• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I think it is again a matter of communication or general over-promising. On multiple occasions there has been communications to imply that once packing is done, it will be shipped. Whereas in reality once packing is done, there is still QCing, "test shipping", and then shipping per region. So I wouldn't blame the community for being under the impression of "well, the cases are packed, why aren't they shipping?"

I think shipping to the local asia region first is in principle fine as somewhere has to be first, and somewhere has to be last. It's a little bit of a shame that the test shipping was not completed first, so there are going to be potentially months gaps between the first stealth case arriving in HongKong vs the last steel case arriving in somewhere remote. .

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
upgraded to R and added O2 Panel.
I'm ok with receiving in Sept->Oct even later since @AlexTzone you've mentioned that I paid extra for shipping so the case will still be sent in current batch
(I hope that still holds)

Reactions: AlexTzone

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I think it is again a matter of communication or general over-promising. On multiple occasions there has been communications to imply that once packing is done, it will be shipped. Whereas in reality once packing is done, there is still QCing, "test shipping", and then shipping per region. So I wouldn't blame the community for being under the impression of "well, the cases are packed, why aren't they shipping?"

I think shipping to the local asia region first is in principle fine as somewhere has to be first, and somewhere has to be last. It's a little bit of a shame that the test shipping was not completed first, so there are going to be potentially months gaps between the first stealth case arriving in HongKong vs the last steel case arriving in somewhere remote. .
agree - i think shipping negotiation should have been way way prior, however from the long thread DHL was on the table but only on a handshake which is unfortunate.

We are now in the "endgame"
lets hope for the best

approvethismessage

Cable Smoosher
Dec 11, 2020
Trust me I understand! Take your time with it!

For anyone else whose upset over shipping delays, please realize that if this step is rushed and cases get lost in transit, it's a multi-month set back because the cases will have to be re-manufactured. Plus add time for the insurance claim to be approved and money to be issued by UPS.

An extra couple weeks is a lot better than an extra year! Take your time and don't feel pressured by posts complaining about shipping delays. Your doing great!
My issue with the shipping delay is that Alex seems surprised to suddenly have 100s of boxes in China that need to be shipped.

They've had 12+ months to plan shipping. It should have been planned and tested in parallel with manufacturing. It's been nearly 4 weeks since the Kickstarter update on April 15th that told us that "as of this week ALL STEALTH cases are ready for shipping". Shipping plans did not need to wait until the product was packed and on the loading dock. Shipping tests did not need to wait until there were actual customer orders in the boxes.

It was a lack of foresight and planning that I consider incompetent if not negligent and it detracts from the beautiful case that we're all eager to receive.

@AlexTzone Sorry if this sounds harsh. I know you're working through these challenges for the first time. Almost there!

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
@AlexTzone not sure if I was the only one stalking the preorder page but now that it's open I can't get in to check out the add-ons. I pre-ordered in November 2020 but it's not accepting my order number. On failure it tells me my "backer number" is incorrect.

From the looks of it, the only new item is the O2 panel.. so it's not the end of the world but would be nice to have. (I bought all the things in Nov.. Mjolnir R, 2x panels, and booster).

Btw, my wife saw the silver with purple God Rays and is in love.. not ready for another case yet, but perhaps in the future.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
@AlexTzone not sure if I was the only one stalking the preorder page but now that it's open I can't get in to check out the add-ons. I pre-ordered in November 2020 but it's not accepting my order number. On failure it tells me my "backer number" is incorrect.

From the looks of it, the only new item is the O2 panel.. so it's not the end of the world but would be nice to have. (I bought all the things in Nov.. Mjolnir R, 2x panels, and booster).

Btw, my wife saw the silver with purple God Rays and is in love.. not ready for another case yet, but perhaps in the future.
when entering the number make sure you put # in front. a lot of people had that issue when they had to confirm their address

Brickpudding

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 13, 2021
I was the original kickbacker from when this case was first launched, so I am assuming I am part of the first batch. I ordered the R model with RGB kit, I want to clarify do we also receive the O2 panel as well or do we have to order that serperate?

Reactions: AlexTzone

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Wait so dark should be finished packaging about now right?
Depends on what promised speed, which is all over the place. But the latest estimate is that both dark and steel to be finished by the end of the month. I would personally interperet this as dark to be maybe finished by the end of the month.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Do you have an ETA on this? There's a lot of "will generate labels" and very little "have generated labels". It's a shame these cases have been sitting in boxes on a factory floor for so long when customers are eager to get them. Your priority seems to be on taking another batch of orders instead of shipping the batch that's ready to go.

Are you going to wait until these 50-100 are successfully received by the customer before generating/shipping the rest? Or just that you can successfully batch generate the labels?
dont suppose to shorten the delay for North America, we can add 10 labels of Canada in for those who would like to volunteer?
i don't know if it is too complex for you to do that.

Thanks for responding to the thread, despite a lot of over-excitement post, I want to commend you for doing a good job in answering everyone
Keep it up Alex. we will get through this
agree - i think shipping negotiation should have been way way prior, however from the long thread DHL was on the table but only on a handshake which is unfortunate.

We are now in the "endgame"
lets hope for the best

Thing is, we had negotiations way prior, WAY prior. Everything got thrown out of the window in the recent months, as shipping prices has increased beyond all recognition. So in short, we had to redo all deals and all prior preparations were mute. The price increase is a mixture of vaccines taking up air space, as well as very little stuff going back on the planes from the rest of the world -> China.

upgraded to R and added O2 Panel.
I'm ok with receiving in Sept->Oct even later since @AlexTzone you've mentioned that I paid extra for shipping so the case will still be sent in current batch
(I hope that still holds)

Yes it doesn't affect shipping of your case at all :)

R - black - 2x panel + 02 ordered.

We still get the original panel if we order the O2, right?

Epic!! Yes of course, if you select the O2 Panel addon you will get TWO of them :)

I was the original kickbacker from when this case was first launched, so I am assuming I am part of the first batch. I ordered the R model with RGB kit, I want to clarify do we also receive the O2 panel as well or do we have to order that serperate?

You will receive TWO O2 Panel by default :)

Reactions: Jakyrian

saonexus

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2020
Depends on what promised speed, which is all over the place. But the latest estimate is that both dark and steel to be finished by the end of the month. I would personally interperet this as dark to be maybe finished by the end of the month.
Gotcha. I guess I was basing it off of these two replies:
About 60 Darks PACKED!! They started packing yesterday 😳 Sure they are heavily delayed, but glad to see the assembly team is flying once they actually get their hands on the parts.

Dark is actually 33% finished now (i.e. around 100+ of ~300 cases are assembled, packed and stored in the warehouse. However, after talking with the factory we both agree that it's best to send color-wise (i.e. Stealth first, then Dark, then Steel), at least for the big regions like US, Canada, Australia and Europe. This way we avoid accidentally sending the wrong colors to people, since we'll be working with 1 color at a time.

We'll start with US and take it from there.

For all smaller regions we can probably book to pick all of them up on the same day (or 2 days) since it's only something like 150 cases.

90% of those 30 cases were sent with SF express and arrived 1-5 days later, heard no problems there. 10% of those 30 cases were sent much more recently (& by UPS) and some are still in transit.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
A quick summary of what's going on right now with shipments:
  1. Our UPS account & factory's UPS accounts are active and our test shipments have succeeded
  2. Creating shipments manually works
The problems are as follows:
  • When using UPS Worldship, for some reason it doesn't read our .csv files, so we can't file batch shipments (it would take very long to do every shipment manually and prone to human error).
  • When using UPS online batch shipment IT WORKS, however it doesn't automatically generate customs information so the cases would get stuck at the border.
Tomorrow we will be calling UPS techs and work with them to solve the .csv issue. If it's solved we can generate as many shipments as well like and have them picked up the next day. Frustrating.

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
A quick summary of what's going on right now with shipments:
  1. Our UPS account & factory's UPS accounts are active and our test shipments have succeeded
  2. Creating shipments manually works

That's good to hear!

The problems are as follows:
  • When using UPS Worldship, for some reason it doesn't read our .csv files, so we can't file batch shipments (it would take very long to do every shipment manually and prone to human error).
  • When using UPS online batch shipment IT WORKS, however it doesn't automatically generate customs information so the cases would get stuck at the border.
Tomorrow we will be calling UPS techs and work with them to solve the .csv issue. If it's solved we can generate as many shipments as well like and have them picked up the next day. Frustrating.

I think the problem stems from your insistence to micromanage everything. Clearly you lack the experience to handle this task. You should let UPS handle logistics and simply check and verify prior to shipping. That's how it's done.