• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
This brings up and interesting question. Will an SFX-L power supply fit in the NanoQ S with a 240mm AIO and standard 25mm fans or will slim fans be necessary?

At standard 27mm AIO radiator thickness, I'd say definitely slim fans:

Skärmbild 2024-01-26 111158.png
Skärmbild 2024-01-26 111214.png
Skärmbild 2024-01-26 111235.png

SFX will make your life a lot easier in the NANOQ S (especially when combined with short custom cables).

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
At standard 27mm AIO radiator thickness, I'd say definitely slim fans:

View attachment 3138
View attachment 3139
View attachment 3140

SFX will make your life a lot easier in the NANOQ S (especially when combined with short custom cables).
I’m already using an SFX-L power supply, so I have to work around that element. I do have custom short cables though. Maybe I can get away with the setup from the most recent video review.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I’m already using an SFX-L power supply, so I have to work around that element. I do have custom short cables though. Maybe I can get away with the setup from the most recent video review.

What PSU model have you got?

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
What PSU model have you got?
The ASUS Loki 1000W: https://rog.asus.com/us/power-supply-units/rog-loki/rog-loki-1000p-sfx-l-gaming-model/

DImensions are SFX-L : 125 x 125 x 63.5 mm

I will have to buy a new AIO for this build since my old 280 rad won't fit. Any recommendations on what AIO models might be best for a SFX-L PSU + 4090fe + 240mm AIO build are much appreciated.

From the suggested AIO list on your webpage, the Kraken 240 and the DeepCool LT520 are the two I'm currently consider, just not sure if they will fit.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The ASUS Loki 1000W: https://rog.asus.com/us/power-supply-units/rog-loki/rog-loki-1000p-sfx-l-gaming-model/

DImensions are SFX-L : 125 x 125 x 63.5 mm

I will have to buy a new AIO for this build since my old 280 rad won't fit. Any recommendations on what AIO models might be best for a SFX-L PSU + 4090fe + 240mm AIO build are much appreciated.

From the suggested AIO list on your webpage, the Kraken 240 and the DeepCool LT520 are the two I'm currently consider, just not sure if they will fit.

For NANOQ S I’d suggest an AIO that doesn’t require a spine shift and is 27mm thick. The Kraken one and DeepCool require a spine shift, which will remove 4090 compatibility. If you don’t want to get our Asetek AIOs, please choose an AIO that has a pump block height of 51mm max.

IMG_0816.jpeg

kuj0

Trash Compacter
Jul 11, 2023
For NANOQ S I’d suggest an AIO that doesn’t require a spine shift and is 27mm thick. The Kraken one and DeepCool require a spine shift, which will remove 4090 compatibility. If you don’t want to get our Asetek AIOs, please choose an AIO that has a pump block height of 51mm max.

View attachment 3161
Thanks for the details!
Based on that criteria, it looks like there are a few options on this list that might work (ASUS STRIX LC II 240, Fractal Lumen S24 V2, Phanteks Glacier One 240).

I'll have a dig through!

EDIT: Attached the list I forgot to link originally.

Last edited:
  • Love

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Feel free to suggest any additions to the compatibility lists guys, would be super happy to add, will add the ones @kuj0 mentioned. Can be anything from GPUs, AIOs to air coolers.

Btw keep your eyes on ModsByBen, LiquidHaus and Devyn Johnston in the coming days, as well as a couple of others I'll reveal soon ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: kuj0 and rfarmer

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
Feel free to suggest any additions to the compatibility lists guys, would be super happy to add, will add the ones @kuj0 mentioned. Can be anything from GPUs, AIOs to air coolers.

Btw keep your eyes on ModsByBen, LiquidHaus and Devyn Johnston in the coming days, as well as a couple of others I'll reveal soon ;)
but have you stocked up on daim pie

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Love

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Haven’t been that excited + tired in a long time, it was a fun 4 hours, thanks for joining the stream guys 🙏 Would need to timestamp it soon

Reactions: turboleak

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Did anybody get shadow banned during the stream like @turboleak? This is my second time streaming ever, I’m a YouTube noob, and had a “auto moderation” option enabled by default 🤦🏻‍♂️ So damn frustrating, if you got affected I want to let you know that I’m sorry and that you did absolutely nothing wrong.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
call me crazy but why not rotate the PSU 90 degrees so that the PSU connectors face the motherboard connectors? this would allow for a much shorter, almost straight 24pin cable, and more space on the front of the case for maybe a rad with fan?
The exhaust of the PSU would be the front of the case but that's not a problem is there is a rad with fan there that is taking air from inside the case.

For this crazy configuration the only thing needed is a bracket for the PSU, that can be supplied or even better, 3D printed!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
call me crazy but why not rotate the PSU 90 degrees so that the PSU connectors face the motherboard connectors? this would allow for a much shorter, almost straight 24pin cable, and more space on the front of the case for maybe a rad with fan?
The exhaust of the PSU would be the front of the case but that's not a problem is there is a rad with fan there that is taking air from inside the case.

For this crazy configuration the only thing needed is a bracket for the PSU, that can be supplied or even better, 3D printed!

Wow I’ve never even thought of that! However, that should work in the NANOQ R even now 🤯 Going to try

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
Haven’t been that excited + tired in a long time, it was a fun 4 hours, thanks for joining the stream guys 🙏 Would need to timestamp it soon
can't belive i missed that where i can finde it so i can watch it never mind found it