• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
Excitement and laughter aside from receiving your long awaited case, I do hope quality control is alot better moving forward for the next batch and eventual commercial success if you do planning on being one of the big player in the SFF market.

The average builder who is considering dropping $300-400 will view these examples as horrific examples of poor quality control.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Sorry I'm not avoiding it on purpose, there's a lot of stuff being written here and I can't keep track of it all (this means sometimes the same question is missed several times). Singapore is in the last 10%, so we're shipping it after the large regions. I don't have an ETA but depending on how fast we can ship EU it's either going to be June or July.

@beerbuddha whaaat I thought the live stream demonstrated my immaculate mastery of the English vocabulary! Kidding, it's been downhill every since I finished my MSc thesis 2 years ago (the last time I whipped out $100 words like there was no tomorrow) 😂 Regarding a troubleshooting thread, this is a good idea! Not sure how we're going to pull it off though. Perhaps we can make videos for the most common problems?
LOL english is not my first language neither - don't worry.
Just start a new thread until you can post it on your site. I had to scroll to page 160 ish to find your glass fix youtube clip lol

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Excitement and laughter aside from receiving your long awaited case, I do hope quality control is alot better moving forward for the next batch and eventual commercial success if you do planning on being one of the big player in the SFF market.

The average builder who is considering dropping $300-400 will view these examples as horrific examples of poor quality control.
is it "horrific" ?
im taking this experience with a grain of salt...its KS (I've seen more flop on KS than this) ... what about Dan + T1 + Ncase ....i mean did they all go smooth from day 1?

it is a KS for a reason...now ..i know a lot of people are going to call out "hey there has been preorders out" but preorders are the old-school KS imo...preorder is not a new thing.... yes hopefully all this feedback will help Thorzone out in the long run. Yes this is premium ...but hey we are contributor. lets see if v5 of mjolnir will be called stormbringer finally. LOL

hoanghiep2111

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2019
is it "horrific" ?
im taking this experience with a grain of salt...its KS (I've seen more flop on KS than this) ... what about Dan + T1 + Ncase ....i mean did they all go smooth from day 1?

it is a KS for a reason...now ..i know a lot of people are going to call out "hey there has been preorders out" but preorders are the old-school KS imo...preorder is not a new thing.... yes hopefully all this feedback will help Thorzone out in the long run. Yes this is premium ...but hey we are contributor. lets see if v5 of mjolnir will be called stormbringer finally. LOL
Again I'm not talking strictly "kickstarter".

Fine, kickstarters are technically early adopters who took a risk, should be aware of that risk and therefore should have a more open-minded approach to QC issues.

I'm saying now that he's out of the kickstarter phase and into 2nd batch, 3rd batch, and maybe later revision; having rusts inside screw holes, scratches on panels and magnets falling out doesn't look good. Especially if he keeps sticking with the same policy of no RMA. Think about it, right now buying the case secondhanded from eBay offer the buyer more protection.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Again I'm not talking strictly "kickstarter".

Fine, kickstarters are technically early adopters who took a risk, should be aware of that risk and therefore should have a more open-minded approach to QC issues.

I'm saying now that he's out of the kickstarter phase and into 2nd batch, 3rd batch, and maybe later revision; having rusts inside screw holes, scratches on panels and magnets falling out doesn't look good. Especially if he keeps sticking with the same policy of no RMA. Think about it, right now buying the case secondhanded from eBay offer the buyer more protection.
yes i agree with this. the fact that 3rd batch is about to be put out and we only started to see some of the QC - sorta makes it a bit "iffy" but hopefully this will streamline.

I say give it 6months.
Why 6? because those who are receiving only have small spot checkon QC. then its about the wear and tear...wear and tear under usage is at least 1 month away. What do we do about replacement parts...screws...etc.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
The cases weren't completed in April. Dark wasn't completed until around May 20th. Steel still isn't fully completed due to the screw shortage issue. If the cases were shipped by boat, they would have all been shipped at the same time. Every color would have been shipped together, at the same time. This means that nothing would have shipped yet and no one would have a case right now. Thorzone took the right approach by switching to air shipping, as well as shipping colors and regions as soon as possible rather than waiting for everything to be completed and finalized.

... says someone who is among the lucky ones to receive the case first

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
... says someone who is among the lucky ones to receive the case first
As @For_Science has said many times, someone will be first and someone will be last. That's just the way it works. If thorzone took the approach of shipping all colors at the same time by boat, no one would have a case now. I understand how frustrating it is to wait for this case, I was in the same position less than a week ago. I was happy for those that got their cases before me, not resentful that mine still hadn't come. As far as June pre-orders receiving their cases before some backers, you have to remember that the cases may not have gotten made or their quality would have been much less if it were not for the infusion of capital from the June pre-orders. June pre-orders took just as much of a risk as the kickstarter backers too. If the project somehow fell through, how would June pre-orders get their money back? We were all in the same boat. Alex and team are working extremely hard on this final important step of shipping and everyone will have their Mjolnirs within the next two months. There is nothing else to be done at this point but be a bit more patient. I know it sucks but good things take time.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
@AlexTzone
Some observation so far after getting my case with booster cell.
- the fan cable on the booster cell is too tiny, maybe add 0.5cm more to the cable.
- might want to add 2 more things to the instructions: side rails are not needed + tighten screws on top and bottom however front panel will be loose without core. Do not worry once core is inside it wont rattle.
- IF flipping core, you will also need to flip the booster cell (or else connectors will be upside down)

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
As @For_Science has said many times, someone will be first and someone will be last. That's just the way it works. If thorzone took the approach of shipping all colors at the same time by boat, no one would have a case now. I understand how frustrating it is to wait for this case, I was in the same position less than a week ago. I was happy for those that got their cases before me, not resentful that mine still hadn't come. As far as June pre-orders receiving their cases before some backers, you have to remember that the cases may not have gotten made or their quality would have been much less if it were not for the infusion of capital from the June pre-orders. June pre-orders took just as much of a risk as the kickstarter backers too. If the project somehow fell through, how would June pre-orders get their money back? We were all in the same boat. Alex and team are working extremely hard on this final important step of shipping and everyone will have their Mjolnirs within the next two months. There is nothing else to be done at this point but be a bit more patient. I know it sucks but good things take time.

I agree with most of your points, however:
- I am not sure shipping by boat means they have to be shipped all at the same time.
- the problem is not the june preorders, it's the fact that november / mai 2021 preorders may get their cases before some kickstarter backers

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Sorry I'm not avoiding it on purpose, there's a lot of stuff being written here and I can't keep track of it all (this means sometimes the same question is missed several times). Singapore is in the last 10%, so we're shipping it after the large regions. I don't have an ETA but depending on how fast we can ship EU it's either going to be June or July.

@beerbuddha whaaat I thought the live stream demonstrated my immaculate mastery of the English vocabulary! Kidding, it's been downhill every since I finished my MSc thesis 2 years ago (the last time I whipped out $100 words like there was no tomorrow) 😂 Regarding a troubleshooting thread, this is a good idea! Not sure how we're going to pull it off though. Perhaps we can make videos for the most common problems?
Thanks for the estimation. I'll adjust my expectations accordingly. Hopefully it does arrive within July with no issues.

Phnx

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
Deal reached for AU and KR! Will start sending them tomorrow 👌 Now it's just EU left and we've covered all large regions.
Have you set a deadline for the EU quote? What kind of schedule can we expect if you need to go with the "other shipping solution", regarding actually getting the cases out of your warehouse?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone
Some observation so far after getting my case with booster cell.
- the fan cable on the booster cell is too tiny, maybe add 0.5cm more to the cable.
- might want to add 2 more things to the instructions: side rails are not needed + tighten screws on top and bottom however front panel will be loose without core. Do not worry once core is inside it wont rattle.
- IF flipping core, you will also need to flip the booster cell (or else connectors will be upside down)

Thank you for the feedback! 😄

Have you tried this:

You can eliminate front panel rattle completely by making sure the top/bottom grills are inserted as far into their slots as possible (the slots in the Shell) and then tightening the screws (not too much). Also, I usually have the fan connector underneath one of the grills:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I agree with most of your points, however:
- I am not sure shipping by boat means they have to be shipped all at the same time.
- the problem is not the june preorders, it's the fact that november / mai 2021 preorders may get their cases before some kickstarter backers

He is right, we would have to wait for everything to be ready before sending out by boat, since this is only suitable for large volume. So everything to US, CA, AU, EU would need to be finished. Also there will be sorting problems because MJOLNIR is complicated (there are about 75+ variations). I have exactly 0 doubt express is the best, but the question is always whether or not you can afford it. Luckily, it looks like we can if we negotiate hard. This way we can sort, pack and label each package ourselves (the factory knows the products in and out, therefore the risk of miss-sorting is almost 0) and not depend on someone else doing that. Also, reading any campaign where sea shipping is involved you always see these type of comments:
- MY STUFF NEVER ARRIVED
- Ehh...I got the wrong colors and size

Just a small correction, it’s Kickstarter + June 2020 pre-orders that are going out now, not November 2020. Nov. is part of Batch 2.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch
He is right, we would have to wait for everything to be ready before sending out by boat, since this is only suitable for large volume. So everything to US, CA, AU, EU would need to be finished. Also there will be sorting problems because MJOLNIR is complicated (there are about 75+ variations). I have exactly 0 doubt express is the best, but the question is always whether or not you can afford it. Luckily, it looks like we can if we negotiate hard. This way we can sort, pack and label each package ourselves (the factory knows the products in and out, therefore the risk of miss-sorting is almost 0) and not depend on someone else doing that. Also, reading any campaign where sea shipping is involved you always see these type of comments:
- MY STUFF NEVER ARRIVED
- Ehh...I got the wrong colors and size

Just a small correction, it’s Kickstarter + June 2020 pre-orders that are going out now, not November 2020. Nov. is part of Batch 2.

Ok, this makes sense and I now agree that shipping by air is the better option.

Regarding your other statement: no, my concern is what I actually mentioned. November and Mai 2021 preorders are now in production as you stated earlier and will be finished in July (?). Since you have already negotiated shipping prices for e.g. the US, I assume those cases will leave the factory as soon as they are packed, which will probably be in July still. By that time I am not sure all kickstarter cases will be shipped however.

Jo Moebius

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 9, 2021
Hi @AlexTzone,

just preparing everything for the long awaited delivery to EU. I just read the manual for installing the booster cell. I didn`t order a Mjolnir R, but would like to hock up the LED`s from the booster cell. As i would like to prepare in advance, do you have any experience on alternative LED strips or a extension cable you could recommend?

Cheers,

Jo

PS: you guys do a fantastic job -i tip my hat to the way you handle things during these rough times. 👍