• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
What's the deal with the new risers, was there ever a resolution?

Mine boots fine and then as soon as I launch a game it just crashes the whole system?]\
Same here. You need to enable pcie3. At least you get better performance in games with it. 60 is better than 0 ;) still pcie3 aint a pcie4 as advertised but the company doesnt want to hear this and stops talking

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Same here. You need to enable pcie3. At least you get better performance in games with it. 60 is better than 0 ;) still pcie3 aint a pcie4 as advertised but the company doesnt want to hear this and stops talking
so not full pcie4 but better than stock pcie3 but not worth price we paid for as a pcei4 ... alright..at least

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Update, this last shipment has been tough, basically we had to send it back and forth between the freight forwarder and the factory. This is my fault entirely, I gave them an inadequate description for how to package this shipment.

Example, all standalone performance panels shipments contained just 1 performance panels and not 2. Same for tempered glass. This is a silly mistake but caused a huge delay this shipment took a huge amount of time to prepare in the first place, so now we had to unpackage everything and start again.

Freight forwarder will pick up the goods on Wednesday. Again, I am very sorry for this and I’ve certainly learned from this mistake (never rush a description for something complicated).

Here’s the Twitter update:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Update, this last shipment has been tough, basically we had to send it back and forth between the freight forwarder and the factory. This is my fault entirely, I gave them an inadequate description for how to package this shipment.

Example, all standalone performance panels shipments contained just 1 performance panels and not 2. Same for tempered glass. This is a silly mistake but caused a huge delay this shipment took a huge amount of time to prepare in the first place, so now we had to unpackage everything and start again.

Freight forwarder will pick up the goods on Wednesday. Again, I am very sorry for this and I’ve certainly learned from this mistake (never rush a description for something complicated).

Here’s the Twitter update:
Thanks for the update, better to get it right before it goes out than sending out incorrect packages.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
After the last shipment (the one after this one), I'm thinking of posting a live Q&A again (like this one: shorturl.at/ejBT0) discussing everything that went right (and wrong) during the whole MJOLNIR project. Everything we’ve learned, everything I wished we did, mistakes we’ve made and how to do better in the future. You guys can ask me anything as well and / or give us feedback.

Anyways let me know if you think this is a good idea. I really don’t want to squander the potential of our next project on repeating the same mistakes over and over again. My hope is to make the difference so big that people can’t comprehend how it’s the same company. I know this is possible, even if it sounds like a hard thing to do I don’t think it’s as hard as creating / producing and shipping MJOLNIR with zero past experience. But it’s also obvious that only producing and shipping something is far from enough, especially if the journey is filled with delays and lack of support / communication.

Last edited:

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
After the last shipment (the one after this one), I'm thinking of posting a live Q&A again (like this one: shorturl.at/ejBT0) discussing everything that went right (and wrong) during the whole MJOLNIR project. Everything we’ve learned, everything I wished we did, mistakes we’ve made and how to do better in the future. You guys can ask me anything as well and / or give us feedback.

Anyways let me know if you think this is a good idea. I really don’t want to squander the potential of our next project on repeating the same mistakes over and over again. My hope is to make the difference so big that people can’t comprehend how it’s the same company. I know this is possible, even if it sounds like a hard thing to do I don’t think it’s as hard as creating / producing and shipping MJOLNIR with zero past experience. But it’s also obvious that only producing and shipping something is far from enough, especially if the journey is filled with delays and lack of support / communication.
I think it's a good idea. Not only for Thor Zone but other potential companies.

jhuylebroeck

Cable Smoosher
Nov 26, 2019
I'm sorry to say that I've been unhappy with the customer service of @AlexTzone . As he seems to be active on this forum I'm posting my feedback here in the hope to get things sorted.

I was charged import duties for the the shipment, which was not clearly communicated at the time of pre order, and which was not the case for the original shipment of my Mjolnir.

I think we paid enough for Borg + Riser 4.0 + shipping already at 115 EUR.

Also, I mailed you three times with regards to receiving an invoice in my company name, you never did send me one.

Am I reading the feedback in this thread correctly that the Riser 4.0 is not up to spec? Because I'm about to buy a new graphics card (still sporting an old GeForce 1650 now) and want to it to work correctly. This is exactly the reason why I bought the addon in the first place... And that all the while when we were promised a good riser in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoneG and Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm sorry to say that I've been unhappy with the customer service of @AlexTzone . As he seems to be active on this forum I'm posting my feedback here in the hope to get things sorted.

I was charged import duties for the the shipment, which was not clearly communicated at the time of pre order, and which was not the case for the original shipment of my Mjolnir.

I think we paid enough for Borg + Riser 4.0 + shipping already at 115 EUR.

Also, I mailed you three times with regards to receiving an invoice in my company name, you never did send me one.

Am I reading the feedback in this thread correctly that the Riser 4.0 is not up to spec? Because I'm about to buy a new graphics card (still sporting an old GeForce 1650 now) and want to it to work correctly. This is exactly the reason why I bought the addon in the first place... And that all the while when we were promised a good riser in the first place.

Hi, very sorry for your experience. I will generate an invoice to your company, please email us full contact details that I’ll include on the invoice.

Regarding taxes, we have never stated that the cases are produced/shipped from anywhere else than China. When they arrive to the different countries it counts as import, regardless if it’s the US, Europe or Asia. Some regions have import taxes, like the ones you’ve encountered. On our website we state that we don’t cover import charges and they are very dependent on which country you live in. During batch 1 we covered these costs but this option was no longer available to us after we switched from shipping directly through UPS to using a freight forwarder (and we updated our shipping information on the website after making this change).

Regarding the riser, it seems that some combinations of hardware are less compatible running Gen4 than others. As someone has posted here, their riser run full gen4 specs. Some others experienced issues. So it seems to be dependent on which hardware you have. Gen3 will work flawlessly regardless and it seems you’ll be able to boot gen4 hardware and make the switch to gen3 if you encounter issues. We purchased the best gen4 risers for the promised price available at the time.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
We purchased the best gen4 risers for the promised price available at the time.

Yeah I think that seller wasn't 100% honest with you, maybe they didn't know better at the time:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Yeah I think that seller wasn't 100% honest with you, maybe they didn't know better at the time:

The other cables in the pic above didn't exist when we made the order. I've never had issues with that supplier before and I doubt they'd be cheating us. Simply, the R33UF-TU was the best option at the time we ordered them. I have spoken to them again about risers for our upcoming projects and they offered me all of the above options.

Again, lets not ignore that gen 4 specs are still achievable, like in @cakePlease example. I have also not had any problems thus far running gen 4 on my RTX 3080 XC3.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
New update:
Was slightly surprised and disappointed to find out that the replacement batches are not these and there is yet another round of shipping to go. I was quite shocked to learn that its actually been 610 days (1.67 years) since I sent the email reporting chipped glass on the Kickstarter batch. For context, the days between Kickstarter charging my bank account and me reporting the chipped glass was 575 days. So we've been waiting for warranty parts longer than the whole Kickstarter campaign itself (+covid).

If I'm completely honest, doing a Q&A now would be one of the worst possible PR move. ThorZone has racked up an unfortunate reputation of just being very very slow moving. As the old saying goes, speak with actions, and so my recommendation is that you should just go ahead and implement whatever changes you were going to implement in the company, and let the results of those actions be the Q&A.

It comes under the bracket of not overpromising, as there are a lot of things that can be said in a Q&A session, but then you're boxing yourself within expectations once again - and we know how that tends to go given the track record.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Was slightly surprised and disappointed to find out that the replacement batches are not these and there is yet another round of shipping to go. I was quite shocked to learn that its actually been 610 days (1.67 years) since I sent the email reporting chipped glass on the Kickstarter batch. For context, the days between Kickstarter charging my bank account and me reporting the chipped glass was 575 days. So we've been waiting for warranty parts longer than the whole Kickstarter campaign itself (+covid).

If I'm completely honest, doing a Q&A now would be one of the worst possible PR move. ThorZone has racked up an unfortunate reputation of just being very very slow moving. As the old saying goes, speak with actions, and so my recommendation is that you should just go ahead and implement whatever changes you were going to implement in the company, and let the results of those actions be the Q&A.

It comes under the bracket of not overpromising, as there are a lot of things that can be said in a Q&A session, but then you're boxing yourself within expectations once again - and we know how that tends to go given the track record.

That's a truly saddening timeline — for the most part because after all this time your case is still technically in production (until it consist of only working parts…which chipped glass isn’t), but also that we’ve not shown any improvements as a company in all this time. I’ll never give up, as doing this is my dream, but the mere thought of continuing on like we’ve done in the past 3 years is intolerable. You’re right about the Q&A — we’ll do the changes and IF they create an improvement people will notice, I shouldn’t try to convince anyone beforehand.

Maybe we should just upload a statement of what we are changing but avoid promising “how much” it will improve anything, the results will be the judge. One example, the main moulds for the next stuff are done by mid-April, so at least we don’t need to do that step after launch, but I’ll refrain from guessing how much that will speed things up. Policies and warranty issues will also be substantially overhauled, but again…I’ll avoid “this will make everything so much better because this and that” — IF things become better people will notice.

Lastly, after you get your replacement parts and BORG I hope you get at least some closure for the project. I still believe MJOLNIR is one heck of a unique case. Also, if how we do things improve in the future it’s only because we learnt it from yours and others backers less fortunate experiences. I want to make it up to you guys after the story of MJOLNIR has concluded.

Last edited:

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
If I'm completely honest, doing a Q&A now would be one of the worst possible PR move. ThorZone has racked up an unfortunate reputation of just being very very slow moving.
I agree. No one will be nice during the Q&A quorum. Want to redeem yourself? show in the next adventure that you have learned something. There is no shortage of people who might embark as there was multiple pre-orders within the time KS was started. The idea was good, but the execution needs to be improved. Within the 240 pages of this thread, I'm pretty sure anyone who has ever asked a question or complained you can use it as improvement.

The best closure is to wrap things up (having all the orders/replacements filled up), then next adventure.

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
Make a collection of all the issues you ran into; make a note on how difficult each were to get over; how long they took to resolve, as well as your solution and what you could have done better. Post your experience along with what you've learned and how operations will go the next time around given all that you've learned.

Write it for other aspiring case builders who might not know what they're getting into as well as yourself to use as reference for the next one.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I agree. No one will be nice during the Q&A quorum. Want to redeem yourself? show in the next adventure that you have learned something. There is no shortage of people who might embark as there was multiple pre-orders within the time KS was started. The idea was good, but the execution needs to be improved. Within the 240 pages of this thread, I'm pretty sure anyone who has ever asked a question or complained you can use it as improvement.

The best closure is to wrap things up (having all the orders/replacements filled up), then next adventure.

Yeah skipping that Q&A, like @For_Science said it’s better to let the results show what/if anything has improved. There’s a lot of promising one can do prior to the results, but only the results will show what actually happened.

Yes that’s the schedule, fulfill the last orders and replacement parts for MJOLNIR -> implement changes -> on to the next thing.

Make a collection of all the issues you ran into; make a note on how difficult each were to get over; how long they took to resolve, as well as your solution and what you could have done better. Post your experience along with what you've learned and how operations will go the next time around given all that you've learned.

Write it for other aspiring case builders who might not know what they're getting into as well as yourself to use as reference for the next one.

This is a very good idea, so far I’ve kept all that in my head and never written it down. It will probably be a lot easier to keep oneself in check with such a list.

Last edited:
Reactions: N9neBreak3r