• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Stealth delivered yesterday (Toronto, CA)!

I can't report on the quality (undoubtedly excellent) as I'm 500km away... but I am thankful my house-sitter was quicker than the porch pirates. It will be nice to have it waiting for me when I get home.

Thanks Alex! Now if only that GPU would show up...
yeah mine showed up yesterday and ive been slowly preparing the stuff.
Im in the same boat for GPU....oh well. 1660 is still viable.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
the problem is not the june preorders, it's the fact that november / mai 2021 preorders may get their cases before some kickstarter backers
I agree with you completely there. If that were to happen it's a serious problem. Although I don't believe it will. According to Alex, extraction has just started on Batch 2, so I don't see that happening.
I am not sure shipping by boat means they have to be shipped all at the same time.
According to the original shipping plans, all cases were to be completed and sent out at the same time to have boat shipping be an option. It's somewhere in a kickstarter comment or on this forum, I don't remember where, it was a while ago.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Thank you for the feedback! 😄

Have you tried this:

You can eliminate front panel rattle completely by making sure the top/bottom grills are inserted as far into their slots as possible (the slots in the Shell) and then tightening the screws (not too much). Also, I usually have the fan connector underneath one of the grills:

On the note of rattling, mine does it too so I got the idea to cut to size and stick these adhesive foam strips I have in the cutouts on the shell. It took some patients in getting the size of the strips right and the placement but it works! It's a great non-permanent non-destructive mod to fix the rattling. You could also shove paper towel or tissue paper in the cutouts too and that would probably work.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
On the note of rattling, mine does it too so I got the idea to cut to size and stick these adhesive foam strips I have in the cutouts on the shell. It took some patients in getting the size of the strips right and the placement but it works! It's a great non-permanent non-destructive mod to fix the rattling. You could also shove paper towel or tissue paper in the cutouts too and that would probably work.

Why not slide the top/bottom grills up/down respectively and tighten them? That will remove the rattling as well 👌

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
You can eliminate front panel rattle completely by making sure the top/bottom grills are inserted as far into their slots as possible (the slots in the Shell) and then tightening the screws (not too much). Also, I usually have the fan connector underneath one of the grills:
as per your video, I tried, but the booster cell is maxed/stretched out as far as it can and so is the grill.
I think the rattle fix is only good for the original plate not for the booster since the booster plate is perfectly fitted

As far as the connector: your fan fits because of the cable, unfortunately, I bought a 15mm Noctua and the cable is small/short. they give you an extended cable but if you use that the entire core won'it - I made it work though...still to be tested if it all works once MB and core gets installed properly =)

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
as per your video, I tried, but the booster cell is maxed/stretched out as far as it can and so is the grill.
I think the rattle fix is only good for the original plate not for the booster since the booster plate is perfectly fitted

As far as the connector: your fan fits because of the cable, unfortunately, I bought a 15mm Noctua and the cable is small/short. they give you an extended cable but if you use that the entire core won'it - I made it work though...still to be tested if it all works once MB and core gets installed properly =)

I'm using the exact same noctua fan and was able to fit the extension cable perfectly fine. Just wrap it up around itself in the empty space between the top of the fan and the grill. But I think it will work fine just how you have it now. As far as the rattling goes, try my method I mentioned earlier if you can't tighten it down enough to stop it from happening.

Reactions: beerbuddha

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I'm using the exact same noctua fan and was able to fit the extension cable perfectly fine. Just wrap it up around itself in the empty space between the top of the fan and the grill. But I think it will work fine just how you have it now. As far as the rattling goes, try my method I mentioned earlier if you can't tighten it down enough to stop it from happening.
trying but that extension cable is pretty thick (comparing to Alex's fan) this is more minimal ...i think I'm good for now. As far as the rattle: when the core is in no rattle. though maybe its just me: 1) I had to take out the rubber on the fan, 2) there is 1-2mm that peaks out but if you push and lock the core everything goes flush and no rattle.

Im currently backin up some extra drives and since I wasn't able to secure a new GPU im going to transfer over my old GPU over - going to take a bit of time on the first cable fitting before my Etsy cables get in next month.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Sazexa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2020
Anyone using a completely air cooled set up see what's optimal yet? Both 120's as intake, or exhaust? What about throwing the Booster Cell into the mix?

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
What is everyone going for with the case fans?

Looking at:
Noctua NF-A12X15-FLX for the 15mm
Noctua NF-S12A-PWM for the 120mm

Are there any specific considerations that need to be made based on configuration or should just be right buying these two?

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Anyone using a completely air cooled set up see what's optimal yet? Both 120's as intake, or exhaust? What about throwing the Booster Cell into the mix?
Early US adopters have put in Airflow only.
Another person from SFF group on FB also did something (posted recently) - he had 64GB red ram with red cables. Definitely KS backer because of the glass panels.

If you need more insight - Alex has a PDF on the website explaining his results during the prototype testing with Air + AIO with inverted core + exhaust vs intake

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
What is everyone going for with the case fans?

Looking at:
Noctua NF-A12X15-FLX for the 15mm
Noctua NF-S12A-PWM for the 120mm

Are there any specific considerations that need to be made based on configuration or should just be right buying these two?
I have those fans + an extra Chroma 15mm from noctua (only bought due to pricing)
so I have 3 fans because of booster cell.

you should be good for those case fan - its worth the money hands down (unsure about the colors obviously but if you don't mind...then its ok)

Reactions: btree123

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Has AU started to ship? Double-checking in case I missed an email.

Oh yes I'm about to go full Oprah on everybody from AU and KR! (give me a couple of hours)

oprah winfrey GIF

Replace "car" with "tracking number"

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Same boat as the rest of EU, waiting for UPS to reply again. I don't think it will take too long, they fixed the AU/KR deal pretty fast.
Is the smaller countries ("rest of the world") up for re-negotiations too or are you committed towards using freight forwarders for them already. My heart goes out to the ambassadors of ThorZone who are last in the line only because they were the dedicated few who managed to find the case from wherever they are...😢

Reactions: Shinken1

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Is the smaller countries ("rest of the world") up for re-negotiations too or are you committed towards using freight forwarders for them already. My heart goes out to the ambassadors of ThorZone who are last in the line only because they were the dedicated few who managed to find the case from wherever they are...😢

They have been submitted for quotes from UPS a while ago, but right now they have their hands full with fixing our EU deal.

Anyways, another 95 shipments booked! Time to draft a Kickstarter update and let everyone know the exact current status.

Last edited: