and we would like to use standard screws in case a user wants to get new ones years in the future for some reason, (2) as you have noted you kind of come in at an angle when removing them, so our thinking is that flathead is less likely to get damaged than hex in this scenario. However, we are looking into switching all screws over to hex (even the Philips ones) and including a hex tool, so we may be able to make these Handles screws hex as well since the tool doesn’t need to come in at an angle.

All fixes: https://thor-zone.com/manuals/THORZONE-NANOQ-Updates.pdf

Production begins in 5 days so we’ve been going back and forth over the cases and addressing every issue we can find. Can’t wait to send you the updated on in May! :)

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
so I simply cannot stand this jayz dude. I was going to bite the bullet and watch the video, but 2 minutes into it he is already insulting the guy that makes the cables. I'm not watching further unless someone here tells me it's worth the pain.

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
so I simply cannot stand this jayz dude. I was going to bite the bullet and watch the video, but 2 minutes into it he is already insulting the guy that makes the cables. I'm not watching further unless someone here tells me it's worth the pain.
Jay is an old-head watercooling and PC Build enthusiast. He's earned his stripes, but he's definitely not in super deep on the SFF scene like Optimum or some of the younger guys are. He for sure went in with less info than he should have and probably should have reached out to Alex and Baka to confirm parts and fitment between his pre-pro version and the production ones and make sure he understood the limitations before just trying to slap parts in and go to town.

Last edited:

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
Jay is an old-head watercooling and PC Build enthusiast. He's earned his stripes, but he's definitely not in super deep on the SFF scene like Optimum or some of the younger guys are. He for sure went in with less info than he should have and probably should have reached out to Alex and Baka to confirm parts and fitment between his pre-pro version and the production ones and make understand the limitations before just trying to slap parts in and go to town.
His problem is that he never reads the manuals or reviewers guides, so he always does the dumbest things as a result. I still watch his stuff, but a lot of these youtubers are surprisingly incompetent. At least Alex is competent enough to focus on the constructive criticism and turn a blind eye to their dumbassery XD