• RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Your BORG will be sent now with tracking on Monday. IF your replacement parts consist of a Shell, then yes it will take another 1-2 weeks depending on how fast the new magnets arrive. IF your replacement parts doesn’t include a shell then they will be sent now as well with tracking on Monday.

Good work, Alex. You realized the problem, and are still shipping the Borg on the original two week schedule, separate of bundling the it with replacement parts. I like to see this commitment. You're making good strides with this. I also like that you are giving relatively firm dates.

Set the goals, step by step, and complete them. Your products are excellent, and you are getting better at logistics.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Okay, got news regarding the magnets and replacement shells. Our magnet supplier had 700 units in stock and the remaining 300 will take 7 days to manufacture. I am assuming this is 7 business days, so we expect to get them to our factory by Wednesday next week. It will take 2-3 days to glue all the magnets to the shells and pack them up. 1 transporting and handling at our freight forwarder and 3 days to get and distribute tracking numbers. So July 11:th is the target for having sent all tracking numbers for the replacement shells.

Regarding todays target date to send out tracking for all other orders. Last week 2 days were holidays in China, so I'm getting the tracking numbers from our freight forwarder tomorrow rather than today. Since Denize is on a small vacation, I'm sending them out myself (and there are quite many). I expect to take Tuesday + Wednesday + (potentially) thursday to finish. This means some people should already start getting tracking numbers tomorrow.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Okay, got news regarding the magnets and replacement shells. Our magnet supplier had 700 units in stock and the remaining 300 will take 7 days to manufacture. I am assuming this is 7 business days, so we expect to get them to our factory by Wednesday next week. It will take 2-3 days to glue all the magnets to the shells and pack them up. 1 transporting and handling at our freight forwarder and 3 days to get and distribute tracking numbers. So July 11:th is the target for having sent all tracking numbers for the replacement shells.

Regarding todays target date to send out tracking for all other orders. Last week 2 days were holidays in China, so I'm getting the tracking numbers from our freight forwarder tomorrow rather than today. Since Denize is on a small vacation, I'm sending them out myself (and there are quite many). I expect to take Tuesday + Wednesday + (potentially) thursday to finish. This means some people should already start getting tracking numbers tomorrow.

Alex, this is excellent communication. Keep up the good work. These are reasonable issues and the fact you're stepping up and handling it while Denize is on vacay is excellent.

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
@AlexTzone how are the last tracking numbers coming along?
I haven't seen anything yet.
Order #2134-B2 or #3011-B2. Not sure which you're using..
Hmmm… remember it’s the weekend for him. He does need a few days off, and some of the shippers don’t work on weekends.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone how are the last tracking numbers coming along?
I haven't seen anything yet.
Order #2134-B2 or #3011-B2. Not sure which you're using..

Will finish them on Monday, but everything has shipped :) Found a spare Booster Cell FPC for you 🙌 And the O2 mesh and riser ofc.

Last edited:

jhuylebroeck

Cable Smoosher
Nov 26, 2019
I'm sorry that come here complaining about customer service once more. I don't intend to complain in public, I just want @AlexTzone to deliver as promised. I've sent a reponse and 3 reminders, but he's not getting back to me.

Even though I still feel treated incorrectly with the whole "fake PCIe 4.0 riser" debacle, I yielded?

But @AlexTzone and Denize, have yet to correct the invoice that was incorrectly sent to my personal address, to my company address. I have been asking this for over 1.5 years, and am still waiting even though they agreed to do it...

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm sorry that come here complaining about customer service once more. I don't intend to complain in public, I just want @AlexTzone to deliver as promised. I've sent a reponse and 3 reminders, but he's not getting back to me.

Even though I still feel treated incorrectly with the whole "fake PCIe 4.0 riser" debacle, I yielded?

But @AlexTzone and Denize, have yet to correct the invoice that was incorrectly sent to my personal address, to my company address. I have been asking this for over 1.5 years, and am still waiting even though they agreed to do it...

Very sorry for this, please check your inbox and see if you've received the correct stuff now.

Thanks for everything you're doing. I'll keep being patient.

Sorry something extremely urgent came up today, but me and Denize will both work together and finish sending out all tracking numbers first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks Alex,

I recif mine today.

That's awesome, really hope you enjoy them! :D

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Sorry something extremely urgent came up today, but me and Denize will both work together and finish sending out all tracking numbers first thing tomorrow morning.
I received mine early this morning. Thank you for your persistence on getting all info out. It seems like a tedious task.

Hopefully whatever urgency arose was not too dire.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Just to write back that I have also received the package today. I'm not sure what I expected for the replacement of the chipped glass panels, but I had a little chuckle when I unpackaged to find literally two panels of glass. So I had to go through the nerve-wracking process of carefully removing the previous glass from the aluminium frames, and VERY carefully stretch them over the new glass. The thought of "oh man, if I chip the glass this time, how long is it going to be before I can get another" was on my mind for the whole time. Fortunately, that was completed without issue, although a magnet popped off the frame when doing so (guess I'll superglue it back on later). In case anybody expects anything different, there will only be replacement for the regular glass (2pcs), no replacement of the shield-of-mjolnir (or whatever it was called) was included.

I could also see in the cross sectional plane of the glass that it does appear to be more refined than the previous glass panels (has a more sanded appearance than the raw cut appearance of the previous glass).

The BORG also matches the anodization of my kickstarter batch nicely, although to be fair, mine is silver-on-silver so probably the least suseptible to difference. I think some material on the bottom of the BORG instead of just raw aluminium would have made it sturdier as a stand, but I think the EVA foam that comes with it actually may double up as a foot.

This for me concludes the journey with MJOLNIR, I do hope to actually put a custom water loop in it at some point, its just been so long since everything happened that my life circumstances are not so compatible with just lashing out on a new PC without other considerations.... If I do get around to it, I'm sure I'll share it around.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Just to write back that I have also received the package today. I'm not sure what I expected for the replacement of the chipped glass panels, but I had a little chuckle when I unpackaged to find literally two panels of glass. So I had to go through the nerve-wracking process of carefully removing the previous glass from the aluminium frames, and VERY carefully stretch them over the new glass. The thought of "oh man, if I chip the glass this time, how long is it going to be before I can get another" was on my mind for the whole time. Fortunately, that was completed without issue, although a magnet popped off the frame when doing so (guess I'll superglue it back on later). In case anybody expects anything different, there will only be replacement for the regular glass (2pcs), no replacement of the shield-of-mjolnir (or whatever it was called) was included.

I could also see in the cross sectional plane of the glass that it does appear to be more refined than the previous glass panels (has a more sanded appearance than the raw cut appearance of the previous glass).

The BORG also matches the anodization of my kickstarter batch nicely, although to be fair, mine is silver-on-silver so probably the least suseptible to difference. I think some material on the bottom of the BORG instead of just raw aluminium would have made it sturdier as a stand, but I think the EVA foam that comes with it actually may double up as a foot.

This for me concludes the journey with MJOLNIR, I do hope to actually put a custom water loop in it at some point, its just been so long since everything happened that my life circumstances are not so compatible with just lashing out on a new PC without other considerations.... If I do get around to it, I'm sure I'll share it around.
Consider yourself lucky. My package did not even contain the replacement shield of founders that had chipped. I'll still be waiting for another shipement.

I agree regarding the base of the BORG. There is no material coating the aluminum which means I'll probably have to use something as a base in order to place it on my glass table top.

Will have to install it to see how it goes.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Consider yourself lucky. My package did not even contain the replacement shield of founders that had chipped. I'll still be waiting for another shipement.

I agree regarding the base of the BORG. There is no material coating the aluminum which means I'll probably have to use something as a base in order to place it on my glass table top.

Will have to install it to see how it goes.

The shield of founders panel was a free unique accessory we included in the Kickstarter batch. Unfortunately we don't have replacements for these. It was also made from the old mineral-glass.

I am very sorry for this.

Last edited:

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
I received my riser and replacement parts!

I should have expected that since the glass was replaced without the frame that the O2 filter would have only been the mesh. Seems easy enough to swap though. Is there a recommended method for removing the old mesh and/or booster PCB without damaging the panels? Any preferred super glue?

Looking forward to swapping parts (and testing the riser)..

Thanks for everything @AlexTzone and team!