• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Dark is a snail, Steel is ready for assembly. Dark is a hard color to get perfect, as you guys can guess from the fact that several manufacturers have abandoned that color before. However, the snail is in the final stretch now and the results will be great (we've anodized almost all Dark parts now). Once it's finished we'll most certainly know exactly how to ship it straight away. Dark and Steel WILL be finished & packed & shipped in May.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Dark is a snail, Steel is ready for assembly. Dark is a hard color to get perfect, as you guys can guess from the fact that several manufacturers have abandoned that color before. However, the snail is in the final stretch now and the results will be great (we've anodized almost all Dark parts now). Once it's finished we'll most certainly know exactly how to ship it straight away. Dark and Steel WILL be finished & packed & shipped in May.
So steel will be packed before dark? or packing is currently on hold until dark is finished anodizing?

saonexus

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2020
I feel like May might be a little too optimistic but I may be proven wrong. But to me, June seems like a more plausible approximation.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
So steel will be packed before dark? or packing is currently on hold until dark is finished anodizing?

It will be packed before dark because it is faster to anodize and will be first to the assembly line of them both. Also, the factory assembles 1 color at a time to avoid mixing stuff.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
It will be packed before dark because it is faster to anodize and will be first to the assembly line of them both. Also, the factory assembles 1 color at a time to avoid mixing stuff.
Two weeks ago you said the below:
But Dark and Steel anodizing started a long time ago, I think its finished now and they'll start assembling them this week. All stealth units are totally finished.
But the way you phrase the above, it makes it sound like the anodising process hasn't finished yet. What's going on with the factory progress? Sounds like mixed messages at the moment.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Two weeks ago you said the below:

But the way you phrase the above, it makes it sound like the anodising process hasn't finished yet. What's going on with the factory progress? Sounds like mixed messages at the moment.

In the beginning the factory told us that dark is going to have a high scrap-rate and that’s why it’s the most expensive to make. They most likely had to anodize more parts due to this scrapping. What I know is that they are almost finished with the remaining colors now.

Dark parts are trickling up to final quantity, unlike Stealth which is very straight forward.

The factory is also learning the exact scrap-rate & speed as we go along, that’s why it’s hard for them to estimate Dark production rate precisely.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
In the beginning the factory told us that dark is going to have a high scrap-rate and that’s why it’s the most expensive to make. They most likely had to anodize more parts due to this scrapping. What I know is that they are almost finished with the remaining colors now.

Dark parts are trickling up to final quantity, unlike Stealth which is very straight forward.

The factory is also learning the exact scrap-rate & speed as we go along, that’s why it’s hard for them to estimate Dark production rate precisely.
Man.......I'm never gonna get my dark case 😔

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Man.......I'm never gonna get my dark case 😔

Yes you are and it’s going to be spanking sweet, the factory wants to start the new batch in May so they must finish the current one first 👊

I mean we’ve been anodizing them a while now, so now (a while e eee eeeee later) it’s not much left until it’s done.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Duke_Krieg

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2020
I've locked in my address, but I'm moving again in two months. Considering that I ordered the dark case, I'm concerned it isn't going to make it in time if it's not done anodizing.

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020

They are on the loose.

Seems like they removed all the photos?

And that's a large reason why I stay off Reddit, the communities can get pretty toxic when it comes to something they don't like or agree with it. They've had an agenda against this case ever since those temperature readings in the youtube review didn't meet their expectations. It's funny seeing people in that thread say "the case feels outdated", it's so clear to me what they're doing. How in the hell is this case outdated? Makes zero logical sense. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to avoid that place.

On the other hand, you have some valid critism in the thread. We have yet to see any test results in regards to testing with the newer panels. I know I asked for them a while ago in the thread and you said you were working on something. Not sure if that's something still in the works, or is it going to be a just wait and see for yourself when you get the case?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com

And that's a large reason why I stay off Reddit, the communities can get pretty toxic when it comes to something they don't like or agree with it. They've had an agenda against this case ever since those temperature readings in the youtube review didn't meet their expectations. It's funny seeing people in that thread say "the case feels outdated", it's so clear to me what they're doing. How in the hell is this case outdated? Makes zero logical sense. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to avoid that place.

On the other hand, you have some valid critism in the thread. We have yet to see any test results in regards to testing with the newer panels. I know I asked for them a while ago in the thread and you said you were working on something. Not sure if that's something still in the works, or is it going to be a just wait and see for yourself when you get the case?

Yeah I understand that kind of criticism, but on Reddit everyone expects me to give a PHD-ish answer every time; no room for being a human or giving a casual answer. Proper thermal tests take a while and we’ve done it for the original Kickstarter unit (the 17-page doc with a whole bunch of configs). For the final model, I did retest things rather quickly based on my knowledge of what thermally-significant has changed. Basically I noticed that yeah, now the performance panels barely rise temperature (compared to having them off) - which is great 😊 In the near future we’ll redo the whole doc based on the final model (once we’ve shipped them).

What I think is sad about Reddit is that there are people there that are obviously very knowledgeable. But I can’t personally develop/incorporate stuff when being yelled at or given constructive criticism in a harsh way. You just feel bad and think every solution you do sucks 😂 This place is completely opposite, people just jump into the thread, drop som cool idea and that’s it. This whole case has been developed on basically this exact phenomena.

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019

It's deleted because box shots and pure case shots without any builds are not allowed on that subreddit. Not defending it, just stating the reason they locked it.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
It's deleted because box shots and pure case shots without any builds are not allowed on that subreddit. Not defending it, just stating the reason they locked it.

Yeah this is true, forgot to mention above, there’s a comment pinned by one of the mods saying this 👌

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Is the factory going to do anything with respect to the magnets falling off some units for dark and steel? or are the instructions going to be unchanged. Maybe delaying the assembly of steel and dark is a blessing in disguise with the stealth owners going to be the real QCers....

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Is the factory going to do anything with respect to the magnets falling off some units for dark and steel? or are the instructions going to be unchanged. Maybe delaying the assembly of steel and dark is a blessing in disguise with the stealth owners going to be the real QCers....

They told me early on “we’ve noticed magnets easily fall off during assembly, so we’re adding more glue now”. So it has already been remedied, even for the majority of stealth. Some of the earlier assembled cases might have slightly weaker bonds on the panel magnets (the Shell should be fine). After adding more glue we got more overflow, which was later wiped with acetone (in a few cases user may still see a bit of overflow that’s slipped through, just wipe with acetone or alkohol).

So long story short it’s taken care of now! :)

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Hey Alex
small suggestion so that you don't get bombarded with questions, since this is week by week, maybe designate a specific day (Tuesday? Wednesday?) where you give status on Shipping negotiation?

Since its been since March the Stealth were packed and finish, we know Asia been shipped out, next is other countries. Would be good to know where US is currently standing and Canada. If US is being mentioned is Canada different timeline or same and should be treated same?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey Alex
small suggestion so that you don't get bombarded with questions, since this is week by week, maybe designate a specific day (Tuesday? Wednesday?) where you give status on Shipping negotiation?

Since its been since March the Stealth were packed and finish, we know Asia been shipped out, next is other countries. Would be good to know where US is currently standing and Canada. If US is being mentioned is Canada different timeline or same and should be treated same?

Thanks in advance

Okay, let's say each Monday I update you guys on status of % shipped out, planned, etc.

The whole shipping stage (express as well as sea freight) is a total mess right now. Just to give you a small taste, Swedish DHL blew up their quote to >100k USD. This is ofc ridiculous and we're getting better rates now, albeit still REALLY expensive. I'm hoping to solve US, Canada, Australia and Europe before Friday. Other countries aren't a problem.

Although I have nothing against being bombarded with questions 👊

Last edited:

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
So just to check:
As of April 27th, you do NOT have confirmed shipping agreement in place with any delivery company?
You do NOT have a confirmed shipping agreement to get cases to the US, Canada, Australia and Europe?
You do NOT have a confirmed date when manufacturing, anodizing, assembly and packaging of Dark and Steel cases will be completed?
You do NOT have a confirmed date when Dark and Steel cases will ship to customers?
(I'm considering the case 'shipped' when the delivery company supplies a tracking number for the package)

You said "to be realistic" that:
  • 99.99% sure it will be finished & shipped by April
In light of the above, what is your date (not the factory's) that you consider certain for shipping the cases?

As you said, "I've noticed that there's always some sort of delay"...