• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
They just used their time efficiently. It's better than stopping while waiting. Thanks to their constant consideration, Unibody has returned, the exhaust cutout has grown, and various complementary points have been added. I don't want them to stop. I don't think there's a problem with how they use their time because they've provided reasonable evidence for the delivery.
What delivery? yours? because I don't have the money (since 2019), I don't have the case, and I don't have the ETA. What "reasonable evidence for the delivery" are you referring to? What evidence are you talking about? I didn't see new photos from the fabric with the boxes. What if my case was sent to a non backer and they are delaying the shipments? What if they are out of cases and ours will be made on the August batch? It is so difficult that, after all this time they deserve 0 credit for most of us?

P.D: And my comment was not because I don't want them to STOP anything, it is just because they have said literally "we are 2 people at full time job working to ship the cases as fast as possible."

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
What delivery? yours? because I don't have the money (since 2019), I don't have the case, and I don't have the ETA. What "reasonable evidence for the delivery" are you referring to? What evidence are you talking about? I didn't see new photos from the fabric with the boxes. What if my case was sent to a non backer and they are delaying the shipments? What if they are out of cases and ours will be made on the August batch? It is so difficult that, after all this time they deserve 0 credit for most of us?

I'm not hiding stuff from you, the cases are there and they will be delivered shortly after we get feedback from UPS. It's not that hard to believe that international logistics is a hard thing? (once again we are learning on the go and are far off from something like Amazon). Steel is the only one we haven't finished because of the shortage of screws which I also explained the resons for (my miscalculations), but will be solved as soon as the screws arrive (in production now). If we don't have enough cases we'll not pay our suppliers and that's a risk they wouldn't take.

You will get your case and it's definitely not far off now. If you have non-conspiracy questions to us I'll answer them to the best of my abilities and I don't see any reasons to hide anything from you. But if you don't believe my answers, what's the point of me providing them in the first place...

I understand the frustration, believe me, you are waiting for 1 case and I'm waiting for 600 cases to be shipped out & loads of people wondering where they are every day. If there's a possibility this can be done faster, it will be done faster.

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
I'm not hiding stuff from you, the cases are there and they will be delivered shortly after we get feedback from UPS. It's not that hard to believe that international logistics is a hard thing? (once again we are learning on the go and are far off from something like Amazon). Steel is the only one we haven't finished because of the shortage of screws which I also explained the resons for (my miscalculations), but will be solved as soon as the screws arrive (in production now). If we don't have enough cases we'll not pay our suppliers and that's a risk they wouldn't take.

You will get your case and it's definitely not far off now. If you have non-conspiracy questions to us I'll answer them to the best of my abilities and I don't see any reasons to hide anything from you. But if you don't believe my answers, what's the point of me providing them in the first place...

I understand the frustration, believe me, you are waiting for 1 case and I'm waiting for 600 cases to be shipped out & loads of people wondering where they are every day. If there's a possibility this can be done faster, it will be done faster.
You've been saying this "You will get your case and it's definitely not far off now." for months, please have more self-criticism. We are dangerously getting near the August batch, people who bought it in 2021! If this doesn't mean anything to you and you won't accept any critic, well... it's up to you. I'm not in your position but I think I would be much more humble than you are.

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021

And again, it is not the same having the money in your pocket and that the ones who are waiting are those 600 people, not you. Your business is made now, and you are only fighting to not loose any of your margin with the UPS deal. As far as I know, if you were disposed to pay what UPS is asking to you, the cases were been delivered, so this is only a matter of how many are you disposed to pay them, dealing with the EU cases, the ones who paid more for the shipment! What are you going to do if their answer is NO? A part from being lost 2 more weeks? You are going to increase the bet? Why don't do it today?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
And again, it is not the same having the money in your pocket and that the ones who are waiting are those 600 people, not you. Your business is made now, and you are only fighting to not loose any of your margin with the UPS deal. As far as I know, if you were disposed to pay what UPS is asking to you, the cases were been delivered, so this is only a matter of how many are you disposed to pay them, dealing with the EU cases, the ones who paid more for the shipment! What are you going to do if their answer is NO? A part from being lost 2 more weeks? You are going to increase the bet? Why don't do it today?

We switched from shipping by sea to air express, getting into the margins is unavoidable. The answer from the was NO a couple of weeks ago, now they have reconsidered because they see we are shipping serious volume. They wouldn't waste time recalculating the prices if they knew the deal isn't significantly better than last time (because if we don't sign they've wasted time as well).

Let me give you an example with MJOLNIR S to EU:

MJOLNIR S - $299
Shipping to EU - $90 (a bit different depending on specific country)
Total = $389

From $389 we have to pay $77.8 in VAT, which leaves $90-$77.8 = $12.2 left for shipping. The probability of getting a 4kg package from China to the EU for $12.2 by express is equal to creating gold out of thin air. Now this would have worked out nicely if we went by boat for all EU cases with local distribution from Germany, however now that we've switched to express by air...things are hard and that's why we must negotiate hard.

Last edited:

NotBoringCase

Trash Compacter
May 20, 2021
We switched from shipping by sea to air express, getting into the margins is unavoidable. The answer from the was NO a couple of weeks ago, now they have reconsidered because they see we are shipping serious volume. They wouldn't waste time recalculating the prices if they knew the deal isn't significantly better than last time (because if we don't sign they've wasted time as well).

MJOLNIR S - $299
Total = $389

From $389 we have to pay $77.8 in VAT, which leaves $90-$77.8 = $12.2 left for shipping. The probability of getting a 4kg package from China to the EU for $12.2 by express is equal to creating gold out of thin air. Now this would have worked out nicely if we went by boat for all EU cases with local distribution from Germany, however now that we've switched to express by air...things are hard and that's why we must negotiate hard.
You talk like I've set the price of your product... I don't know if you recover the loss increasing shipment prices from other regions, or not sending some of the rewards, or the Gen4 cable, you know? Only you know your numbers, but you can't blame anyone of product being so cheap you don't even have enough for shipments. You want me to pay an extra for sending via UPS today, I've had to think about it but I think I would do it. I'm tired of wasting more time and I don't want you to lose any peny.

keepcoding

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2019
blog.keepcoding.ch

MJOLNIR S - $299
Total = $389

Maybe in retrospective it was a mistake to switch from boat to air? I mean if the cases were shipped back in April, they would have arrived in the meantime plus you would have more money in your pocket. The purpose of "express" is totally defeated by now and the argument that it is safer by air is an assumption at most.

Another question: how long are you planning to wait for the reply from UPS? Have you set a deadline in order to limit the delay?

Last edited:
Reactions: hoanghiep2111

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I don't know if @AlexTzone keeps up with any of the Kickstarter campaigns that were introduced in previous updates under "Cool stuff we found on Kickstarter", but at least Bullet SSD from Update #3 has really gone in a bad way. Apart from those who want a shivering "I'm glad we're not them" situation, I would also maybe say to Alex to maybe not introduce other campaigns in (future, if there is going to be another Kickstarter like event ever), as you don't want to accidentally promote accidental vaporware :p

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I don't know if @AlexTzone keeps up with any of the Kickstarter campaigns that were introduced in previous updates under "Cool stuff we found on Kickstarter", but at least Bullet SSD from Update #3 has really gone in a bad way. Apart from those who want a shivering "I'm glad we're not them" situation, I would also maybe say to Alex to maybe not introduce other campaigns in (future, if there is going to be another Kickstarter like event ever), as you don't want to accidentally promote accidental vaporware :p

Yeah I've forgot what this is called now, but basically many campaign creators DM each other and say "Heey, we have this project blabla - can you feature us in your updates and we'll feature you in our updates". I think we've gotten such requests literally 100+ times by now and in the beginning we featured the above campaign in one of the updates (at the very end) and something else in another update...everybody wants to be like Peak Design on KS. After 2-3 times I really didn't understand the point of it (saw 0% increase in backers after other campaigns posted updates) and it felt like a waste of time + potentially marketing pure garbage (like it turned out that campaign became). Interested to see what happened to the other ones we included in the first updates :eek:

Oculus Rift must be the biggest miracle crowdfunding has produced to date, just mind boggling a startup can create something that complex regardless of budget. I have a feeling that each PCB a crowdfunding project includes decreases it's probability of delivery by 20% & each time a "microchip" and "startup" are part of the same campaign it's already -90%. Quite frankly that USB-C on the DOCK makes me uncomfortable, not that I doubt we'll make it, but simply that one needs to be super careful involving anything that can be regarded as "complex" to any degree.

Last edited:

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
How did you get the measurements to PSlate? Last I messaged him he said he would wait until the case was fully released and he could get his hands on one for dimensions (and it still shows as "coming soon" on his website)
I bought a set for my FormD T1 and they appear to be fine in Mjolnir. Let me finish my build completely before I say 100% that they work.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
For any people who are interested in special cables for their Mjolnir case. As per others here confirmed, I took the Dan A4 as specs
1x24p-250mm
1xcpu8p-350mm
2xgpu8p-200mm
1xsata with 2 headers-150mm+150mm (I wont be needing the data but its good to have just in case)

I mentioned Dan A4 case and the seller KNEW the measurements already

Ill be getting them sleeved and combed out of someone from Etsy. going to build without the Etsy cable first and then transfer over. If the Etsy cables works out its roughly 65$USD for North America (I live in Canada).
my PSU is EVGA 550W GM - price may change depending on your PSU

Cables ARE from China. Lots of cases/moders have received him so I'm yoloing here. Will report back when I a chance.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Maybe in retrospective it was a mistake to switch from boat to air? I mean if the cases were shipped back in April, they would have arrived in the meantime plus you would have more money in your pocket. The purpose of "express" is totally defeated by now and the argument that it is safer by air is an assumption at most.

Another question: how long are you planning to wait for the reply from UPS? Have you set a deadline in order to limit the delay?
The cases weren't completed in April. Dark wasn't completed until around May 20th. Steel still isn't fully completed due to the screw shortage issue. If the cases were shipped by boat, they would have all been shipped at the same time. Every color would have been shipped together, at the same time. This means that nothing would have shipped yet and no one would have a case right now. Thorzone took the right approach by switching to air shipping, as well as shipping colors and regions as soon as possible rather than waiting for everything to be completed and finalized.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
The cases weren't completed in April. Dark wasn't completed until around May 20th. Steel still isn't fully completed due to the screw shortage issue. If the cases were shipped by boat, they would have all been shipped at the same time. Every color would have been shipped together, at the same time. This means that nothing would have shipped yet and no one would have a case right now. Thorzone took the right approach by switching to air shipping, as well as shipping colors and regions as soon as possible rather than waiting for everything to be completed and finalized.
the pain of KS/first batch PO
its a heavy product - its learning curve - so far yes NA (CAD + USA) have been lucky. sorry world.
Actualyl luckiest are the first 30 that went out in asia but showed no signs in receiving them lol

If we actually went as planned I don't think a new batch of preorder could have been brought (including new accessories). Who knew steel would be delayed that's the unfortunate part (sorry multi case and steel backers).

But while everyone stating "lack of communication" i think on a daily basis Alex been good on it...choice of words might be incorrect sometimes but then again English might not be his primary so it is what it is (unless i hope he ain't passing it through google translate)

so far the pivot been good 4 months later.
I mean I backed a GaN 200W PD plug that is no where shipped that ended its KS back in Nov 2020..... suppose shipped Jan...they still didn't get QC.
gg to me.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey @AlexTzone this question was asked many many times... can you please stop avoiding and gave us an estimated timeline?

Sorry I'm not avoiding it on purpose, there's a lot of stuff being written here and I can't keep track of it all (this means sometimes the same question is missed several times). Singapore is in the last 10%, so we're shipping it after the large regions. I don't have an ETA but depending on how fast we can ship EU it's either going to be June or July.

@beerbuddha whaaat I thought the live stream demonstrated my immaculate mastery of the English vocabulary! Kidding, it's been downhill every since I finished my MSc thesis 2 years ago (the last time I whipped out $100 words like there was no tomorrow) 😂 Regarding a troubleshooting thread, this is a good idea! Not sure how we're going to pull it off though. Perhaps we can make videos for the most common problems?

Last edited:

HoshiGumi

Chassis Packer
May 11, 2021
@AlexTzone
Just received my case. Stealth Canada, Base model with performance panels and Booster Cell Add-On.
Overall I am extremely happy. The Keynotes:
-Top Panel has two unglued magnets. (That's okay I was expecting this)
-Top Panel has some heavy scratch on the interior. I can live with this, sucks but I'll never see it.
-Plenty of residue, I'll do a pass with rubbing alcohol. (Not too worried)
-Booster Cell has some ?rust? residue around one of the fan drill hole. It's orange liquid so I am making an assumption. (Should clean up well is my guess)
-Outside is immaculate. I am one of the lucky ones but the case is flawless on the outside. (Other than my greasy fingers....yep stealth is confirmed a fingerprint magnet.
-Thoroughly can't wait to build in it this weekend. I've filmed and took pics of the unboxing. Nothing professional I'm afraid...too excited.