• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
I mean the bottom line is that [most of] the EU has a deal reached, but indeed some countries have not been reached yet. We were told a while back that the "EU deal" was not a single deal and was in fact lots of small deals being negotiated, so this does not surprise me. How long it will take for UPS to decide on the other countries? Only UPS will know in a similar fashion to the EU countries that were sorted out.

I dunno if you're one of the original Kickstarter backers but in update #38 @AlexTzone wrote the exact opposite of what you're suggesting.

Shipping next​

Next in line for shipping is EU and UK. UPS just finished our deal for Australia and South Korea 2 days ago, so please have patience guys, they are working as fast as they can. We have good reasons to belive the deal will be finished some time next week, with shipping starting immediately after.

After EU and UK we’ll send ALL the remaining countries. UPS has this information already and will provide us with a shipping plan once EU and UK have begun shipping.

MJOLNIR: The minimalistic – but not boring – PC Case by THOR ZONE — Kickstarter

No mention was ever made of "partial" shipping to EU or any other region for that matter.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I dunno if you're one of the original Kickstarter backers but in update #38 @AlexTzone wrote the exact opposite of what you're suggesting.

MJOLNIR: The minimalistic – but not boring – PC Case by THOR ZONE — Kickstarter

No mention was ever made of "partial" shipping to EU or any other region for that matter.
So I assume you are just arguing semantics at this point, or are you suggesting that the majority of EU shipping should be held until the other EU countries are sorted? It also doesn't say that it is a single deal, or whether all of the EU will be sent at the same time. I think its reasonable that ThorZone bundled the statement as "EU" for the sake of clarity, and now that some countries are lagging behind, they have transparently said which ones still need more time, I don't see an issue with this.

Reactions: RE4MATT3D

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
Booked an additional 189 cases for shipping, putting the total at exactly 1002 units (96% fulfillment for Kickstarter and Batch 1). Tomorrow we'll start sending out the new tracking numbers.

Now UPS has lots of picking up to do and it will take a couple of days for them to pick up everything!

How many of those 1002 cases have left the factory (= have been picked up by UPS) as of now?

uber_shnitz

Average Stuffer
Oct 14, 2019
Hi guys, while 96% of all shipments are done we still have 4% where we're still waiting for UPS to greenlight our plan. The affected countries are:
  • Poland
  • Hungary
  • Greece
  • Ireland
  • Lithuania
  • Slovakia
  • Bulgaria
  • Malta
  • Puerto Rico
  • Guam
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Brazil
  • Guernsey
  • New Zealand
  • Philippines
  • Chile
  • Mexico
  • Indonesia
  • Venezuela
  • Israel
We're trying to fix these ASAP, but the last 4% contains almost as many countries as the other 96%...so it takes some time unfortunately :/
Thanks for the answer Alex! Based on the above list, seems US isn't affected so I'm not sure why I haven't received a tracking email yet :/ I've checked my spam and everything. Do you think it would be possible to confirm whether my case has shipped and get tracking manually if I have my KS backer #?

Reactions: AlexTzone

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
So I assume you are just arguing semantics at this point, or are you suggesting that the majority of EU shipping should be held until the other EU countries are sorted?

Nope! Never said anything of the sort. Cases should be shipped ASAP.

I think its reasonable that ThorZone bundled the statement as "EU" for the sake of clarity, and now that some countries are lagging behind, they have transparently said which ones still need more time, I don't see an issue with this.

That's where you're completely wrong. The EU is a very specific region. For the sake of clarity and transparency they should have provided a list of EU countries they were intending to ship to. And they should have done this 10 DAYS AGO.

Instead they created confusion, leading backers from the remaining EU countries to falsely believe that they'd be getting their tracking numbers today...

• Haha
Reactions: Wiliker and Phnx

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Nope! Never said anything of the sort. Cases should be shipped ASAP.
That's where you're completely wrong. The EU is a very specific region. For the sake of clarity and transparency they should have provided a list of EU countries they were intending to ship to. And they should have done this 10 DAYS AGO.
Instead they created confusion, leading backers from the remaining EU countries to falsely believe that they'd be getting their tracking numbers today...
They intended to ship to all EU countries at the same time, emphasis on intended. That hasn't changed between now and however many days ago. The fact that UPS did not sort out all the EU countries at the same time was unfortunate, but also as you say, there is no point withholding the ones that are sorted just to make the all of "EU" happen at the same time.

So indeed it was premature to say that "EU" was sorted, but as Alex has come forward and said that all of EU has been sorted except for the countries above, there is now no miscommunication. But I think I am not willing to be on the receiving end of your upset any further as I have nothing to do with it - we should agree to disagree on this matter.

Perhaps for the sake of clarity, you could tell Alex in your words how you would have phrased the communications.

• Haha
Reactions: ARC1T3CT

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I thought I'd give my thoughts on things that could be improved for future iterations of Mjolnir. These are just a few things I thought of from my personal building experience:

- The motherboard tray cut out either needs to be larger to support heatsinks on rear mounted M.2 drives. Or the cutout needs to be smaller so that it covers the entire drive and a thermal pad can be applied to the drive allowing contact to the metal frame of Mjolnir as a heatsink.

- Screw slots on the rails need to be extended across the full length of the rail to allow for more support with fan and radiator placement.

- The included screws should be magnetic.

- Include spare corner guards for the frame with every Mjolnir in the event they get lost (from becoming detached) or they wear out overtime.

- The back power button cable should be removable. In the event the booster cell is attached and the power button on the booster cell is used, the rear power button's cable is not needed. I know it could be used as a reset or standby button, but if that is not needed it becomes an extra cable to have to manage.

- Add two additional magnets to the mounting system for the side panels. This would make a total of six magnets for the side panel mounting system. The top and bottom of each side panel (and respective spot on the shell) should have an extra magnet. So two on the top, two on the bottom and leave the sides the way they are. This would mean moving the magnets that are on the top and bottom from the center to each side, right and left, respectively, making them symmetrical. More magnetic force would help hold the panels on when tubes and cables are pushing against them.

- The glass side panels rattle. They need some kind of foam insert or rubber o-ring as insulation to prevent the rattle.

- Have a stockpile of corner guards, godrays, side panels, screws, cables and all other small accessories that go to Mjolnir on hand with you in Sweden ready to ship immediately. Then offer those for sale on your website. As time goes by people are going to either break or lose or wear out these sorts of things and will want a way to purchase replacements in an easy and timely manner.

Please don't take this comment the wrong way. I love Mjolnir and will be using it as my main case for years to come. You guys have gone above and beyond my expectations for what this case would be and have, in my opinion, the most premium sff case on the market! These are just my suggestions for improvements to be considered for future revisions of this amazing case!

Blueside

Efficiency Noob
Jul 7, 2021
Hey Blueside, sorry this is really late and hope you haven't gotten this yet. If you're by chance looking at the EK-AIO 120 RGB, this will not fit. The pump block is too tall and I really had to force it slide into the frame. The glass panel won't close with it on, but the metal panel will. the biggest downside though is that I somehow I wasn't able to force the chassis back out of the frame like I could installing it. I had to unmount the block and remove the CPU to effectively lower the block height to slide the chassis out.
Thank you for your info on this. So I dont’t even have to try. I have the EK AIO already in use for some month now and I like it. So I will go with a Corsair H60i RGB. Based on your YouTube video this one shoud fit fine?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The following countries are part of the EU.
  • Poland
  • Hungary
  • Greece
  • Ireland
  • Lithuania
  • Slovakia
  • Bulgaria
  • Malta
So what did you mean exactly when you said that the EU deal was sorted? How long exactly will it take to fix this?

I mean the bottom line is that [most of] the EU has a deal reached, but indeed some countries have not been reached yet. We were told a while back that the "EU deal" was not a single deal and was in fact lots of small deals being negotiated, so this does not surprise me. How long it will take for UPS to decide on the other countries? Only UPS will know in a similar fashion to the EU countries that were sorted out.

EU is split up in many countries and we had to negotiate each one, I'm certain that I've mentioned this in the KS comments and couple other places (a couple of times but far from every time I spoke about EU). However, the "EU is fixed" should definitely have been "95% of EU is fixed". We started generating UPS shipments basically moments after seeing the UPS email that morning, so I didn't verify if any EU members were missing until afterwards (the email they sent included so many countries that it looked like them all to my quick glance).

We hope to have them fixed by next week.

Hey Blueside, sorry this is really late and hope you haven't gotten this yet. If you're by chance looking at the EK-AIO 120 RGB, this will not fit. The pump block is too tall and I really had to force it slide into the frame. The glass panel won't close with it on, but the metal panel will. the biggest downside though is that I somehow I wasn't able to force the chassis back out of the frame like I could installing it. I had to unmount the block and remove the CPU to effectively lower the block height to slide the chassis out.

@Sharknose has a doc for AIO compatibility in MJOLNIR (perhaps it's best to list this doc directly on our website) where that AIO is noted as "Compatible if you install the CPU block after inserting the Shell into the Core". Now that you've had hands on experience with it, do you think this is feasible? Doing your "no CPU" tip in reverse should make it possible?

How many of those 1002 cases have left the factory (= have been picked up by UPS) as of now?

I think it's best to look at the latest shipments instead (150 + 189). The first 150 to the EU we booked a week ago have all been picked up and some of them are out for delivery today. The remaining 189 will be picked up this week, starting today or tomorrow and 70-100 cases at a time. So to answer your first questions, 813 of 1002 cases have left the factory.

Thanks for the answer Alex! Based on the above list, seems US isn't affected so I'm not sure why I haven't received a tracking email yet :/ I've checked my spam and everything. Do you think it would be possible to confirm whether my case has shipped and get tracking manually if I have my KS backer #?

Of course, please let me know which backer number you have and I'll check why it hasn't shipped! :)

Most likely it's because you either live on one of those APO, DPO addresses or in Puerto Rico, we've had problems generating shipments to these regions.

I thought I'd give my thoughts on things that could be improved for future iterations of Mjolnir. These are just a few things I thought of from my personal building experience:

- The motherboard tray cut out either needs to be larger to support heatsinks on rear mounted M.2 drives. Or the cutout needs to be smaller so that it covers the entire drive and a thermal pad can be applied to the drive allowing contact to the metal frame of Mjolnir as a heatsink.

- Screw slots on the rails need to be extended across the full length of the rail to allow for more support with fan and radiator placement.

- The included screws should be magnetic.

- Include spare corner guards for the frame with every Mjolnir in the event they get lost (from becoming detached) or they wear out overtime.

- The back power button cable should be removable. In the event the booster cell is attached and the power button on the booster cell is used, the rear power button's cable is not needed. I know it could be used as a reset or standby button, but if that is not needed it becomes an extra cable to have to manage.

- Add two additional magnets to the mounting system for the side panels. This would make a total of six magnets for the side panel mounting system. The top and bottom of each side panel (and respective spot on the shell) should have an extra magnet. So two on the top, two on the bottom and leave the sides the way they are. This would mean moving the magnets that are on the top and bottom from the center to each side, right and left, respectively, making them symmetrical. More magnetic force would help hold the panels on when tubes and cables are pushing against them.

- The glass side panels rattle. They need some kind of foam insert or rubber o-ring as insulation to prevent the rattle.

- Have a stockpile of corner guards, godrays, side panels, screws, cables and all other small accessories that go to Mjolnir on hand with you in Sweden ready to ship immediately. Then offer those for sale on your website. As time goes by people are going to either break or lose or wear out these sorts of things and will want a way to purchase replacements in an easy and timely manner.

Please don't take this comment the wrong way. I love Mjolnir and will be using it as my main case for years to come. You guys have gone above and beyond my expectations for what this case would be and have, in my opinion, the most premium sff case on the market! These are just my suggestions for improvements to be considered for future revisions of this amazing case!

Absolutely fantastic feedback, thank you so much! So many great points, going to save this post since it's going to come in handy in future batches 😁

Hi Alex. any updates on Steel/Canada?

Heey, I see that all but 2 have been sent. Those still left have been flagged as high risk by Shopify, but don't worry about it to much we'll fix it. What is your backer number?

bangsplosion

Case Bender
New User
Jul 13, 2021
Is anyone who's received their case able to confirm if the toolkit and noctua nt-h2 stretch goals are included? Couldn't see if it was in the unboxings, I am receiving mine soon and need thermal paste so if it's included, thanks :)

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Is anyone who's received their case able to confirm if the toolkit and noctua nt-h2 stretch goals are included? Couldn't see if it was in the unboxings, I am receiving mine soon and need thermal paste so if it's included, thanks :)
No, those were withdrawn in favor of other case improvements. Sorry, but you'll have to acquire your own

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

We used the budget from these 2 stretch goals ($2 for toolkit and $7 for thermals paste) to improve the core instead:
  • Custom CNCd aluminium corner brackets instead of cheap / weak standard ones:
The new bracket, custom made in our factory

This is the old Core design, but you can see where these new brackets are. If you check Optimum Techs first MJOLNIR video you can see just how ugly the original brackets were.

The old one: https://www.digikey.se/product-detail/en/keystone-electronics/612/36-612-ND/416364 (so ugly)
  • Create majority of the Cores parts in our best factory rather than somewhere cheap
  • Other improvements that required more machining time on the Core (one of them made Corsair H60 compatible)

$9 main not sound like much but when you make 1000+ cases you can make some pretty epic parts with that budget per case. Trying to recreate the improvements by yourself (local machine shop) would easily go for $100-$200. Considering this case should hold many years to come and that the toolkit and thermals paste are generic & widely available items, it felt like upgrading the Core was the obvious way forward. The Shield of Founders and an extra O2 Panel are of course included.

Last edited:
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
EU is split up in many countries and we had to negotiate each one, I'm certain that I've mentioned this in the KS comments and couple other places (a couple of times but far from every time I spoke about EU).
Agreed! But those statements, if you recall, were in a completely different context. There was never any hint that you'd be splitting shipments based on volume.

However, the "EU is fixed" should definitely have been "95% of EU is fixed"
You still don't have shipping contracts for 8 of the 27* EU states. How is that 95% of EU? Did you mean by volume? That's practically penalizing backers from smaller countries.

Also, you had me checking my email & spam folders 2-3 times a day for 11 days straight. That was completely unnecessary.

We hope to have them fixed by next week.
I like your optimism, but if we want to be realistic that's probably mid to late August...

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
That's practically penalizing backers from smaller countries.
Thats always been the case though US --> etc --> EU (countries) --> RoW. I guess while it is annoying if you are from a country with not many backers, but better to have 3 angry backers from Indonesia than 200 angry backers from the US. Not Ideal by any stretch of the word, but I think I would have also done it this way if the cases must be processed by geographic location.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

bangsplosion

Case Bender
New User
Jul 13, 2021
Ah ok, sorry must have missed that, the improvements do look better than the thermal paste/toolkit! I've ordered some thermal paste now that should arrive the same day, thank you :)

Reactions: For_Science

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
Thats always been the case though US --> etc --> EU (countries) --> RoW. I guess while it is annoying if you are from a country with not many backers, but better to have 3 angry backers from Indonesia than 200 angry backers from the US. Not Ideal by any stretch of the word, but I think I would have also done it this way if the cases must be processed by geographic location.
This only makes "sense" if the project is a one off and the creator doesn't anticipate any repeat business from backers...