• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
On the front of the S there’s room for a 27mm thick radiator or a 120x25mm fan, depending on your GPU (GPU length above 298mm starts to creep into the available space for the front rad / fan) :)

what if we use the unorthodox psu orientation, how much space is there ( taking into account the height of the psu power cable ) ?

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
what if we use the unorthodox psu orientation, how much space is there ( taking into account the height of the psu power cable ) ?
I'm using an SFX-L PSU and I'm sincerely hoping I can use the rotated orientation shown on the NanoQ R (90 degree rotation - cables facing motherboard) to help alleviate the cable mess and use the shortest cables possible. You could probably get away with a really short GPU cable in that orientation as well, if ThorZone is able to create a bracket to support it

Last edited:
Reactions: wahussamit

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I’ve looked more into this for the S, basically it would require 2 extra stainless steel rods. One for having the PSU connectors toward to motherboard and one to have the PSU connectors towards the front of the case. Feels like the former is the most logical?

If one is unnecessary then we only need 1.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
Indeed I think having the psu cables towards the front seems stupid as then one has to route then back to the board.
Are you planning to add this option to the case? Also, did you check how much extra space this adds between the psu and front of the case?

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
I’ve looked more into this for the S, basically it would require 2 extra stainless steel rods. One for having the PSU connectors toward to motherboard and one to have the PSU connectors towards the front of the case. Feels like the former is the most logical?

If one is unnecessary then we only need 1.
I (and I imagine most people) would definitely prefer the cables facing the motherboard. That makes the most sense and eliminates the need for longer cables.

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
Indeed I think having the psu cables towards the front seems stupid as then one has to route then back to the board.
Are you planning to add this option to the case? Also, did you check how much extra space this adds between the psu and front of the case?
In the NANOQ S with an SFX PSU, If the PSU is rotated 90 degrees (cables now facing mobo), the right angle plug would now be toward the front of the case, which means you probably wouldn’t get much in the way of space savings (for a fan for instance), if I’m not mistaken.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
In the NANOQ S with an SFX PSU, If the PSU is rotated 90 degrees (cables now facing mobo), the right angle plug would now be toward the front of the case, which means you probably wouldn’t get much in the way of space savings (for a fan for instance), if I’m not mistaken.
Yes. But the height of the cable is much smaller when compared with the diference bewteen the sides of the PSU ( for the SF750 the difference is 25mm ).

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
Many right angle connectors for PSU‘s are roughly an inch (~25mm) thick (external). If somehow this connector is closer to a half inch, then you could ostensibly fit an extra 10 mm of fan depth.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
In addition to the replacement parts, we will compensate all those who received defects when the NANOQ launches.

I will check if we have any spare panels in stock, because I want you to enjoy the MJOLNIR and I am sorry for the experience.
FYI this was sent to affected backers:

A while ago, you pre-ordered a MJOLNIR, which ended up arriving with defects, and then you waited a very long time for the replacement parts. We are so sorry for taking you through that experience, and we promise to do better! Hopefully, you still found joy in it in the end, perhaps you still use it today. Nevertheless, we want to give you something as a token of our apology.

If you have followed the development of NANOQ and were interested in placing a pre-order — the Carbon Front addon is yours for free! Just reply to this email and we will add it (or refund you the difference if you have already pre-ordered).

P.S. If you don’t plan on pre-ordering NANOQ, don’t worry; we will come up with some other gift for you during our future product launches.

/Alex & Denize

-
So either you get the 'compensation' by buying a whole other case from them, or you wait for another product launch. Feels like another slap in the face. Lies on top of mountains of lies. Well done.

• Sad
Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

I (and I imagine most people) would definitely prefer the cables facing the motherboard. That makes the most sense and eliminates the need for longer cables.

I made a mistake, the PSU rails on the NANOQ S and R are different, the former has a mounting hole on top of the rail, while the latter has a mounting hole on the end of the rail (center point of the stainless steel bar). Meaning it’s not possible to add a simple extra rail. However; an L-bracket that gets connected to the PSU rails and has dedicated PSU screws holes should work. But the 3D printed version should be pretty thick, otherwise there’s a risk of it breaking under the weight of the PSU. As for a future addon, it would likely be 2 CNCd parts so it’s properly robust.

Also, the power connector sticks up roughly 17mm above the PSU, haven’t measured exactly how much it would invade the front fan space yet, but I’d think you loose the opportunity to use a 120x25 fan and instead need to go for 120x15.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
so you are saying that one gets even less space in the front?

Depends, the blue is the CNCd bracket idea, so front space will decrease if the power connector (red) goes beyond the green line. Hopefully not, since we use very low-profile power connectors.

Untitled-1.jpg

Reactions: turboleak

sjparker

Efficiency Noob
May 15, 2022
Hi - Is there anywhere to find the dimensions for GPU width and CPU height compatibility with the different spine locations for the NanoQ S?

Thanks,

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi - Is there anywhere to find the dimensions for GPU width and CPU height compatibility with the different spine locations for the NanoQ S?

Thanks,

Yes, at the bottom of the NANOQ page under specs, the NORM values is when the spine is not shifted, MIN / MAX show the spaces when the spine is maximally shifted. Note that the spine shift is continuous, so any values between NORM -> MIN or NORM -> MAX can be achieved.

sjparker

Efficiency Noob
May 15, 2022
Yes, at the bottom of the NANOQ page under specs, the NORM values is when the spine is not shifted, MIN / MAX show the spaces when the spine is maximally shifted. Note that the spine shift is continuous, so any values between NORM -> MIN or NORM -> MAX can be achieved.

Ok so just to confirm. Am I right in thinking that in order to fit a NH-L12S it has to use a spine shift, which gives you 43mm max width on the GPU side?

Thanks,

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Ok so just to confirm. Am I right in thinking that in order to fit a NH-L12S it has to use a spine shift, which gives you 43mm max width on the GPU side?

Thanks,

Almost correct, for NANOQ S the NH-L12S need a 19mm shift (70mm cooler height - 51mm NANOQ has on default). This decreases GPU width by 19mm, so 63-19 = 44mm left for the GPU :)

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
Depends, the blue is the CNCd bracket idea, so front space will decrease if the power connector (red) goes beyond the green line. Hopefully not, since we use very low-profile power connectors.

View attachment 3204

After analizing your drawing skills I am starting to become a bit worried. 😂

Why not use the same way of attaching it to the case as you showed on the R two pages back? Seems a better way because it saves the height of the bracket.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
After analizing your drawing skills I am starting to become a bit worried. 😂

Why not use the same way of attaching it to the case as you showed on the R two pages back? Seems a better way because it saves the height of the bracket.

Because the PSU rails on S and R get mounted in different points (for S it's through the diameter of the PSU rail, while for R it's through the length of the PSU rail). Don't worry, in cad I only have to make straight lines, radiuses and set dimensions haha ;)

Reactions: turboleak