Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Hey everyone :)
I'm a bit discouraged....First pc build here (utter noob)
I basically bought everything THORZONE recommended on their website.
The AIO Kraken m22 is causing me some headaches. How am I supposed to route these thick and stiff braided tubes around the RAM?
I the cables coming from the PSU are as flat as I could pre bend them and already I feel the metal below the radiator bending.

I also have the booster cell and have no idea where I am supposed to plug the two cables with white headers + the additional fan cable.

HELP.....
Here is the proper header for the GodRays and the booster cell to supply and input source at 5V for your board:

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Here is the proper header for the GodRays and the booster cell to supply and input source at 5V for your board:
wait ... so instead of plugging the booster cell into a fan you would plug it into the addressable and the booster cell and godrays talk to each other?

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
wait ... so instead of plugging the booster cell into a fan you would plug it into the addressable and the booster cell and godrays talk to each other?
The Assessable Gen 2 Led is output only with 3 connected pin 5V Data and GRD this is the current source for lighting only. The supplied cable with the matching end would be connected to this header. So your circuit diagram would be as follows Starting from the Booster Cell.
1. Booster Cell accepts input only and its cable must be connected to an output source (5v/Data/Ground) If not using Godrays it would connect directly to the Addressable header.. There is no cable for this it would have to purchase from Amazon: 2. If using GodRays; You would be completing a circuit following the "IN" and "OUT" Molexes marked on the PCB of these LED strips: From the Booster to the "OUT" Female Molex; to the end of the Led strip from "IN" marked end using the tie cable supplied to The Other LED Strip's "OUT" and then the final end of that strip's "IN" connected to the supplied proper cable with the matching end to the OUTPUT of the Motherboard's addressable RGB header. The booster and the strips can only accept 5-volt current source SO NEVER CONNECT TO A 12v LIGHTING OUTPUT OF ANY MOTHERBOARD OR YOU WILL DAMAGE BOTH THE BOOSTER AND THE STRIPS AND MAYBE EVEN THE OUTPUT HEADER ON THE MB!
(NOTE it is difficult to see the IN and OUT markings on the PCB when mounting so it would be a good idea to layout your connection order before mounting to the spine.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Another 68 cases booked for shipping! Will send out tracking numbers tomorrow :) (more US, CA, JP, KR and HK that have been verified)

EU & RoW still being processed by the pricing department, but it looks like our suggestions have been accepted. Still takes time to process according to our UPS rep, since the pricing department has a bit of a backlog.

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
So no date estimate from UPS? "Bit of a backlog" might mean a few weeks more. Who knows, maybe a month? It's been like three or four weeks now, even sea shipping could have made it in this time.
With luck we will get the cases at the SAME time as the May 2021 buyers!!! This is our bonus to trust them 1.5 years ago and give our money to fund this project... But don't complain, somebody has to receive first and some have to be the last, right?

Reactions: keepcoding

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
With luck we will get the cases at the SAME time as the May 2021 buyers!!! This is our bonus to trust them 1.5 years ago and give our money to fund this project... But don't complain, somebody has to receive first and some have to be the last, right?

That's my suspicion as well, but it would be an absolute no-go. The new preorders are a separate production batch and have nothing to do with "somebody has to be first / last". It should be absolutely clear that all batch 1 orders must be shipped first no matter what (in principle there should even be a 6-month separation between the two batches as promised in the kickstarter).

HoshiGumi

Chassis Packer
May 11, 2021
@DASBOOT
Thanks for all the info. I won't lie, I still have a bit of a hard time wrapping my head around some of the jargon.
I'll be switching from the Kraken M22 to the Corsair H60 (the H55 isn't available close to me but they seem extremely similar)
I assume this is the splitter I would need or something alike: https://noctua.at/en/na-syc1
I do not have the god rays.
There are two wires coming from the chassis, a long one and a short one. I assume the short one connects to the tiny 4 pin connector inside the booster cell?
Should the long one connect to the Gen2 LED connector on the MOBO or is the long one where you usually connect the GodRays? Would you mind giving me the name of the wire needed to go from the long wire to the Gen2 LED connector.
Thank you so much!!!!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Figured out a way to make the Booster Cell not wiggle (will upload a video later):

1. Take the Booster Cell and 1 of the grills. Push the grill as far down into the shell groove as possible, and the Booster Cell as far to the opposite side as possible
  2. Tighten the screws (be careful not to strip the threads)
  3. Mount the second grill

Now it should sit really steady! Basically what this does is create tension once the second grill is installed, because it tries to force the Booster Cell up but meets resistance from the first grill. This is hard to replicate if you install both grills at the same time.

@HoshiGumi the long one is for connecting the booster cell fan. Connect the fan to the Booster Cell ribbon cable (careful not to tear it) and connect the long cable from the Booster Cell link to your Motherboard fan header. Once you the core is inserted into the shell there will be a connection and the fan will spin. The fan must be 15mm tall (I suggest you remove the rubber pads on you Noctua fan since this pushes the fan to 16.5mm).

The short cable is for plugging it into one of the Godrays (OUT port). However, you can DIY to the motherboard without the Godrays. First I suggest that you finish your rig, then we can check if you want to get the Godrays or not, if not I’ll detail exactly how to make a DIY cable so we don’t accidentally short something :)

In case you’ve missed it, here’s the official Booster Cell manual: https://thor-zone.com/manuals/TZ-BC1-UM_eng.pdf

And here’s for MJOLNIR: https://thor-zone.com/manuals/TZ-MJ1-UM_eng.pdf

HoshiGumi

Chassis Packer
May 11, 2021
@AlexTzone
Okay so the cable attached to the noctua fan get plugged into the mini cable on the boostercell. Then I use the long black cable on the chassis with a splitter to connect to the motherboard!
I will not be getting godrays, there's no way of connecting the two using a cable? we really have to go DIY? XD

Reactions: Shinken1

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
@AlexTzone
Okay so the cable attached to the noctua fan get plugged into the mini cable on the boostercell. Then I use the long black cable on the chassis with a splitter to connect to the motherboard!
I will not be getting godrays, there's no way of connecting the two using a cable? we really have to go DIY? XD
I have explained how this hooks up above and I edited the link for the proper adapter to a 3 pin cable and 3 pin female Molex from Amazon:

HoshiGumi

Chassis Packer
May 11, 2021
I have explained how this hooks up above and I edited the link for the proper adapter to a 3 pin cable and 3 pin female Molex from Amazon:

You're link from a previous post doesn't show up for me. Next to "Amazon:" there a blank space.
Thank you I now understand the above image perfectly. The two pin is plugged to the power, i've plugged the back button as a reset. The long Fan wire is will be plugged in two a splitter with another fan and into a fan header on the mobo.
I've plugged the booster cell fan cable into the tiny ribbon 4 pin connector inside the booster cell.
All that's missing in a cable to make the booster cell rgb work.

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

Since you cannot see the link.

Thank you!!!

Are you sure this will work as is though? Remember that we made the cables work with the Godrays in mind, not cross compatibility with other standardized cables per say. If VCC and Ground is mixed it will create a short and burn the LEDs. Also, I have no idea if that connector will connect to the housing we’ve got sticking out of the Booster Cell link, since once again we used a connector that fit our dimensions first and foremost.

My suggestion would be to grab that cable and then mod it slightly and connect it directly onto the cable sticking out of the Booster Cell link — according to my instructions, that way at least that way we know it’s not going to get shorted.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
Hey Alex & Co., just finished my build and it's looking awesome, I'm really pleased with the case after this massive build up, it has been great coming on the journey with you guys. And thanks everyone in the thread for little bits of build advice here and there, really makes a difference.

It is not only a great looking case but it is going to seriously help me out practically with my work as I'll be able to lug it around on the plane with me knowing that it is all secure. No more laptop!

But honestly - full props. This has been amazing, thankyou. Worth every cent and every minute of time. Who would have thought the last piece of my build would be the GPU instead of the kickstarter case, still waiting on the XC3 lol.

P.S. Someone earlier mentioned a pelican case - has anyone got foam insert designs made up that I can steal?!