• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I am having similar experience. I reached out via email, posts and PM because I have QC issues with my case. I haven’t heard back in months. I see posts regarding updates and answering questions. I’m not sure if they are just ignoring my issues. I know it’s a small team and they have lot of work, but this lack of communication is pretty bad.

Not ignoring, I’ve noted your emails and will get to them during this batch (when replacement parts will be made. Very sorry for the communication, I know it must have been very frustrating!

When will the tracking number emails be sent for the upgrade shipments? Havent got one yet.

They are already shipped out, the tracking numbers are being sorted so I’ll have them sent out this week :)

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
Wait, so you told me to tell everyone to destroy cases if they got small marks, now you take my suggestion of selling the small defect cases as B-Stock and spin it as your original intent? Get some help, brother. 😂

I won't respond anymore to this discussion. What you did was shady, nothing you can say will change it.

I have some small marks, which are small, and they don't bother me.
You buying a unique product from a startup for crying out loud not from an established billion dollar tech giant.
This has it's own pro's and con's
People should help with suggestions to make the product better.
A bit of crying can help to underwrite a point, however that "make your scratches bigger guy" is basically blackmailing which is wrong on so many levels.
"you have to do as I suggest or else.."
I know I also vent my dislikes, but i try to accompany them with a way to make it better and my reasoning behind it. But not with force, that would be one step to far.

Really looking forward to hear what Alex thinks about alternative metal sidepanels with a small airgap, if that is even technical possible, or if he thinks there is enough people willing to pay for it.
I'm guessing the difficulty would be to add a second "step" to the extrusions, one for the airgap and one for the magnet to click in place.
This means it might not be compatible with old cases?
If this is not feasible, how about an alternative unibody design? (with a small discount for previous backers)

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
A bit of crying can help to underwrite a point, however that "make your scratches bigger guy" is basically blackmailing which is wrong on so many levels.
"you have to do as I suggest or else.."
I know I also vent my dislikes, but i try to accompany them with a way to make it better and my reasoning behind it. But not with force, that would be one step to far.
So if a company has denied your RMA request on arbitrary terms (e.g. "scratch too small"), how would you have conveyed to the company in convincing terms why its an issue? For my future reference.

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
So if a company has denied your RMA request on arbitrary terms (e.g. "scratch too small"), how would you have conveyed to the company in convincing terms why its an issue? For my future reference.

Try talking it out like civilized adults and not acting like a thief? 🤣

That was my only option, take my issue public and try and hash it out for others to weigh-in. The same way when large companies mess up and people go post about it on social media for everyone to see.

At the end of the day, it's his business. I don't know the laws in the EU, but here in the USA, there is not much I can do if he has a no return policy. I was at his mercy, and he reasoned with me. So it worked. I think if I tried your suggestion, I'd be stuck with the original case and blacklisted from ordering any future addons, like you probably will be LOL.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Try talking it out like civilized adults and not acting like a thief? 🤣

That was my only option, take my issue public and try and hash it out for others to weigh-in. The same way when large companies mess up and people go post about it on social media for everyone to see.

At the end of the day, it's his business. I don't know the laws in the EU, but here in the USA, there is not much I can do if he has a no return policy. I was at his mercy, and he reasoned with me. So it worked. I think if I tried your suggestion, I'd be stuck with the original case and blacklisted from ordering any future addons, like you probably will be LOL.
Did I go tell you post something on the forum publicly? No
Did I tell you to make your scratch wider than it is? No
There is a clear statement on the message: "I would recommend you send a private message to Alex here on the SFF forum that contains text to the effect below".

I am truly sorry you weren't able to see two steps beyond your eyes and if I had known you were unable to rationally consider moves that would have benefitted both yourself and Alex, I wouldn't have messaged you at all. Given that you said you wouldn't respond anymore to the discussion, I am surprised you decided to respond within the same day, but oh well. So I will also say the same that I am done replying to your topic,

You seem to be convinced that only your posts were the factor behind the reversal of whether to accept the defects or not. So I'm sorry @AlexTzone, but I'm going to post your replies too now as I'm past the point of caring. Whether you did or didn't change your views on acceptable defects based on who's input at the time, who knows. But I just wanted to demonstrate that at least in the background, there was a clear and logical understanding that the policy at the time was not a good idea for anybody. If I have been blacklisted from ordering any future addons as @smallfx says that would be nice to know in advance, as I did seem to successfully order some add-ons already.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

*** MODBREAK ***

After reports of this thread and looking through it, I hereby ask everyone to please keep this thread civilized and refrain from doing what can be seen as personal attacks on a level.

This is a friendly forum, with a friendly athmosphere. Please keep it that way, even though frustrations can be understandable, it's also worth pointing out that this might not be the place to rash out about everything - nor welcome by other users.

Dawelio – Over & Out!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
We’ve only blacklisted 1 person thus far and that was because that person massively went out of their way to be a colossal douchebag against everything from MJOLNJR, to THOR ZONE, to myself personally and to other backers. Also, that was after about ~6 months of trying to get them to calm down a bit. Whatever I tried to do I apparently “sucked at it”. At that point it’s straight up bullying and I’m very happy to be faar away from that person and their money, also I don’t imagine they miss me very much either, so probably a win-win.

This is to say, we’d practically never blacklist anyone for any reason with exception of bullying :) Out of 2000 backers so far, nobody except that 1 person has even been close. In 99.99% of cases, people with harsh critique have had a good point from which we can learn.

@Artimunor exploring a couple options :)

Last edited:

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020

*** MODBREAK ***

After reports of this thread and looking through it, I hereby ask everyone to please keep this thread civilized and refrain from doing what can be seen as personal attacks on a level.

This is a friendly forum, with a friendly athmosphere. Please keep it that way, even though frustrations can be understandable, it's also worth pointing out that this might not be the place to rash out about everything - nor welcome by other users.

Dawelio – Over & Out!

My apologies. I'll stop now. I just hate letting people get the last word when I think I'm in the right, lol. I got to work on that. Sorry guys, I never wanted to do this publicly, that's why it was handled privately in the first place.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Finally, the last of the upgrades are going out tomorrow! 😁 Then it's time to start producing the new batch, which is also when we'll put in the replacement part orders (we'll go through all emails as well to make sure we don't miss anyone).
hey @AlexTzone
does this include those who purchase the "upgrades" like pannels etc from batch 1?
Have not receive any updates on this (and CNY been over for 3 weeks now)

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
BTW - just in case anyone reading this. I've upgraded to EVGA 3060 XC (it is smaller than my old GTX 1660) it has some very "tight" fit to the Mjolnir ...but VERY functional... for anyone that is afraid that it will stress out the case because the bracket is "tight" fitted.

Another thing is if you own a gen3 riser + ASUS B550 to set your PCI to gen3 or else you wont POST.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
BTW - just in case anyone reading this. I've upgraded to EVGA 3060 XC (it is smaller than my old GTX 1660) it has some very "tight" fit to the Mjolnir ...but VERY functional... for anyone that is afraid that it will stress out the case because the bracket is "tight" fitted.

Another thing is if you own a gen3 riser + ASUS B550 to set your PCI to gen3 or else you wont POST.
Care to post a photo? I'm always on the look out for that GPU with the "perfect" fit with the case, ideally no space wasted!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Dimensionally speaking, isn't it a smaller version of RTX 3080 XC3?

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Finally, the last of the upgrades are going out tomorrow! 😁 Then it's time to start producing the new batch, which is also when we'll put in the replacement part orders (we'll go through all emails as well to make sure we don't miss anyone).
Stop new batches, we need a Mjolnir V2 ! 🙃

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
hey @AlexTzone
does this include those who purchase the "upgrades" like pannels etc from batch 1?
Have not receive any updates on this (and CNY been over for 3 weeks now)
Yup those are included with that shipment. I asked Alex about it and he said tracking numbers will be sent soon and that everything has already shipped out!

Reactions: beerbuddha