AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
That's good to hear!

I think the problem stems from your insistence to micromanage everything. Clearly you lack the experience to handle this task. You should let UPS handle logistics and simply check and verify prior to shipping. That's how it's done.

It's going to keep on being a problem in the future unless we solve it now. UPS handles logistics but it's our job to book the shipments, which we can do if our csv imports work correctly in Worldship. We do exactly like they instruct on videos. Anyway, tomorrow we'll have a long talk and I'm going to insist until the imports either work or one of their technicians comes over to our place.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
ALEX 'Hahaha' it is not an answer.

Why not? It's an answer to a joke another person made about the package. If you ask me a serious question I'm going to give you a serious answer. If you make a good joke I'm going to laugh, I'm a human and not a machine.

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018
It's going to keep on being a problem in the future unless we solve it now. UPS handles logistics but it's our job to book the shipments, which we can do if our csv imports work correctly in Worldship. We do exactly like they instruct on videos. Anyway, tomorrow we'll have a long talk and I'm going to insist until the imports either work or one of their technicians comes over to our place.

Keeping the cases at the factory for this long also creates problems and unnecessary risk.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Keeping the cases at the factory for this long also creates problems and unnecessary risk.

It's not good for anyone that they are just sitting there now. For you and us it's frustrating, for the factory it's frustrating and takes up a BIG part of their storage space. Nobody gains anything from things going like this so we really hope we can solve it ASAP after talking with UPS tomorrow.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
hey @AlexTzone
sorry that UPS have given you trouble, (I think this is the other reason why DHL was encouraged but I understand about $)

on KS
"We wanted this update to start with something like — finally all stealth cases have shipped!...but the shipping journey has been a lot less smooth than anticipated, in some ways even more confusing and frustrating than manufacturing itself."

does that include batch 1 and KS or just KS cases.

If yes how does this update pair with the fact that yo have issues with UPS batch process and need to talk with them.
Also, if they are all shipped, I don't think we get our tracking.

Maybe you meant that all cases are packed and ready (which will align with the phrase about having cases sitting at the warehouse)

a bit of clarity please? (I'm from Canada so I understood from last update that CAD will be part of the big region after US....)

Phnx

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
hey @AlexTzone
sorry that UPS have given you trouble, (I think this is the other reason why DHL was encouraged but I understand about $)

on KS
"We wanted this update to start with something like — finally all stealth cases have shipped!...but the shipping journey has been a lot less smooth than anticipated, in some ways even more confusing and frustrating than manufacturing itself."

If yes how does this update pair with the fact that yo have issues with UPS batch process and need to talk with them.

Maybe you meant that all cases are packed and ready (which will align with the phrase about having cases sitting at the warehouse)

a bit of clarity please? (I'm from Canada so I understood from last update that CAD will be part of the big region after US....)
It's clickbait, no cases have been shipped apart from the "test batch".

@AlexTzone, since dark should be ready any day and you are yet to ship the stealth, is the plan still to wait for all stealths to be shipped before shipping dark? I find it strange that the factory has so little trust in their own employees that the cases have to be packed and sent color by color not to mix them up. Is this how you're going to proceed in the future? Only batches of a single color?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinken1

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
The CSV issue probably has to do with encoding or something. There’s a reason I still prefer to use good ol’ Notepad rather than Excel.

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
hey @AlexTzone

on KS

UPS meeting -> fix import problem -> generate shipping labels -> ship stealth -> ship dark -> ship steel.

It's clickbait, no cases have been shipped apart from the "test batch".

@AlexTzone, since dark should be ready any day and you are yet to ship the stealth, is the plan still to wait for all stealths to be shipped before shipping dark? I find it strange that the factory has so little trust in their own employees that the cases have to be packed and sent color by color not to mix them up. Is this how you're going to proceed in the future? Only batches of a single color?

People aren’t machines and aren’t perfect, we have to manually fetch and label each case. Sending one color at a time is a preemptive measure to avoid mixing colors accidentally. You don’t have to deal with backers receiving the wrong color but I have to, nor is it fair to them to get the wrong color after such a delay, especially when it could be avoided. Rather than relying on hindsight we take this preemptive measure to avoid the problem all together.

Look I’m not trying to mess with you and the whole team is working pretty much all day everyday to fix this and get your cases out in the promised condition/quality. What do you gain from putting us down with harsh comments, it’s been hard to do all this at this scale and we’re almost done.

Maybe I need to take break from forums and fix the shipping and then return, even though I know it’s our fault there’s been a delay, this isn’t going to do any good taking this to the finish line (on which we’re standing with 1 foot).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The CSV issue probably has to do with encoding or something. There’s a reason I still prefer to use good ol’ Notepad rather than Excel.

indeed, excel formats so much incuding turning "long numbers" into scientific notations - such a pain!

Was thinking it may be something like that, but haven’t tried notepad / simple text editor (for some reason I didn’t think). Will try it now, thanks guys! :)

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Was thinking it may be something like that, but haven’t tried notepad / simple text editor (for some reason I didn’t think). Will try it now, thanks guys! :)
if you are windows, open in notepad++ (better editor) for CSV and it will alow you do multi cursor. You can still "format" the fields but I don't find it as reliable than to edit in a CSV editor.... it won't try to make "decisions" for you...what you will loose is "table view" that is nice...but that's a needed trade off if you want the csv to be compatible to UPS.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
For me, a big question is why the factory sat around and not assembled/packed any cases between mid-April (end of stealth) and now (supposedly 100+ Dark cases in one day...). I would hazard a guess that either it’s all BS and the factory has been working on it since last month (I.e. it took 2-3 weeks to get the current dark cases) and they are just trying to make their numbers more impressive.

If not, then I wonder if they are also going to sit around for a month not doing anything before they start working on the steel units too.

Edit: On May the 1st you said that they started assembling Dark cases, so clearly they have either just lied to you or this claim that they assembled 100+ cases in a day is an overexaggeration.

Reactions: Shinken1 and Acen

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
if you are windows, open in notepad++ (better editor) for CSV and it will alow you do multi cursor. You can still "format" the fields but I don't find it as reliable than to edit in a CSV editor.... it won't try to make "decisions" for you...what you will loose is "table view" that is nice...but that's a needed trade off if you want the csv to be compatible to UPS.

Made a really basic csv with just two rows w. header (in Sumblime Text 3):
Name,Company
Alex,THORZONE

Basically, when importing the csv into Worldship it should let you drag the header columns to their respective fields (i.e. "Name" column from the csv to the name field in the shipping window). Our problem is that the "drag below fields" window is empty, while it should display "Name" and "Company". Seems we'll still need our date with UPS tomorrow.

Tried enclosing it like this as well (still nothing though):
"Name","Company"
"Alex","THORZONE"

If you guys have any ideas whatsoever, let me know and I'll test straight away.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Made a really basic csv with just two rows w. header (in Sumblime Text 3):
Name,Company
Alex,THORZONE

Basically, when importing the csv into Worldship it should let you drag the header columns to their respective fields (i.e. "Name" column from the csv to the name field in the shipping window). Our problem is that the "drag below fields" window is empty, while it should display "Name" and "Company". Seems we'll still need our date with UPS tomorrow.

Tried enclosing it like this as well (still nothing though):
"Name","Company"
"Alex","THORZONE"

If you guys have any ideas whatsoever, let me know and I'll test straight away.

Have you tried as an excel file? UPS import supports that file type too.

Reactions: AlexTzone