• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
OMG you guys, ive been scared since Monday that I broke my 3080 Ti from installing the waterblock and had no way to test it! That is, till now. Just finished the loop! I'm leak testing her right now but had to do a quick boot up to see if everything works and ... ITS ALIVE!! I already leak tested with air (ekwb leak tester) and it was fine. Going to let her run overnight with an external power supply on the pump only just to be sure! More to come in a few days.
Are you running both the CPU and GPU off a 120mm radiator? How are the temps?

I've been wondering if I could make that work, though I'm also too chicken to do a custom loop. :)

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Are you running both the CPU and GPU off a 120mm radiator? How are the temps?

I've been wondering if I could make that work, though I'm also too chicken to do a custom loop. :)
I've got it running off of a 120mm radiator internally and externally two 240mm radiators.
Pretty sure even with massive undervolts that there's no way for the gpu and cpu in my system to stay cool off of just a 120mm radiator.
If your using say a ryzen 5 5600x and a 3060 ti or lower, than it could work. It'd be near the same as what you would get off air though, maybe slightly worse.
Unless your going to mod the side panels to support dual 240mm radiators internally or do an external loop like mine, Mjolnir is really only adequate for cooling your CPU or your GPU (choose one) with a 120mm radiator.

Last edited:
Reactions: abdulla

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
Unless your going to mod the side panels to support dual 240mm radiators internally or do an external loop like mine, Mjolnir is really only adequate for cooling your CPU or your GPU (choose one) with a 120mm radiator.
Still looks great though! - your thoughts on side panel mods are referring to external radiators though? How would you mod them to fit them internally? As externa rads kinda detracts from the whole aesthetic of the mjolnir (naturally).

Once you've leak tested and run the pumps through, definitley curious on temp differences with just the 120 vs your 120+External 240. Obviously it'll struggle on a 120, but just how much is kinda what I'm curious about.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
OK Guys she's done!!!
Her name is "V'ger" after the machine that amassed so much knowledge it became sentient from Star Trek The Motion Picture. Will post a detailed build log video in a few days showing all the steps it took to assemble and all the parts used. Ryzen 9 5950x and 3080 Ti, Trident Z Royal 3800mhz 14-15-15-34-51 (samsung b-die) ROG strix x570i.

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
Does anybody have some calipers they could kindly use to provide some of the internal dimensions of the Mjolnir frame?

Trying to CAD up my water-cooled concept with a similar idea to @N9neBreak3r with the GPU pushed forwards, however using small v-ram heat sinks behind it to then slot small 10mm 40mm fans beneath the gpu for airflow.

3 Extremely rough concept shots below. Black = PSU, Brown = Fans, Green = Single slot Waterblock GPU, Blue = slim 240mm radiator.

However some internal case dimensions are kind of vital to see what space I am actually building in. - Any assistance would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Does anybody have some calipers they could kindly use to provide some of the internal dimensions of the Mjolnir frame?

Trying to CAD up my water-cooled concept with a similar idea to @N9neBreak3r with the GPU pushed forwards, however using small v-ram heat sinks behind it to then slot small 10mm 40mm fans beneath the gpu for airflow.

3 Extremely rough concept shots below. Black = PSU, Brown = Fans, Green = Single slot Waterblock GPU, Blue = slim 240mm radiator.

However some internal case dimensions are kind of vital to see what space I am actually building in. - Any assistance would be appreciated :)

Your thinking along the lines of this for the rad setup?

40mm noctua actually shift some air, 6 of them give a noticeable pull through the radiator.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

Judging from my experience with Mjolnir, your going to be able to fit two of those small 40mm fans on the GPU side because of the power cable blocking the spot for the third. On the cpu side you should be able to fit three. I'd you remove the power cable and run your own slimmer cord you could fit three on the gpu side.

HoshiGumi

Chassis Packer
May 11, 2021
Hey everyone :)
I'm a bit discouraged....First pc build here (utter noob)
I basically bought everything THORZONE recommended on their website.
The AIO Kraken m22 is causing me some headaches. How am I supposed to route these thick and stiff braided tubes around the RAM?
I the cables coming from the PSU are as flat as I could pre bend them and already I feel the metal below the radiator bending.

I also have the booster cell and have no idea where I am supposed to plug the two cables with white headers + the additional fan cable.

HELP.....

HoshiGumi

Chassis Packer
May 11, 2021
I have the Asus Rog Strix 570 i gaming. I have a spot to connect the AIO pump, the fan on the radiator, the fan under the motherboard but I can't seem to find an additional spot to plug the fan of the booster cell?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The AIO Kraken m22 is causing me some headaches. How am I supposed to route these thick and stiff braided tubes around the RAM?
I the cables coming from the PSU are as flat as I could pre bend them and already I feel the metal below the radiator bending.

I also have the booster cell and have no idea where I am supposed to plug the two cables with white headers + the additional fan cable.

HELP.....

I have the Asus Rog Strix 570 i gaming. I have a spot to connect the AIO pump, the fan on the radiator, the fan under the motherboard but I can't seem to find an additional spot to plug the fan of the booster cell?

While the Kraken M22 does fit it’s the hardest AIO to work with due to it’s weird dimensions and pump placement (not optimal since it’s on the rad), especially coupled with full height RAM sticks. It’s still possible to fit but it’s not easy:

I would recommend you to go with Corsair H55 (much thinner tubes, better performance, cheaper and a lot easier to work with), but if you stick with m22 I would recommend that you flip the PSU to create more space (all the cables would be on top rather than above the AIO fan).

For the Booster I connected it to a Noctua splitter they include with the fans (so Booster Cell fan is connected to the same port as the fan underneath the motherboard).

I wouldn’t worry to much about the radiator rails bending a bit, they are quite flexible, think of it’s as some bonus/slack space in case your cable & tube management isn’t perfect. Once it’s inside the shell it’s not something you’ll ever going to see anyways.

You have an advanced build on your hands, so it will take some time and be pretty hard, but I’m sure you’ll manage :)

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

HELP.....
Are the tubes long enough on the m22 aio to allow you to rotate the cold plate 180 degrees? If so orient it like this:
If not it's just a matter of trial and error with re positioning the cables and tubes so they all fit. It's usually the hardest part of any sff build so don't worry, we've all been there! Also buying custom cables really helps! I have custom lenght cables in mine and it's the only way I could fit what I have into mine. I bought mine off pslate and they are the ones for the FormD T1, but they fit Mjolnir fine! If you do go with custom cables, buy unsleeved ones. It will make it easier by cutting down on bulk! Good luck! You'll get it done!!

Reactions: rfarmer

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Booster cell, There is a manual for this but it is for the advanced user. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...1-UM_eng.pdf&usg=AOvVaw28junfmybfT-93IsGqMdJH
So to be clear: the smaller 3 wire white mini locking Molex is to plug into a 5v ARGB output source or one of the outs of the ThorZone led light bars (Godrays). It must be power by a 5V source never a 12v std RGB source from a motherboard header or an ARGB module with the correct output. A 12v source will damage the LEDs. The extra cables from the light bars box have are two different types of input connections one as a spread 3 wire header for a 3 pin header which matches the spacing on your respective motherboard. The other is a 4 pin header but only three wires connected to the same wiring for a different mfg motherboard header. Each motherboard mfg has only one or the other header type, 3 or 4 pins. Your MB manual will tell you what you have and the pin voltages. The larger 4 wire cable which does not lock is for a 15mm x 120mm fan if installed in the Booster Cell. It does not come with the cell. You need the BC link mounted with the wires going down for this to work it gets mounted on the spine after the SSD brackets are removed. This 4 pin Molex goes to a std 4 pin PWM fan header on your motherboard, The last 2 pin Molex goes to a reset or power startup pin-set on your front panel motherboard header array. Wiring Grd and Plus are not important as these two source types "Power or Reset" are only completing a circuit so they can plug onto the proper pins, either way. The triangle on any front panel connection Molex is usually the power wire but not always, and this is only critical for led lighting, such as power light or hard drive activity. Here are links to two of the manuals:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...1-UM_eng.pdf&usg=AOvVaw28junfmybfT-93IsGqMdJH

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...1-UM_eng.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3Tv23dOZz_AUfvTV8KMb9b

If I was going to water cool I would use this system and make my own lines and choose my own rad: (the pumps used for almost all the AIO's are crap and are made by Asetek for the most part for all the big names including Corsair, NZXT etc. They all have high failure rates. overtime
https://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/cpu-water-blocks/cpu-water-blocks/amd-am4-ryzen/24111/alphacool-eisbaer-solo-2600rpm-chrome

HELP.....

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
If I was going to water cool I would use this system and make my own lines and choose my own rad: (the pumps used for almost all the AIO's are crap and are made by Asetek for the most part for all the big names including Corsair, NZXT etc. They all have high failure rates. overtime
https://www.aquatuning.us/water-coo...n/24111/alphacool-eisbaer-solo-2600rpm-chrome
I don't think the eisbaer will work in Mjolnir. Too tall. I had a hard time finding low profile 90 degree fittings for my flat cpu waterblock. Especially after you put the fittings and the tubes on that, since they come out the top. It's either not going to fit outright or the tubes will kink once you try to bend them to avoid the panel.

JCB42

Chassis Packer
Jun 13, 2021
Your thinking along the lines of this for the rad setup?

40mm noctua actually shift some air, 6 of them give a noticeable pull through the radiator.
Yep, that's the ideal!

Ambitious to squeeze a 3090 in there with no external radiator system. But depending on the height clearance a thicker 20mm high, 40mm square fans offers greater static pressure compared to the 10mm versions. So I'd like to figure out what fits. [hence the request for some internal dimensions :p]

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
I don't think the eisbaer will work in Mjolnir. Too tall. I had a hard time finding low profile 90 degree fittings for my flat cpu waterblock. Especially after you put the fittings and the tubes on that, since they come out the top. It's either not going to fit outright or the tubes will kink once you try to bend them to avoid the panel.
https://www.aquatuning.us/water-coo...4-ryzen/23937/alphacool-eisbaer-lt-solo-black
I said if and above solves the problem but you will not have the nice rez window built-in.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
you will need to add a splitter. I have the ASUS B550-i mobo and I've used a splitter to make this happen.
1 to AIO pin, your radiator fan goes to CPU, and the bottom one near the mobo is Case fan. To use the booster, a splitter.

I have bought this cheap

HOWEVER, found out that my Noctua comes with a splitter.

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
Just got mine, dark au! Very excited.

My only Q is, is the front panel meant to have this much give in it? I'm barely applying any force at all and can rock it a fair bit. Seems fine but just makes it very noisy when you move the case around:

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
Just got mine, dark au! Very excited.

My only Q is, is the front panel meant to have this much give in it? I'm barely applying any force at all and can rock it a fair bit. Seems fine but just makes it very noisy when you move the case around:

Reactions: AlexTzone