• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@arch1t3cton I totally understand you and I’m truly sorry this happened, yes you are in the 4% of Europe but that doesn’t make you any less important in the slightest. Also, I absolutely understand the feeling one gets when expecting news, seeing everybody else get it and then find out that your epic news is delayed...it’s an unnecessary roller coaster nobody needs, especially after all this time. I’m going to push UPS for the final countries to the best of my ability, so we get the final cases out ASAP.

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Of course, please let me know which backer number you have and I'll check why it hasn't shipped! :)

Most likely it's because you either live on one of those APO, DPO addresses or in Puerto Rico, we've had problems generating shipments to these regions.
Thanks Alex! I PMed you. I'm continental US which is why I figured I might have missed the email but I checked spam folder and nothing so I just wanted the peace of mind that it's not shipping to some random other address/country 😭

mTECHIE

Cable Smoosher
Feb 3, 2021
We used the budget from these 2 stretch goals ($2 for toolkit and $7 for thermals paste) to improve the core instead:
  • Custom CNCd aluminium corner brackets instead of cheap / weak standard ones:
The new bracket, custom made in our factory

This is the old Core design, but you can see where these new brackets are. If you check Optimum Techs first MJOLNIR video you can see just how ugly the original brackets were.

The old one: https://www.digikey.se/product-detail/en/keystone-electronics/612/36-612-ND/416364 (so ugly)
  • Create majority of the Cores parts in our best factory rather than somewhere cheap
  • Other improvements that required more machining time on the Core (one of them made Corsair H60 compatible)

$9 main not sound like much but when you make 1000+ cases you can make some pretty epic parts with that budget per case. Trying to recreate the improvements by yourself (local machine shop) would easily go for $100-$200. Considering this case should hold many years to come and that the toolkit and thermals paste are generic & widely available items, it felt like upgrading the Core was the obvious way forward. The Shield of Founders and an extra O2 Panel are of course included.

Interesting, in other words, core version 2 - Mjolnir version 3? 😎

Cheers!

TheNiloJunior

Efficiency Noob
May 30, 2021
@Sharknose has a doc for AIO compatibility in MJOLNIR (perhaps it's best to list this doc directly on our website) where that AIO is noted as "Compatible if you install the CPU block after inserting the Shell into the Core". Now that you've had hands on experience with it, do you think this is feasible? Doing your "no CPU" tip in reverse should make it possible?

Hello Alex, ah thanks, wasn't aware of the sheet. In my experience, even with the EK pump block unmounted, I didn't have anywhere to stash the block while sliding the chassis out and imagine it would be the same if sliding in. The pump block would only clear the frame by removing the CPU and shedding those few millimeters. Don't know if this matters at all, but my mobo is a Strix X570-I. I'd recommend saying the EK 120 fits if installing both the CPU and block after sliding the chassis in.

Either way, I can confirm that the AIO will not work with the glass panel, only with the metal panel (due to your shaving off the inner side of the metal panels a few mm).

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Got my shipping notification directly from Alex a few days ago. I'm hoping to see it sometime before the end of next week. Four-ish years and finally getting my hands on one. I'll be doing quite a review of my sample when it comes in. Steel, with RGB, both panel sets, and a booster cell. 😁

XdotX

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2020
Hi guys, while 96% of all shipments are done we still have 4% where we're still waiting for UPS to greenlight our plan. The affected countries are:
  • Poland
  • Hungary
  • Greece
  • Ireland
  • Lithuania
  • Slovakia
  • Bulgaria
  • Malta
  • Puerto Rico
  • Guam
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Brazil
  • Guernsey
  • New Zealand
  • Philippines
  • Chile
  • Mexico
  • Indonesia
  • Venezuela
  • Israel
We're trying to fix these ASAP, but the last 4% contains almost as many countries as the other 96%...so it takes some time unfortunately :/
well this is nice to know, the only problem is that I'm from Italy, and my country is not listed here...and why didn't anyone answer to any email?

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020

Looks quite like a Mjolnir, init?
Doesn't look anywhere near as functional as a Mjolnir in terms of gaming and cooling performance. Certainly an interesting lay-out though.

Looks more like a good solution for someone needing a lot of storage space in a small machine, but not wanting a dedicated NAS. Jonsbo makes decent stuff for the price, but their quality probably isn't as good as Mjolnirs is meant to be, for sure.

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Hi all,

Dark Case received.
Finish is great, colour is beautiful, no detached magnets or corner guards, no glue residue that needs removing, no external scratches, no rattling front panel once tightened, panels match well except one performance side panel which appears a little darker in all lights.
Even the Booster Cell matches the case colour well.
There is a little bit of a gap at the top / bottom of the Booster Cell once installed which I guess is due to the tolerances used. tried to even out the gaps but difficult.
My shield of founders glass has a little rattle but not much and only if shaken hard.
Internal marks are just 2 small dots where I guess the Shell was hung from.

Hardware:
Mjolnir Dark (Grey)
Mjolnir Booster Cell Dark (Grey)
Asrock Phantom Gaming Z390
Intel 9700K
Corsair Hydro H60 2018 revision - tubes
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Corsair SF750
Custom 24pin & CPU cables from DreambigbyRay at DAN A4 specs (these & stock cables worked will with PSU inverted)
RTX 3080 Founders Edition
1 x Arctic P12 PWM on the AIO
1 x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax on the Booster Cell
1 x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax under the motherboard
2x 2TB WD Black SN750 M.2 drives

Things get hot in this case because of the 3080 FE

I've run the case in the inverted layout so the graphics card is upside down.
I've got the PSU upside down so the power cable is near the AIO & the PSU cables are squished near the O2 panel at the bottom of the case (inverted layout).

Tested temps by playing Warzone for about 2 hours at a time and used CPUID HWMonitor.
No CPU or GPU undervolting or overclocking (yet).
Performance panels used except for the bottom where there's an O2 panel.

I've always had the Booster Cell exhausting air to try help the 3080 FE
Tried the PSU fan facing the 3080 FE's rear exhaust fan & GPU temps dropped about 2°C but PSU fan sounded like it was dying & PSU was super hot.

Tried AIO and the motherboard fan exhausting air from the case -- CPU reached 98°C (some Cores reached 101°C), GPU reached 79°C
AIO exhausting & motherboard fan intaking air -- CPU = 97°C, GPU = 79°C
AIO & motherboard fan intaking air into the case -- CPU = 75°C, GPU = 83°C

Not the most scientific tests but my real world gaming usage.
Fans all ramp up and case gets very loud.

I'm just typing this and the case is very audible.
Idle CPU = 53°C, GPU = 56°C

I prefer the stock front over the Booster Cell for looks but didn't want the 3080 FE to blow up.
I'm sure traditional styled GPUs would make things quieter and cooler.

ThorZone, I think you've made a beautiful case!! I would love to see it a centre meter or 2 taller so a 240mm AIO with 2 fans could fit.
Not happy that there is no cables provided for me to use the RGB on the Booster Cell as I did not buy the God Rays. I do not think this was made clear when the Booster Cell was up for sale especially as the Booster Cell was cheaper for those with God Rays from what I remember which wasn't cool.

Moving the Core in and out of the shell *gently* a few times has left some scratches so I think it would be a good idea to think of a way to prevent these scratches in future revisions.

I will unfortunately not be using this case.
Not until I can get a an EVGA 3080 XC3 which might be never.
It's just too hot and loud with my components.
The heat it gives off in my room is crazy - no heaters needed in the winter as the Booster Cell can blow hot air right at your face.

I envisioned the Mjolnir as a replacement to my old trusty SilverStone SG13 and if the case arrived when I ordered it I think it would have been fine for my i7 8700 and EVGA RTX 2080.

I will be putting my components back into my white NR200p where I was getting around 70°C for GPU and CPU at much lower noise levels.

Think I might put the Mjolnir up for sale -- it just looks so good I want to find a use for it.

Sorry the pics aren't great but hope they give an idea of my setup

Last edited:

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Hi all,

Dark Case received.
Finish is great, colour is beautiful, no detached magnets or corner guards, no glue residue that needs removing, no external scratches, no rattling front panel once tightened, panels match well except one performance side panel which appears a little darker in all lights.
Even the Booster Cell matches the case colour well.
There is a little bit of a gap at the top / bottom of the Booster Cell once installed which I guess is due to the tolerances used. tried to even out the gaps but difficult.
My shield of founders glass has a little rattle but not much and only if shaken hard.
Internal marks are just 2 small dots where I guess the Shell was hung from.

Hardware:
Mjolnir Dark (Grey)
Mjolnir Booster Cell Dark (Grey)
Asrock Phantom Gaming Z390
Intel 9700K
Corsair Hydro H60 2018 revision - tubes
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Corsair SF750
Custom 24pin & CPU cables from DreambigbyRay at DAN A4 specs (these & stock cables worked will with PSU inverted)
RTX 3080 Founders Edition
1 x Arctic P12 PWM on the AIO
1 x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax on the Booster Cell
1 x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax under the motherboard
2x 2TB WD Black SN750 M.2 drives

Things get hot in this case because of the 3080 FE

I've run the case in the inverted layout so the graphics card is upside down.
I've got the PSU upside down so the power cable is near the AIO & the PSU cables are squished near the O2 panel at the bottom of the case (inverted layout).

Tested temps by playing Warzone for about 2 hours at a time and used CPUID HWMonitor.
No CPU or GPU undervolting or overclocking (yet).
Performance panels used except for the bottom where there's an O2 panel.

I've always had the Booster Cell exhausting air to try help the 3080 FE
Tried the PSU fan facing the 3080 FE's rear exhaust fan & GPU temps dropped about 2°C but PSU fan sounded like it was dying & PSU was super hot.

Tried AIO and the motherboard fan exhausting air from the case -- CPU reached 98°C (some Cores reached 101°C), GPU reached 79°C
AIO exhausting & motherboard fan intaking air -- CPU = 97°C, GPU = 79°C
AIO & motherboard fan intaking air into the case -- CPU = 75°C, GPU = 83°C

Not the most scientific tests but my real world gaming usage.
Fans all ramp up and case gets very loud.

I'm just typing this and the case is very audible.
Idle CPU = 53°C, GPU = 56°C

I prefer the stock front over the Booster Cell for looks but didn't want the 3080 FE to blow up.
I'm sure traditional styled GPUs would make things quieter and cooler.

ThorZone, I think you've made a beautiful case!! I would love to see it a centre meter or 2 taller so a 240mm AIO with 2 fans could fit.
Not happy that there is no cables provided for me to use the RGB on the Booster Cell as I did not buy the God Rays. I do not think this was made clear when the Booster Cell was up for sale especially as the Booster Cell was cheaper for those with God Rays from what I remember which wasn't cool.

Moving the Core in and out of the shell *gently* a few times has left some scratches so I think it would be a good idea to think of a way to prevent these scratches in future revisions.

I will unfortunately not be using this case.
Not until I can get a an EVGA 3080 XC3 which might be never.
It's just too hot and loud with my components.
The heat it gives off in my room is crazy - no heaters needed in the winter as the Booster Cell can blow hot air right at your face.

I envisioned the Mjolnir as a replacement to my old trusty SilverStone SG13 and if the case arrived when I ordered it I think it would have been fine for my i7 8700 and EVGA RTX 2080.

I will be putting my components back into my white NR200p where I was getting around 70°C for GPU and CPU at much lower noise levels.

Think I might put the Mjolnir up for sale sell -- it just looks so good I want to find a use for it.

Sorry the pics aren't great but hope they give an idea of my setup

This is why I’m happy I’ve chosen air cooling with the lower power consumption 5600x, to help the GPU (I also have the 3080FE). Still have not received the case though, will report back when I get it.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Meanderis

Case Bender
New User
Jul 15, 2021
I got a tracking number on the 11th and it's still in "Label Created" state.
Should we be seeing progress on the tracking numbers. I'm in the US and ordered a steel case.
I'm just not sure if it actually shipped or is sitting around waiting to be shipped.